22.09.11

No. 21 Spring 2012

Thanks to Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana and several top editors, I have become slightly obsessed with No. 21.

After looking for it everywhere during New York Fashion Week, I was excited to learn yesterday that it’s stocked in Fenwicks on Bond Street.

The No. 21 Spring 2012 collection combined feminine and masculine pieces to present a totally wearable collection.

Alessandro Dell’Acqua’s masculine looks included a blue-collared light blue shirt with tapered pants. An oversized top was paired with blue embellished shorts. A sweater was paired with silk boxers and we also saw printed pyjama-like ensembles.

The sexy feminine looks included a cropped knit sweater layered over a blouse which was paired with a check pencil skirt. Bralets were paired with pencil skirts alongside knee-length printed skirts, striped cardigans and a selection of dresses ranging from daywear to evening wear.

The colour palette consisted of light blue, black, white, camel and bronze.

Key accessories included long chains with leather pendants, aqua drop earrings, gold and silver embellished pumps and iPad-thin clutches in plaid and python.

I loved that they played my favourite song during the finale: Pat Benatar’s “Love Is A Battlefield.”

Favourites: Blue top with blue sequin shorts and plaid skirt paired with layered top

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Kate Bosworth, Zoe Saldana, Ginnifer Goodwin, Megan Fox and Camilla Belle

Alberta Ferretti Fall 2014 Live Stream

Alberta Ferretti Fall 2014 Live Stream

MaxMara Spring 2012

MaxMara Spring 2012

9 Responses to No. 21 Spring 2012

1. Lila September 22, 2011 at 16:41 #

I always thank the Fashion Gods for the genuis that is Alessandro Dell’Acqua..he really found his niche in N°21, always such amazing collections! And the prints?! How utterly dreamy..love them!
    P.S. You linked pieces from the fall collection ;)

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) September 22, 2011 at 16:54 #

I love what I am seeing here FC…Thanks for putting this collection on my radar. One of the hardest things is to make chic and modern look completely effortless. Looks like he hit the mark.

• Fashion Critic September 22, 2011 at 17:42 #

I can’t wait to add this designer to my closet.

LOVE his work

3. Hannah September 23, 2011 at 00:07 #

I ADORE no.21. Just os efortlessly chic, it reminds me os much of one of my other favourites, Dries Van Noten, just gorgeous. Every piece is so effortless but just impeccably chic and everythign looks os comfortable! On top of your list of who you see earing this collection, I really hope that Olivia Palermo (even though I am not a huge fan of hers, she does pick good clothes usually), Diane Kruger and Leighton Meester wear this collection. Probably my favourite collection so far this fashion week alongside Jason Wu.

4. Sharon September 23, 2011 at 02:01 #

A wonderful collection. When I was young, I would have lived in as many of these outfits as I could afford.

5. Elaine2 September 23, 2011 at 02:47 #

The blue sequin shorts are too baggy in the crotch for my taste, but I LOVE the plaid pencil skirt outfit. Awesome!

6. Ayvee September 23, 2011 at 03:30 #

This is a new designer that I’m going to be watching. Thanks for featuring the collection.

FC, would you know if the earrings and necklace are also made by No. 21? I love the blue dangle earrings in your 2nd and 3rd pictures, and would love to get a pair.

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2011 at 05:05 #

I’m not sure, but you are right they are beautiful.

7. Emi September 23, 2011 at 09:58 #

I’ve always liked A. Dell’Acqua. His collection are always very feminine.