22.09.11

Alberta Ferretti Spring 2012

Alberta Ferretti’s Spring 2012 presented a collection full of signature pretty feminine dresses with a modern twist.

I have loved the tribal influences this Spring. We’ve seen them at Donna Karan and Michael Kors, and now we see them at Alberta Ferretti as the designer presented African-inspired prints and tropical colours.

We saw a lot of sheer dresses with sexy cut-out panels. The Ferretti woman isn’t normally this sexy, but I loved the new direction.

Besides the sheer dresses, models walked the runway wearing coat dresses, lightweight jackets, crochet skirts paired with khaki shirts, knitted dresses, slip dresses, skirt suits with a flounced hem, tropical print dresses, tropical print chiffon skirts paired with sheer shirts, and beautiful draped dresses.

As the show was coming to an end, one of the models stepped onto the runway with a long black chain. At first I thought it was a dog lead, but she was actually dragging a black fringe back along the runway.

[nggallery id=991]

There were many other bags presented during this collection. They were colourful and beaded with thick woven shoulder straps which the model wrapped around their wrist.

Other key accessories included satin strappy sandals.

Models sported wet-look tousled waves, neutral makeup and sun-kissed skin.

Credit: Images belong to Red Carpet Fashion Awards

Zoe Saldana In Giambattista Valli - "Machine Gun Preacher" LA Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Giambattista Valli – “Machine Gun Preacher” LA Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Vivienne Westwood - "The Debt" London Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Vivienne Westwood – “The Debt” London Premiere

8 Responses to Alberta Ferretti Spring 2012

1. Zineb September 22, 2011 at 16:10 #

Milan & Paris fashion weeks have always been the ones I always long for cause I get to see my 2 all time favourite designers Versace’ & Elie Saab’s latest creations. Looking forward !
    It looks pretty great so far ( loved the Gucci collection )

• Fashion Critic September 22, 2011 at 17:32 #

ditto..I love Milano…would never miss it

2. Rebecca Z September 22, 2011 at 16:19 #

Really lovely very wearable clothes. I agree, this collection is stunning. I even love the crochet skirts, not something I usually like.

3. Mol September 22, 2011 at 16:51 #

I liked this and I especially liked the way the models looked – quietly beautiful!

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) September 22, 2011 at 16:59 #

Looks FAB! I love Ferretti and so do my clients. Can’t wait to eyeball the collection up close.

5. Hannah September 23, 2011 at 00:19 #

This is a sincerely gorgeous colection! I lvoe Milan and Paris, becuase while there are great designers in NY and Londres, Paris nad Milan are almost always beautiful, and never boring.
    I alos really adore this colelction, it has a new Ferretti edge, but is still easy, which I love. Also, I could barely even look at teh clothes because of the shoes.They might not be over the top or crazily exciting, but they are gorgeous. They are simple but not boring, I got a serious Jennifer Aniston vibe out of them, unsurprisingly especially the black ones.

6. Liz September 23, 2011 at 05:14 #

I am in LOVE with this collection. It’s just beautiful and feminine. I love everything about it.
    I think we’ll definitely be seeing a lot of it on the red carpet and just on celebs in general.

7. TeaAtTwo September 30, 2011 at 00:22 #

A return to better days for the house!