Celebrities Love…Red Shoes

As you know, I’m not a fan of celebs wearing black pumps on the red carpet. They always seem like the safe choice and it’s frustrating to see the same heels on the red carpet time after time when so many more styles and colours are out there…thank god for Leighton Meester.

Recently celebs have been shunning the sometimes formal black pump in favour of a racier colour: red.

This month, red shoes have been popping up all over the red carpet, much like the red dress trend at the Emmys this weekend.

I only own a pair of red studded ballet flats, but these ladies have inspired me to seek out some red shoes.

I think I would wear red pumps to add some excitement to my look, like Sveva Alviti did during Venice Film Festival, rather than going full-on, head-to-toe, fire-engine red like Dita Von Teese.

Feeling inspired? Then shop these gorgeous red heels.

Charlotte Olympia Dolores textured cotton platform pumps
Maison Martin Margiela wool-covered leather ankle boots
Miu Miu bow-front heels
Valentino nappa leather platform pumps

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Red Carpet Trend: Ladies In Red

Red Carpet Trend: Ladies In Red

11 Responses to Celebrities Love…Red Shoes

1. Mahima September 21, 2011 at 22:53 #

I’ve always loved red heels, and its great to see them on so many celebs.

2. oksana September 22, 2011 at 00:05 #

thank god for Leighton Meester.

• Hannah September 23, 2011 at 00:22 #

3. Nat39 September 22, 2011 at 00:44 #

…and if they happen to be ugly they can always blend safely into the red carpet – very practical :) just kidding.
    I’m a big fan of red heels personally, looking for a perfect pair myself.

4. Elaine2 September 22, 2011 at 03:20 #

I have always loved red shoes, as well…..it goes way back to the Wizard of Oz…….. LOL.

FC, you should definitely pick up a red collection! Very snazzy! :-)

5. Alexandra September 22, 2011 at 10:02 #

dita has done this head to toe red thing a couple times… she’s one of the few people who can pull this off!

and yes, thank God for Leighton! and for the red heels.. after imagining what all of these outfits would look like worn with black shoes, i appreciate the red even more!

6. robbie September 22, 2011 at 11:57 #

those miu miu shoes are adorable. like a revamped ruby slipper, if dorothy were around she would be skipping along the yellow brick road in those beauties.

7. Jones19 September 22, 2011 at 12:03 #

I have a gorgeous pair of red satin peep toe pumps but they are a little snug (ordered them online) so they pinch but I wear them sometimes just because they’re so pretty. The things we do for fashion :D

8. Julie September 22, 2011 at 13:30 #

Love red heels and, well, red anything. :) It’s my fav color.

9. dee September 22, 2011 at 14:37 #

Love it. My favorite color.

10. Hannah September 23, 2011 at 00:28 #

Much more favourable than the black pump. that beign said I was saying that about Nude a few years ago, so perhaps I will come to regret it!
    Also, interestingly the gorgeous Hailee Steinfeld was on this trend months ago, when she wore a ferretti white dress with aldo shoes and a hennes clutch, like the youthful version of Svelta’s look :