20.09.11

Sienna Miller In Christian Dior – Moet & Chandon Etoile Awards

Sienna Miller attended the Moet & Chandon Etoile Awards in London last night which honoured Mario Testino.

Like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, the British actress also wore white…I will guess it was the theme of the night.

Sienna was almost unrecognisable wearing a Christian Dior gown.

Her spaghetti-strap gown with fan-shaped, embellished details is a huge departure from how we are used to seeing her.

I can’t even remember her last red carpet appearance, so this glamorous look is refreshing.

Whilst the gown is spectacular, her makeup is off-putting.

The berry lip isn’t too bad, but the raccoon eyes are shocking.

Credit: INFPhoto & Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert - 'Mary Kom' Music Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert – ‘Mary Kom’ Music Launch

Leighton Meester In Christian Dior - Christian Dior Spring 2012 Presentation

Leighton Meester In Christian Dior – Christian Dior Spring 2012 Presentation

53 Responses to Sienna Miller In Christian Dior – Moet & Chandon Etoile Awards

1. Rebecca Z September 20, 2011 at 21:36 #

Wow–she looks amazing. I like the makeup, though it is dramatic. What a gorgeous dress.

2. J September 20, 2011 at 21:44 #

Agreed, she almost looks like an Olsen twin. Why aren’t all of the buttons done up???

• Rebecca Z September 20, 2011 at 22:08 #

I noticed that too–the buttons

• JLM September 20, 2011 at 22:24 #

The buttons not being completely done was one of the first things I noticed. Is it a statement or did she not care?

• Julie September 21, 2011 at 13:15 #

I think she did put on weight a bit and the dress seems quite tight on her, perhaps she couldn’t close all the buttons…I can’t imagine any other reason…

• Emi September 21, 2011 at 08:47 #

I noticed the buttons, too, but I think that they unbuttoned, it’s easy considering that the dress is a bit loose. I like the gothic make up.

3. JacobGH September 20, 2011 at 21:48 #

I know I’m very much going to be in the minority here but I am loving the exaggerated vampy makeup. It’s a welcome change from her usual boho/girly vibe.

• Jen September 21, 2011 at 06:03 #

I like the makeup too.

4. Mahima September 20, 2011 at 21:49 #

I somehow like it. I works with the dress for me.

5. maria September 20, 2011 at 22:03 #

isn’t the rule either strong eye or strong lip?
    this looks to me as if she did her own makeup. Neither the smoky eyes are very well done, nor the lips have the right shade of berry for her. If she was going for a Hollywood vamp style, Rosie showed her how it is done.
    i do like the hair and the dress and the earrings.

• XX September 21, 2011 at 04:07 #

who says there are “rules”? rules are meant to be broken aren’t they!? isn’t that how fashion evolves??

i like everything except for the button situation. i think dior dressed her last minute and the dress was too small and she loved the dress so much she wore it anyways. but she should have chosen something with better fit.

6. Parvati September 20, 2011 at 22:19 #

I love the dress and I love the make-up. I admit she does look slightly scary, but I like the whole vibe of it. It’s great to see her again back on the red carpet – provided that she doesn’t overdo it with the whole boho style.

7. tweed September 20, 2011 at 22:23 #

i quite like it, but the slinky nature of this dress is lost due to the fit.

uma thurman wore this in 2003 as well: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/3345550/Getty-Images-Entertainment

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2011 at 22:35 #

• TeaAtTwo September 21, 2011 at 00:36 #

Yeah so Uma looked better in this..

8. Rebecca September 20, 2011 at 22:31 #

I love the make-up. I never like Sienna as I feel she is always safe. I didn’t even recognise her as she looks too fabulous for words. I’m all over the look

• anna September 21, 2011 at 23:01 #

i didn’t recognise her either! but it’s good!

i think it’s a improvement for her.
      i don’t usually like her looks

9. TeaAtTwo September 20, 2011 at 22:33 #

The dress reminds me of Marion Cotilliard’s JPG dress for her Oscar win/.

10. Barbs September 20, 2011 at 22:44 #

Overall too much make-up! The blush is too much also!! It’s daring, but too much for me!

11. Hannah September 20, 2011 at 22:51 #

I ador ethe dress but to say that the makeup kills it codl would be a understatement. It is horrifyingly bad. I don’t understand what possessed her. The scary dark cheeks (I don;t want ot define it as contouring, it is way beyodn that), the eyes, the lips. I also really feel like I have seen this dress on someone else before, on Uma Thurman or KAte Hudson I think. Eitehr that or something very similar.

12. artemis September 20, 2011 at 22:58 #

I love the dress but the make up seems like “I’m 10 years old and playing with my mamas make up” lol
    I have no problem with the heavy make-up as an idea but here I find it disasterous!

13. doc September 20, 2011 at 23:00 #

Her posture and facial expressions and hair and make-up completely ruin this look. I saw pics of the dress on another blog and it looks okay, but there was one where she was smiling and she just looked horrific, like somebody made up as a witch for Halloween. It was definitely the effect of the makeup.

14. MG September 20, 2011 at 23:09 #

i kinda like it. the make up brings out some femme fatale vibe

15. Kelly September 20, 2011 at 23:41 #

I actually really like it, make up and all. It’s a different look from her…I was really sick of her whole boho/dry hair/boring makeup style, so I greatly appreciate that she’s switching it up. It’s the first time I’ve noticed how lovely she is!

16. Emma September 20, 2011 at 23:41 #

I hate heavy makeup usually, but I LOVE the makeup here. I think she looks absolutely stunning. Great hair and dress, too.

• Yaas September 21, 2011 at 03:31 #

Agree!

17. Regina September 20, 2011 at 23:53 #

Looks hot but the pout is ridiculous.

18. Nat39 September 20, 2011 at 23:57 #

Adore the gown, so delicate and feminine, lovely hair and jewellery. As for the make-up (and the nail-polish for that matter) – obviously she was going for some kind of “special” bold vibe which very obviously failed to translate. Whatever she was going for, it just does not work with this kind of dress.
    It`s another failing case of “trying to incorporate Avril Lavigne into my pretty feminine look” . Why not just keep it light and pretty, in harmony??

19. laura D September 21, 2011 at 00:14 #

The dress is pretty, but her pout, the sloppiness of not doing the buttons, lack of breast support (a little lift underneath them, please) and too-heavy makeup ruin it for me.

I wouldn’t mind dramatic makeup, but this is just not well done. Look how dark her cheeks are! And dark eyes might work if the lids were dark and smoky, not just smudged liner underneath.

I think this would have worked best with pale pink cheeks, light smoky silver eyes, and a slightly lighter berry lip.

20. Linda September 21, 2011 at 01:02 #

It’s a beautiful dress and I usually don’t like Dior that much.

21. Elaine2 September 21, 2011 at 01:45 #

I don’t think the makeup is any worse than the Duchess of Cambridge’s style…..but, I do think her makeup is horrid. So both of them are in the same league, IMO.

I don’t care for this ‘slip’ style of dress. It looks as if it’s about to fall off in the bedroom, which (IMO) is where this dress should be………..Two thumbs down.

22. DivaDebbi (the Blog) September 21, 2011 at 03:53 #

I didn’t even recognize her! Fun to see her so glammed up for a change.

• Zoi September 21, 2011 at 17:37 #

i did not recognize her either!
      the eye make-up is just so bad…

23. T from Sydney September 21, 2011 at 04:17 #

the make up is putting me off.

to me you either have the focus on the eyes or the lips not both.

i dont really like it over all

• D September 21, 2011 at 10:09 #

24. Rach September 21, 2011 at 05:00 #

Nice dress, atrocious make-up. Who was her beauty inspiration – Taylor Momsen?!

• Fashion Critic September 21, 2011 at 07:34 #

Lol…it looks like it

• Jones19 September 21, 2011 at 15:34 #

HAHAH yes Taylor Momsen!

25. kin September 21, 2011 at 05:27 #

when the mighty fall!

26. gusmex September 21, 2011 at 05:40 #

i love this, is so No-Sienna but i love it

27. e September 21, 2011 at 05:59 #

VULGAR

28. roxana September 21, 2011 at 06:28 #

the make up is horror!

29. D September 21, 2011 at 09:12 #

love the dress, dont mind the lip colour, lose the eye makeup! and the hair?

30. Lil's September 21, 2011 at 09:16 #

I love the dress but the buttons are distracting me. As for the makeup it’s awful and vulgar.

31. oh September 21, 2011 at 09:29 #

The dress is beautiful and the make up is okay. However, I think the problem lies in her face and hair tbh, she is just not aging very well and had this been 3 years ago she would have looked stunning! She looks way into her thirties…she should really cut down on alcohol/smoking/drugs.

32. Jones19 September 21, 2011 at 10:13 #

Oh lord, where to begin? The fit is so off and the buttons are distracting, the worst part is the makeup. The dark eyes with the dark lips is too gothic. Fail.

33. robbie September 21, 2011 at 10:46 #

wow gorgeous from the neck down, from the neck up it is like she is ready for halloween early.

34. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ September 21, 2011 at 12:48 #

Yeah, the makeup is a little too heavy. She looks so much like Vanessa Paradis here, doesn’t she?

35. Luis September 21, 2011 at 15:43 #

I love the make up!

36. ZZ September 21, 2011 at 22:11 #

Is the dress really unflattering or is it me? It is too long and drapey from the straps down to the bust ling and seems to fall really flat all the way down making her look chunky. Passing through the Getty images you can tell from other pictures that she still looks quite petite, but not from the way the dress is hanging on her is that completely obvious.

37. Victoria September 22, 2011 at 07:21 #

Worst make up ever!

38. Lucía September 22, 2011 at 10:18 #

I really really like it, even the makeup. THis is why I love her.