20.09.11

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Burberry – Moet & Chandon Etoile Awards

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley set the red carpet alight at the Moet & Chandon Etoile Awards, which honoured Mario Testino for his contribution to cultural society, at Park Lane Hotel in London last night.

She was smouldering hot, wearing a Burberry white chiffon gown with a jewelled accent around the waist.

Rosie added a Chopard pendant set necklace with three pear-shaped diamonds and Chopard diamond flower earrings to complement her pleated gown.

The model put her best foot forward to reveal a thigh-high split and Christian Louboutin ‘Supervic crystal’ pumps.

Thankfully her black pumps blended into the black carpet.

Sultry waves and plump red lips made this a truly stunning look.

Credit: Getty

Christopher Kane Spring 2012

Christopher Kane Spring 2012

Sidewalk Style: Drew Barrymore In McQ

Sidewalk Style: Drew Barrymore In McQ

31 Responses to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Burberry – Moet & Chandon Etoile Awards

1. Parvati September 20, 2011 at 18:06 #

Ths is a stunning look. I ‘m not crazy about the black pumps, but like you said, they blended with the black carpet, so I don’t mind them. However, I wish she had posed in a more graceful manner. She poses very often with her hands behind her back, but here, the elegance of the dress, along with the long sleeves, require a better posture.

2. justme September 20, 2011 at 18:06 #

I love everything but the make-up. It looks heavy, especially the blush. Maybe it was on purpose but I’m not a fan.

3. Lola September 20, 2011 at 18:14 #

What’s with the black pumps? She looks stunning though… personally I don’t think this particular shade of red lipschmear suits her…she is more of a berry girl me thinks!

4. Zineb September 20, 2011 at 18:15 #

We are witnessing the rise of a fashion icon

• Jones19 September 21, 2011 at 10:16 #

ITA.

5. Nat39 September 20, 2011 at 18:24 #

What I do like about this is her beautiful feminine wavy hair, and how well the necklace and the silver straps on her shoes (she should thank that black carpet for providing the perfect background, indeed) complement the gown, and the thigh-high split that shows off her long legs.
    However, the deep-plunging extremely neck-elongating neckline is a very wrong choice for her (as she has an overly long neck already) – it elongates her neck to an unnattractive “giraffe neck” degree. She should stay away from this type of neckline.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) September 20, 2011 at 19:59 #

Well of course I went back and looked, and you do raise an interesting point! Still and all she looks ravishing!

FC my view of the shoe appears to be a silver sandal. (?). Black would have pained me.

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2011 at 20:44 #

I’m seeing it only as a silver shoe too

• Jen September 21, 2011 at 06:08 #

You’re so right – also with the way she’s sticking her chin up & out – screws her proportions all up.

6. maria September 20, 2011 at 18:30 #

it’s very classic hollywood to me. I love the hair style and the styling overall.

• Elaine2 September 21, 2011 at 01:51 #

Me too. Sultry is how I would describe her in this ensemble………..

7. Mhairi September 20, 2011 at 19:16 #

BDOTY BDOTY BDOTY BDOTY!!!!!!!1

8. blake September 20, 2011 at 19:58 #

could you comment on her fellow VS angel, candice? they both arrived together!! I thought candice looked beautiful in her tom ford gown. and when they posed together, it was like staring at angels :) THANKS! LOVE YOUR WEBSITE! IT MAKES MY DAY & NIGHT <3

9. Katrin September 20, 2011 at 20:13 #

every time i see her picture, i feel the unfairness of life weighing me down. how is it fair that some people are that gorgeous? she would look humaine in a potato sack, but she always dresses nicely enough to look like a amazon sex monster from another planet.

10. eimear September 20, 2011 at 20:31 #

Shes lost a little bit too much weight, starting to look a bit drawn and tired.

11. chocolatepluscheese September 20, 2011 at 20:53 #

Smoldering indeed. She always dresses to impress.

12. TeaAtTwo September 20, 2011 at 22:36 #

Omg – those lips.

• Jackie September 21, 2011 at 05:19 #

I could have a good nights rest on them.

13. Michelle September 20, 2011 at 22:40 #

Candice Swanepoel also looked great at this event, imo. Would love to see what you have to write about it, she was in Tom Ford!

• TeaAtTwo September 21, 2011 at 00:45 #

Candice looked A-mA-zing at that event.

14. Hannah September 20, 2011 at 22:45 #

I just don;t feel that she is wearing it very well. The pose really does nothign for me at all. I also wish that the necklace wasn;t so heavy looking, that the hem was a tiny bit longer and that she had worn better makeup. Nothing in the makeup works for me, so overall I am disappointed, I expected better from her.

• Lil's September 21, 2011 at 09:22 #

my sentiment exactly!

15. Stefani September 21, 2011 at 00:12 #

I am a relatively new follower of Red Carpet, and I was wondering if you could explain what your beef with black pumps is?

I’m not sure if I’ve gone far back enough of your archive to find your explanation.

• Fashion Critic September 21, 2011 at 07:37 #

I personally don’t like them on the red carpet as they are a safe choice, in most cases they don’t work with the dress, they aren’t very inspirational and they are too formal.

• Hannah September 21, 2011 at 20:46 #

And heavy, especially with softer looks. Same as ankle boots :)

16. Jen September 21, 2011 at 06:11 #

Don’t like it. The makeup looks .. off. Like maybe the lipstick is smudged? The combo of the super low neck and the slit and the (dear god) sheer long sleeves … and then the black shoes. Adds up to too much. She’s looked amazing this year, but this is not one of her best.

17. Erini September 21, 2011 at 06:12 #

Love her, she can do no wrong for me! Do hope she doesn’t lose any more weight!

18. roxana September 21, 2011 at 06:30 #