19.09.11

Taraji P. Henson In Blumarine – 2011 Emmy Awards

Taraji P. Henson attended the 2011 Emmy Awards tonight.

As much as I love her, I couldn’t get on board with her Blumarine dress.

Between the exposed bra and the fact that this shapeless dress is doing nothing for her I find myself unimpressed.

She knows she can do better.

Fred Leighton jewels and a Judith Leiber clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Sarah Hyland In Christian Siriano - 2011 Emmy Awards

Sarah Hyland In Christian Siriano – 2011 Emmy Awards

11 Responses to Taraji P. Henson In Blumarine – 2011 Emmy Awards

1. noo September 19, 2011 at 00:46 #

this is such a mess, she needs something figure-hugging! she is not a flapper nor does she need to look like one!

2. MJ September 19, 2011 at 00:50 #

You are so right, FC.

3. Hannah September 19, 2011 at 00:56 #

I absolutely hate this look. The jewelery is nice, the makeup is nice, the clutch is fine, the makeup is pretty good, adn she is gorgeous, but hte dress is undescribably awful. I remember when she was nominated for Bejamin Button a few years back adn gave a good run on the red carpet, but this is awful. It is SO unflattering, there aren’t even words to describe it. It looks cheap and is too transparent, The fabric is jus thideous, even moreso than the dress itself. Her hair doesn’t help either, mayb ehte dress is throwing me off, but it looks really teenager circa the early oughties. Urgh, awful.

4. Linda September 19, 2011 at 02:37 #

An unusual choice. Feels a little bedroom lingerei to me with the spaghetti straps. I agree with Noo, she needs something more figure-hugging.

5. Sophie September 19, 2011 at 04:42 #

Taraji is a favorite of mine. Such a kind kindred spirit. This is disappointing on so many levels. I hat the hair and the makeup too. I want this look to be forgotten!

6. Marvel September 19, 2011 at 12:16 #

I dont like the hair. If she was Elle Fanning the hair would be fine but I just dont like the hair. Dress is okay I suppose, nothing to write home about

7. dee September 19, 2011 at 14:19 #

She looks awful.

8. kiyah September 19, 2011 at 15:18 #

Like the hair and makeup, dress could have been more figure worthy right?!

9. jasminee September 19, 2011 at 15:28 #

- it is a very nice dress i likee evrythnq about it .

10. lola September 20, 2011 at 14:40 #

the twins look saggy. and that makeup looks as if she just woke up.

11. Alina September 20, 2011 at 17:06 #

Baaaaaad and I’m really sad because it’s that bad.Usually I love her.