19.09.11

Sofia Vergara In Vera Wang – 2011 Emmy Awards

Sofia Vergara looked like the grown-up version of co-star Sarah Hyland at the 2011 Emmy Awards tonight.

The sexy actress chose a custom Vera Wang coral one shouldered crepe gown with chiffon draping and tumbled tulle for the event.

She added a pair of statement earrings with green diamond jewels, a bevy of gold Lorraine? Schwartz bracelets and Stuart Weitzman heels.

Sofia completed her look with sleek, sophisticated hair, kohl-rimmed eyes and matching coral lipstick.

It’s a beautiful dress but I’m undecided on the earrings.

I like the green colour but they do feel a bit Pat Butcher to me.

Credit: Getty

'Miu Miu Women's Tales #7 - #8' Venice Film Festival Premiere

‘Miu Miu Women’s Tales #7 – #8′ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Katie Holmes In Calvin Klein - 2011 Emmy Awards

Katie Holmes In Calvin Klein – 2011 Emmy Awards

46 Responses to Sofia Vergara In Vera Wang – 2011 Emmy Awards

1. DivaDebbi (the Blog) September 19, 2011 at 02:01 #

Love the gown and this color on Sophia. Hate the ears.

2. Hannah September 19, 2011 at 02:02 #

I adoooooore the dress, adn the pairing of green and coral (though turquoise would have been even better received :) )but the earrings do looka bit cheap to me. I think it is the fact that they are gold, or the shape or something. I wish she had gone for one of the fifty illion other pairs of emerald earrings instead, because they do let an amazing look down.

3. Linda September 19, 2011 at 02:02 #

Had to look up the Pat Butcher reference – spot on! he he

I’m not a huge fan of the mermaid silhouette, She does look nice, but I don’t find it exciting. The earrings *are* a bit Pat Butcher.

4. joe September 19, 2011 at 02:02 #

i think she looks great. she toned down her va-va-voom and wowed us with color and cut.

also, she really does look like the grown up version of sarah hyland. this is HILARIOUS, if you’ve seen the episode of modern family where Alex (ariel winter) tells gloria “you are hailey. just 30 years older.”

5. Marlie September 19, 2011 at 02:02 #

I agree not loving the earrings way OTT. The dress looks divine on her body.

6. The Dame September 19, 2011 at 02:03 #

what a beautiful woman! dont like the earrings either, look very cheap.

cant believe you havent posted kelly osborne yet!

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 02:05 #

never post Kelly Osbourne…dreadful creature.

• tweed September 19, 2011 at 02:10 #

thank you. i find her grating on the fashion police show. just because she lost weight doesn’t mean she’s stylish.

if she had lost those gold loops on her earrings and left the emerald part, this would have been perfect. i quite like this in general though.

• Sonia September 19, 2011 at 02:37 #

I don’t usually comment, but.. thank you from the bottom of my heart! :D

And what an amazing job you’ve been doing, great coverage. Thank you!

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 02:54 #

thank you.

Zarina has been working on the posts too so we can get the out quicker for you. x

• justme September 19, 2011 at 18:46 #

lmao @ dreaful creature

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 19:07 #

I couldn’t call it a person now could I?

• justme September 19, 2011 at 19:24 #

True. She’s such a mean person, like rotten to the core.

7. asherlev1 September 19, 2011 at 02:03 #

I love the earrings!

• dee September 19, 2011 at 14:10 #

So do I. They are gorgeous and she looks stunning. Easily one of the best dressed of the night.

8. From-chitown September 19, 2011 at 02:07 #

The color is great on her, and the dress does complete justice to her knock- out body. Her earrings, I thought were distracting. She didn’t need them.

9. Ollie September 19, 2011 at 02:09 #

I quite like the earrings…they’re a bold statement on a bold woman. I’m not crazy about the matchy-matchy lip color, however. Then again, Sofia Vergara is always a woman who gets a free pass from me, no matter how tight and tacky she looks on the red carpet; she’s just got so much personality, she can make anything work.

• Linda September 19, 2011 at 02:16 #

Good point about the personality.

• Barbs September 19, 2011 at 02:56 #

I agree! She seems to have a great personality! She’s always laughing! I adore the dress! Her curves look outstanding in it! The earrings, as you say are a bold statement. The lipstick could be in another colour but, in a way, it works! For me she looks fantastic!

10. CreoleLady September 19, 2011 at 02:12 #

Swoon. The color is spectacular. I like the green of the earrings, just not the size. The cuff was unnecessary as well. That dress is so superbly fitted, so utterly flattering, that it didn’t need anything at all other than a beautiful up-do and smaller earrings.

11. María September 19, 2011 at 02:12 #

She’s my favourite.
    And it’s refreshing not seeing her on a Carolina Herrera’s strappless dress

12. Fer September 19, 2011 at 02:13 #

Oh… i don’t know if i am watching other pictures, but… with that dress, that fit, that posture, that makeup, that hair… i find her perfect!, she looks amazing and that color really complements her skin tone, she looks radiant. And reaaally hot.

13. Tahj September 19, 2011 at 02:17 #

This is the best she’s ever looked! She looks perfect. She has such an amazing hourglass body, which is so hard to dress in fashionable couture clothes without looking cheap. She looks classy and sexy and stylish at once.

Would love a post of Martha Plimpton, who I thought looked so beautiful tonight in her red dress.

• Rebecca Z September 19, 2011 at 04:57 #

+1 on your appreciation of this gorgeous woman in this utterly beautiful dress, and your comment about wanting to see Martha Plimpton–her dress was rockin!

14. TeaAtTwo September 19, 2011 at 02:17 #

The earring would be a lot nicer with just the green diamond part.

15. Dee September 19, 2011 at 02:18 #

I agree, gorgeous dress and makeup but the earrings are a bit off.

16. Anissa September 19, 2011 at 02:18 #

Wow she looks amazing! There is something bothering me about the look though…and I think it’s the hair, though I can’t quite put my finger on it. Is it the color (lighter?) or is it too flat? Not quite sure.

17. james September 19, 2011 at 02:18 #

The earrings are gorgeous. They are from Colombia and so is she. She loves everything about her dress and her jewelry, so thats the most important thing.

18. Shortcinema September 19, 2011 at 02:46 #

I loved the earrings. It was a bit of bam in a lovely monochromatic palette

ADORED the dress, cut and color. Everything. She looks fabulous.

19. Fiona September 19, 2011 at 03:14 #

Love the coral and emerald colours, but definitely Pat Butcher territory on the earrings, which is tragic as I assume they are worth millions. I love the dress the way it is draped and fits her so beautifully without over-emphasising her cleavage. Hair, makeup flawless, and as always her personality shines the brightest which is the best thing – take note Leah Michelle.

20. doc September 19, 2011 at 04:39 #

She looks a little like peaches and cream barbie, but I like it. I don’t usually like her get ups because I think her breasts look out of proportion to the rest of her most of the time. In this outfit, all of her curves are being showcased. I love the earrings. It would be different if she had worn them to an inappropriate event. But, it’s an awards show. Go big or go home.

21. D September 19, 2011 at 09:14 #

so amazing!! love the earings! BDOTW

22. Armaghan September 19, 2011 at 09:16 #

I think the Earings are fine there,But those golden Bangles had to go.

• Nicole September 19, 2011 at 15:37 #

Thank You!!! It took me a while to figure out what was off about the look, but its the fact that the bangles do not go. Also from far away the earrings look silverish and look as though they are clashing with the gold bangles. Dress is gorge though

23. Lucía September 19, 2011 at 10:03 #

The earrings are a bit too much in my opinion

24. Jones19 September 19, 2011 at 11:16 #

The earrings are a bit gaudy but I love that gown on her.

25. couturecoco September 19, 2011 at 11:58 #

Usually I cannot fault Vera Wang but here, the woman just looks Beauty Pageant to me.

26. Marvel September 19, 2011 at 12:05 #

The earrings are a nice touch and the dress is Fab. I do wish she would do something with her hair 90% of the time she leaves it loose, I do wish she would put in a bun once in a while

27. goldfish September 19, 2011 at 13:14 #

va va voom the dress really fits her personality.. i think she looks great, the earrings doesn’t really bother me

28. Courteney September 19, 2011 at 14:54 #

I love everything about this look. I love the jewelry as well.

29. DivaMom September 19, 2011 at 15:36 #

Amazeballs! Best look from the Emmys, I think!

30. Alina September 19, 2011 at 18:09 #

I hate her makeup and the earrings.

31. beadingchef September 19, 2011 at 22:14 #

I had to go look up who Pat Butcher was so I could understand the comment. I liked the earrings, I make big earring although I have never been able to afford to use emeralds like these, I like the whole look, someone commented that she is a bold woman and I thought …spot on.

32. Sue Jin September 20, 2011 at 06:46 #

The gown is perfection on her. It fits and hugs every curve she has beautifully! I do not like the earrings too big and distracting.

33. tatiana December 21, 2011 at 21:12 #

where can i buy the dress i love it……