19.09.11

Lea Michele In Marchesa – 2011 Emmy Awards

Lea Michele was on trend with her red gown on the red carpet at the 2011 Emmy Awards tonight.

She wore a very de ja vu Marchesa gown with a cowl back and rosette details on the shoulders.

In the pictures her hair looks good, but it looked kinda greasy on TV.

Lea wore a Lorraine? Schwartz large cocktail ring and opted for red Roger Vivier pumps.

I know this has nothing to do with fashion but I was very turned off by Lea in her interview.

You would think she was the only person on ‘Glee’ by the way she was talking, ‘My writers, my this and my that.’

Geez wind your neck in girl.

Credit: Getty

Christina Hendricks In Johanna Johnson - 2011 Emmy Awards

Christina Hendricks In Johanna Johnson – 2011 Emmy Awards

Taraji P. Henson In Blumarine - 2011 Emmy Awards

Taraji P. Henson In Blumarine – 2011 Emmy Awards

62 Responses to Lea Michele In Marchesa – 2011 Emmy Awards

1. Sonia September 19, 2011 at 00:17 #

I agree with what you said about being turned off by Lea. She has really let this all go to her head. Just because she’s the main character does not mean she’s the most important character and she always acts like that in interviews.

She does look gorgeous though, I’ll give her that :)

2. asherlev1 September 19, 2011 at 00:19 #

I used to love her and her character in Glee, but I’ve grown increasingly disenchanted with both.

3. molly September 19, 2011 at 00:20 #

She looks good, but I really want to see a color other than red. All of the girls look the same by now.

• noo September 19, 2011 at 00:29 #

juliana rancic and nancy o’dell are also wearing red dreses with trains (doesn’t matter, nina still beats them)

• molly September 19, 2011 at 00:39 #

Like I said, they all look the same.

• noo September 19, 2011 at 01:09 #

well the girls in white are just starting to show up, aubrey plaza and julianna marguiles to nama a couple :D i am preying for a yellow dress!

4. Amber September 19, 2011 at 00:21 #

She just doesn’t have the height to pull off this dress. It makes her look incredibly stumpy. It looks better in photos than it does on tv. 2 thumbs down from me.

5. Hannah September 19, 2011 at 00:24 #

She’s just a diva and it kinda ruins everything about her for me and this dress is giving me deja vu? Has their been a white dress like this on the red carpet recently?

6. Laura September 19, 2011 at 00:25 #

I really like the dress, but I feel like a neckline like that calls for an updo. And the way her hair’s done now isn’t right at all. I do love the back of the dress.

7. taksi September 19, 2011 at 00:25 #

where are u guys watching this? my local fox station is playing football :(

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 00:36 #

E!

8. Alla September 19, 2011 at 00:27 #

All the details on that dress are literally drowning her, it would have worked better on a more taller and statuesque person. I wouldn’t have known those were meant to be rosettes on her shoulder had you not pointed it out.

9. The Dame September 19, 2011 at 00:27 #

she looks fantastic! we have the exact same hair and I love this dress!

10. Hannah September 19, 2011 at 00:28 #

This is really dull, the worst so far this evening. It isn’t at all glamorous in my opinion, mostly because of the hair. It just looks messy and greasy, not at all sleek. It also completely juxtaposes what is a super dull marchesa gown. They do such beautiful clothes but this is just not one of them. She isn’t even posing very well in it, it dwarfs her completely.
    I agree so much about Lea, she is so anoying in interviews, with her whole ‘holier than thou’ attitude. Trust me, it’s worse when she wears oscar de la renta, like her head got even bigger.

• MEME September 19, 2011 at 06:42 #

LMFAO!!!!… I missed her interview… but those poses she overdoses on are ridiculous…. I was laughing….. I liked the dress…. but them poses…. my GOD!!!…. She was over doin’ it…. lol….

11. noo September 19, 2011 at 00:30 #

i hate her posing by now, it ruins her dresses for me (i am not familiar with glee or lea’s attitude, i just think she’s trying to smize)

• MEME September 19, 2011 at 06:43 #

THANK YOU!!!….

12. Hermoine September 19, 2011 at 00:30 #

This leaves me unimpressed. It doesn’t look like it fits on top.

13. Tamia September 19, 2011 at 00:33 #

Too casual for me she should have swapped this with the J.Mendel dress she wore to that low key event the other week and worn the J.Mendel dress tonight!btw FC, I was just recaping your outfits over NYFW and u look just amazing, so stunning x

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 00:35 #

14. Tahj September 19, 2011 at 00:34 #

A lot of people are turned off by her. She takes herself so seriously. That’s why I’m glad that girl from Modern Family made fun of her ridiculous posing. Get over yourself girl. You are not all that.

• Sonia September 19, 2011 at 00:51 #

I agree completely! Lea acts so overly dramatic on the red carpet and I think it was hilarious of Sarah Hyland to imitate her like that. And now Sarah is being viciously attacked by psycho Lea fans on Twitter and it was like “But she’s telling the truth. Lea looks weird on the red carpet!” lol

• Sue Jin September 20, 2011 at 06:42 #

lol I saw that too! she does this pose to make her collar bones stick out. she said something like that lol

I love the dress but I hate her hair.

15. rebecca o September 19, 2011 at 00:35 #

She looks more subtle than usual. This doesn’t really do much for me either way.

16. Emmeline September 19, 2011 at 00:35 #

Not a fan of this look at all and a lot of that probably is due to Lea herself. She tries so hard to be adorable, but you can really see her ego shining through in everything she said. Also, I saw video of her posing and she looked ridiculous.

17. justme September 19, 2011 at 00:37 #

She comes off as a diva which is funny because her claim to fame is freaking Glee, come on lol.
    Anyway, the dress overwhelms her but I do like the bangs.

18. Paulo September 19, 2011 at 00:39 #

I agree, unfortunately a lot of Marchesa dresses are really just starting to all look like the same thing.

• Marvel September 19, 2011 at 12:18 #

I so agree. All Marchesa dresses are starting to roll into one. I was prepared to like this look but too similar to past dresses. I will say that it looked better on TV than it does in the pics

19. T from Sydney September 19, 2011 at 00:41 #

FC i dont know how you are doing this coming back from NY fashion week and now london while blogging at the Emmys!!!!

*bows down to you*

i think this is the worst red dress on the carpet. Lea always needs room for her ego.

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 00:43 #

Lots of coffee… ;)

20. Anna September 19, 2011 at 00:44 #

This is a very uninspiring look. I may be crazy, but I also think her nose looks different.

21. Dylan September 19, 2011 at 01:07 #

This dress overwhelms her kinda like her nose does her face.

• Ollie September 19, 2011 at 01:33 #

Excuse me, Dylan, but that’s totally unnecessary. There’s enough going wrong with this outfit at it is, there’s no reason to bag on the girl’s bone structure. Is Lea Michelle completely ridiculous? Yes. Is this dress overwhelming her? Yes. Was her hairstyle a poor choice? Yes. Is it right for you to insult her for having atypical features? Absolutely not.

• Samantha September 19, 2011 at 01:42 #

Amen. She can’t help the way her nose looks and critiquing the dress has nothing to do with that.

22. rebecca o September 19, 2011 at 01:48 #

And she’s wearing shoes that don’t fit her again.

23. Fer September 19, 2011 at 02:08 #

I really find the dress gorgeous itself, and the accessorizing is good, but Lea one thing that for me she always has is that her hair and makeup always complement her look, and in this look loose hair looks like if she just was in a hurry and said “Hell!, whatever.” and jumped in the car and well… stupid story. ahahahaha, But she looks pretty enough for me.

24. TeaAtTwo September 19, 2011 at 02:26 #

I think Lea’s annoying personality makes me biased towards disliking her looks on the red carpet.

25. Bah September 19, 2011 at 03:00 #

Have always hated that girl..she looked like she got her head stuck in her arse and true enough

26. erica September 19, 2011 at 03:06 #

just watched her interview… all she said was she loved “her writers and her cast.” i don’t think she’s being self centered at all. i think she looks incredible! its crazy that were all sitting her tearing apart her looks based on things we think we know about her personality…

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 03:18 #

Sorry, but you need to rewind the interview…I cringed all the way through it.

Her ego is OUT of control. It was horrible to watch and I still feel uncomfortable thinking about it.

• Jackson September 19, 2011 at 19:49 #

I’m not sure what you watched, but you are seriously over-exaggerating. She was enthusiastic, and most TV actors refer to their co-stars and shows as “theirs,” because they are. It’s the same way you would refer to “your” workplace or “your” co-workers.

• NinaDK September 19, 2011 at 19:03 #

I agree, I just watched it again and it didn’t seem like she was being self centered, she was just telling Ryan how much she loves her job..

27. tweed September 19, 2011 at 03:07 #

i know heidi klum has worn a lot of red, but she should’ve swapped dresses with lea. the siriano would suit lea’s dramatic personality and heidi obviously can pull off this marchesa.

i do like that she didn’t pull her hair back or into a bun.

28. Christina September 19, 2011 at 03:10 #

All these ‘hate’ comments are ridiculous.

Oh well…
    I’m not fond of this dress on her.
    … That all. Next.

29. erica September 19, 2011 at 03:30 #

when you meet her yourself let me know

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 03:35 #

I met her at Jason Wu’s Spring 2012 show just last week and my opinion of her remains the same.

• Tamia September 19, 2011 at 22:04 #

Haha, Erica just got p’wned!um,everyone who says FC is over-exaggerating,um it’s called an opinion!she is allowed to have one just as much as you are. I actually agree with you FC it’s the way she said ‘my cast and crew’wasn’t inclusive it was all about ‘me,me,me’

30. Jen September 19, 2011 at 04:54 #

The dress is overwhelming her – she’s just too petite for all the shoulder detailing. And, well, her posing is awkward. There’s so much try that it’s hard to get an idea of the whole package.

31. Manuel September 19, 2011 at 06:10 #

Oh poor little girl feeding her ego. Its so sad.. The good things is if she contiues the ego diva road her career will be short cause there are tons of talented young beautiful singers in America to replace her. And snap she is so February 2010. Adiou ;)

• Kaz September 19, 2011 at 11:02 #

LOL @ Feb 2010!!

I have never watched Glee and all these comments sure don’t make me want to start.

32. robbie September 19, 2011 at 09:02 #

cant stand lea, so personally i will be cheering when her character gets kicked off the show. i wonder if her character was written specifically for her since her character seems to think she is the only “good” one.

as for her dress. it is a mess from the waist up, plus LEA ENOUGH OF THE SEXY FACE!

33. D September 19, 2011 at 09:16 #

stunning!

34. Emi September 19, 2011 at 10:08 #

Gorgeous dress but I don’t like the hair. Considering the back of the dress wearing it up would have been better.

35. Jones19 September 19, 2011 at 11:34 #

I wish the dress was a little more fitted but overall I like this look.

36. dee September 19, 2011 at 14:21 #

I don’t like this on her.

37. Julie September 19, 2011 at 15:33 #

I can’t get past the distracting epaulets.

38. Livia September 19, 2011 at 18:08 #

Lea is very close to the cast and crew. She always says it’s like her second family. She always refers to them as “my boys”, “my girls” or “my ladies”

39. Joe September 19, 2011 at 19:39 #

I was a huge fan of her when glee first started but you are probably right, her public personality seems very annoying and fake. But girl can really sing and act, so at least she has talent, without it it would be even worse. Anyway love the dress hate the hair.

40. Emily September 19, 2011 at 22:16 #

I’d have liked to see her hair in an updo so it isn’t hiding the cowl detail. Also am I the only person that wishes she’d grow out her fringe/bangs??

41. lola September 20, 2011 at 14:45 #

this is just so unflattering. please i’m begging you to grow out that awful bang. this is my personal worst dressed of the night.

42. Alina September 20, 2011 at 17:09 #

Imagine this dress on Cate Blanchett.

43. Lou September 20, 2011 at 20:46 #

Is the dress slightly too big for her?