Kate Winslet In Elie Saab – 2011 Emmy Awards

Red was a hot colour on the red carpet tonight at the 2011 Emmy Awards tonight.

It didn’t come much hotter than Kate Winslet in Elie Saab.

The British star wore a Resort 2012 red cap-sleeve v-neck cap sleeve gown which does wonders for her gorgeous figure.

A gold clutch and silver jewels accessorized her look.

I love the wavy updo which allows her to showcase her diamond encrusted earrings.

So many stars who wore a red dress opted for a red lip colour, so I’m glad Kate stood out as she opted for coral.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Charlie’s Angels Stars @ The 2011 Emmy Awards

Charlie’s Angels Stars @ The 2011 Emmy Awards

38 Responses to Kate Winslet In Elie Saab – 2011 Emmy Awards

1. DivaDebbi (the Blog) September 19, 2011 at 04:23 #

She looked spectacular on camera. The stills I’ve seen are not doing her justice.

2. bazinga September 19, 2011 at 04:27 #

she can do no wrong..all hail the queen of all Kates!

3. JacobGH September 19, 2011 at 04:28 #

Simple and beautiful. So glad she won tonight.

4. MJ September 19, 2011 at 04:31 #

We’ve seen so many gorgeous looks tonight, but she could be my best dressed.

5. Sophie September 19, 2011 at 04:36 #

In comparison to the abosolute wins that she has been wearing both in fit style and accessorizing I found this look tobbe absolutely lack luster! As much as I adore and perhaps even idolize this woman on some level her acceptance speech and behavior just prior was incredibly off putting. She does this constantly upon winning and it’s beneath her as a capable actress and as a celebrity of her caliber.

There was a time when I just knew her tits would pop out.

6. Giuseppi Giraffe September 19, 2011 at 04:36 #

Beautiful dress, I normally like Kate Winslet’s style, but this just comes across as chubby to me :|

7. bec September 19, 2011 at 04:40 #

Nice…but I feel like I have seen her in this dress before??

• Fiona September 19, 2011 at 05:08 #

I agree – she seems to be on a wave of this style of dress (I actually thought it was a Victoria Beckham design at first as it is similar to one she wore in Venice). I prefer the dress on the model (I realise she is much taller etc) but the dress hangs rather than clings as it does to Kate.

• Mahima September 19, 2011 at 12:23 #

Didn’t she wear a blue dress that was very similar? She’s always wearing black or a very similar cut of a dress. Boring to me.

• Jones19 September 19, 2011 at 10:59 #

I feel like I’ve seen her in this about 10 times before, she knows how to dress her gorgeous figure but this this getting repetitive.

• Hannah September 19, 2011 at 18:52 #

Exactly, she never really wows me anymore, she always looks stunning, but that is it, and she could so easily do better. I feel like I am waiting for somethign amazing to happen, and it never really does.

• Tahj September 20, 2011 at 00:25 #

She knows what works for her, she’s a true star so she doesn’t need to try hard. I like that. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. She’s not Olivia Palermo or Diane Kruger who want to be seen in the latest, edgiest couture and will show up everywhere.

8. Armaghan September 19, 2011 at 04:41 #

This Lady Is Pure Elegance.

9. Carmen September 19, 2011 at 04:46 #

Gorgeous as always¡
    Bravo Kate¡

10. Rebecca Z September 19, 2011 at 05:12 #

Fab-u-lous. She looks stunning. Love the color, the fit and the earrings.

11. Stephanie September 19, 2011 at 07:05 #

I’ve LOVED your coverage of the fashion at the Emmys; it’s amazing. I follow you on Twitter and keep seeing a new post about what fashion we just saw come up; you’re amazing! I’m an avid follower of yours, so keep it up! I love it! :)

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 08:35 #

12. Aaaahh September 19, 2011 at 07:24 #

So gorgeous even though she wore almost this exact look in blue at the Sags a couple years back its still beautiful

13. tweed September 19, 2011 at 09:19 #

i love the addition of the clutch. i just wish she’d go for something more romantic and try a softer look. her recent choices are a tad restricting.

14. Emi September 19, 2011 at 09:54 #

Beautiful dress, but I don’t like the fit, it’s too tight. I don’t know why she keeps on wearing too tight dresses, which are not very flattering on her. So, I don’t like this.

• Jen September 19, 2011 at 12:19 #

Agree. I want her to go up a size.

• Elaine2 September 19, 2011 at 13:40 #

I agree – this is too tight.
      The runway version looks classier.

15. Nicola September 19, 2011 at 10:03 #

Wow, what a well dressed event this has been! It’s going to be tough to pick a Best Dressed!

16. couturecoco September 19, 2011 at 10:30 #

Ah love how it hugs her beautiful curves and the colour! The only thing is who told her NOT to wear the belt – that’s essential! A thin jewel encrusted one would be my ideal.

17. Pèrè Lenière September 19, 2011 at 11:27 #

A. I would have liked it more if they(charlie’s angels) wore a similar dress in different colours(my view) or just something thats related
    B. FC please get kelly osbourne’s photo.elegance personified.

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 13:23 #

Kelly O?..Elegance personified?…sorry I strongly disagree…she will never be featured in this site sorry

18. Marvel September 19, 2011 at 11:53 #

Loving the look but a bit reminiscent of her Narciso Rodriguez Sag Awards 2009 Dress.

19. TeaAtTwo September 19, 2011 at 12:57 #

I’m bored by this look.

20. Garret September 19, 2011 at 14:16 #

Did nothing for her in my opinion, caught her waist at a wrong spot and made it look very tight and unflattering.

Not to mention it’s so bland, almost as bad as Katie Holmes. I mean to wear red on a red carpet, in my opinion the outfit must be wow. This is a Xanax compared to Nina Dobrev’s. That was red and captivating.

21. Linda September 19, 2011 at 14:33 #

She looks really, really good. A knock out.

22. fromchi-town September 19, 2011 at 14:36 #

She was glowing on TV. She looked an absolute knock-out. And I loved her hair, she usually does something very severe with her hair, which makes her look very serious. But yesterday her hair was fabulous.

This turned out to be such a great red-carpet FC, I did not expect it to be. I am sure you enjoyed it as well. I am so addicted to your site, as soon as the red carpet on E! was done, I logged on to your site to read your commentary. You are just spectacular FC – NY Fashion week, then this – your coverage was totally great. Thanks much.

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 14:46 #

yes very good red carpet for a change

23. Moxie September 19, 2011 at 14:53 #

Simple, beautiful and elegant.

• Alina September 19, 2011 at 16:24 #

I agree. She looks great.

24. Courteney September 19, 2011 at 15:09 #

I love this look on her. It has a Victoria Beckham vibe to it too.

25. beadingchef September 19, 2011 at 21:50 #

I love Kate, but I thought this was the wrong shade of red for her skin tone, for me it made her look a tad harsh and I was not thrilled with the fit.

26. Tahj September 20, 2011 at 00:23 #

She looked so beautiful when they showed her at the Emmys. There are so many girls showing up on every red carpet nowadays just to be seen while Kate Winslet is known for her talent, not her fashion. I respect that. And she knows that the real true stars don’t have to try so hard. Simple elegance.

27. Shauni212 September 21, 2011 at 22:44 #

Kate is one of my favorites and she has amazing body confidence which I just adore :)