19.09.11

Julianna Margulies In Armani Privé – 2011 Emmy Awards

We let out two cheers when we saw Julianna Margulies gliding down the red carpet at the 2011 Emmy Awards tonight.

One for her not wearing Narciso Rodriguez and two for her not wearing black.

The actress wore an Armani Privé white, luminous silk gown.

Her dress features a structured crescent-shaped bustier, embellished with dramatic, transparent oval stones, iridescent paillettes, and a high back slit.

Julianna accessorized with white strappy peep-toe heels and diamond earrings.

She completed her look with Old Hollywood style curls and the focus of her makeup on her eyes.

The dress is gorgeous and I love that she kept things simple with her accessories.

This is a classic, beautiful look.

Credit: Getty

Kaley Cuoco In Romona Keveza - 2011 Emmy Awards

Kaley Cuoco In Romona Keveza – 2011 Emmy Awards

Julie Bowen In Oscar de la Renta - 2011 Emmy Awards

Julie Bowen In Oscar de la Renta – 2011 Emmy Awards

33 Responses to Julianna Margulies In Armani Privé – 2011 Emmy Awards

1. Dee September 19, 2011 at 03:24 #

Ugh…I do not like this dress at all. So sad because she is so beautiful.

• Elaine2 September 19, 2011 at 13:47 #

I immediately hated this dress when i saw her on the red carpet. That bodice is oddly shaped and reminded me of some sort of “crumb catcher” from Star Trek or something…… LOL

2. Moxie September 19, 2011 at 03:28 #

I was hoping you would post this dress. This is such a dramatic look. I thought of you when I saw it on E! The top looks uncomfortable, though.

• noo September 19, 2011 at 13:05 #

and the bottom, she couldn’t get up the stairs to accept her award!

3. Sophie September 19, 2011 at 03:29 #

oh my! if Disney got into high fashion and did a ‘swiss cheese’ dress. A dress only a cartoon mouse could love.

4. JacobGH September 19, 2011 at 03:30 #

Julianna is gorgeous but I’m not a fan of this dress at all

5. Fiona September 19, 2011 at 03:30 #

I am not a fan of these severely structured bodices, they are unflattering on most people. I like that she wore something other than black at last, but the dress was too long for her she must have had to kick it forward to walk all night. Her hair was a bit off too, her hair is amazing and it looked stiff and a bit old-fashioned to me. Sorry Julianna because I love your work.

• DivaDebbi (the Blog) September 19, 2011 at 03:46 #

@Fiona,
      You took the words right out of my mouth!

• june September 19, 2011 at 04:51 #

+ 1

• noo September 19, 2011 at 13:06 #

fiona you said it best :D

• maria September 19, 2011 at 17:48 #

i also agree. It looks better from the front, if you see the sideview, the top of the top is very far from the chest, it sticks out and looks weird and uncomfortable.

6. Tahj September 19, 2011 at 03:31 #

I love armani always, but he’s been going for this futuristic look lately that doesn’t always work on the red carpet when these stars wear it.

7. Anissa September 19, 2011 at 03:43 #

I do like this dress on her, but it definitely reminds me of those fake (glue) water droplets on silk flowers :)

8. Vicky September 19, 2011 at 03:46 #

My boyfriend said, “She looks like she’s wearing a party glass. Someone should be drinking wine out of her.”

9. Linda September 19, 2011 at 03:57 #

I think this dress would look better on a taller person, maybe Cate Blanchett. It just looks ill fitting on Julianna and her hair isn’t to my liking either.

10. Dhppy September 19, 2011 at 05:02 #

I immediately thought “shower curtain”. Complete with water drops.

11. Lance September 19, 2011 at 05:02 #

I thought this was by far one of the worst looks of the night. The dress is absolutely hideous. It looks like someone super glued giant marbles to the bodice, and the bottom was too long. The hair and make-up are horrendous as well. I thought she looked just awful!

12. Rebecca Z September 19, 2011 at 05:08 #

Like the dress–not so much the hair–I miss the Carol Hathaway hair. But, she has a lot of class.

13. slashdot September 19, 2011 at 06:02 #

I wouldn’t normally like the dress, but there’s something about Julianna that makes it impossible for me not to. She’s a gorgeous woman!

14. ash September 19, 2011 at 06:10 #

When Iwas watching E! Live on the Red Carpet and saw this dress, I Immediately thought that it was a Armani couture knock off, the top looks like those white foams you wrap around fragile pieces and those tacky crystals looked like it was right out of a child`s plastic tiaras with a huge crystal in the middle just like this..

15. QTB September 19, 2011 at 06:36 #

her eyebrows and hair are too black…..she should soften her hair color slightly it would look less harsh cause she is pretty pale

16. Jones19 September 19, 2011 at 11:04 #

I may be one of the few that actually like this look. It’s interesting and different and Julianna looks gorgeous.

17. Marvel September 19, 2011 at 11:56 #

A good look but the hair is a bit sloppy and I think the bodice isnt tight enough. On E! Red Carpet, everytime she bent down I thought her twins were going to pop out

18. Courteney September 19, 2011 at 14:33 #

There’s something about this dress that I like. She looks great in my book!

19. fromchi-town September 19, 2011 at 14:44 #

The dress is nice, and it looked nice on her – but it was the hair that spoiled it for me.

20. Lori September 19, 2011 at 15:10 #

JM is one of my favourites and I love The Good Wife but this is oh so bad. The dress is odd and her hair is odd and it’s odd that she could get it so wrong because Julianna is so gorgeous.

21. DivaMom September 19, 2011 at 15:25 #

Hair slicked back in a pony, fresher make up, and then look would have been a thrill ride. Just looks meh… although the white is so stand-out and attention grabbing.

22. Alina September 19, 2011 at 16:47 #

I think the dress is great and has a futuristic vibe but the hair is just wrong with it.

23. Hannah September 19, 2011 at 18:59 #

I always find that Armani Rpvie custom designs are such let downs, because I don’t really see why they happen, since th erunway dresses are gorgeous. For example katy perry’s prive witht he wings at the grammy’s looked cheap frankly, and this doesn’t look much better. Her hair and makeup si divine, which is such a relief because on the show the makeup artists sem to make her look like a frigid librarian from the nineties, too much eye brow, look much khol, too dark lips.

24. beadingchef September 19, 2011 at 21:58 #

I like that she stepped outside of the box, but I thought that the gown was a miss and that her hair was a disaster. I love her and think she is a beautiful woman.

25. micheline September 19, 2011 at 22:33 #

I think this dress is ghastly. Especially those cheap-looking plastic globs glued onto the bodice.