19.09.11

“Glee” Cast Roundup – 2011 Emmy Awards

The rest of the “Glee” cast were also in attendance at the 2011 Emmy Awards last night.

Amber Riley: Amber chose a lavender Simin Taghdiri dress with pleating along the bodice and beautiful diamond shoulder straps. She kept her De Deers jewelry to a minimum since the dress already has so much sparkle, by adding only a pair of diamond studs and a diamond ring. The dress is beautiful on her and I think her hair and makeup are flawless. Calvin Klein shoes completed her look.

Naya Rivera: Naya looked stunning in a chic black Lloyd Klein gown with a cinched waist and detailing on the bodice. The actress styled her hair in a sophisticated updo and added smoky eyes and light pink lips to her look. She wore Tiffany & Co. jewelry for the finishing touches. Her look was my favourite out of the “Glee” cast.

Heather Morris: Unfortunately Heather’s ensemble was my least favourite out of the “Glee” girls. She wore a very eccentric Masai Payan purple and navy ruffled gown with a deep V-neck. She added gold Simon G diamond earrings to her gown but they weren’t able to save ‘Prom gone bad’ look. I like her makeup which included beautiful eye-shadow and pink lipstick and I think her hair is nice too but the gown is a definite no-no.

Jenna Ushkowitz: Jenna picked a Ghadah Paris black and white strapless dress for the red carpet. Her dress features an asymmetrical neckline and is cinched at the waist. The actress accessorized with a strawberry crocodile Judith Leiber ‘Soft Sided Rectangle’ minaudière and black satin Casadei peep-toe platforms. She added the most interesting jewelry out of all the “Glee” girls with her coral and white stone drop earrings and matching coral ring. Her gown isn’t to my taste but it works for Jenna, the only thing spoiling it is her high slicked back ponytail and overdone eye makeup.

Credit: Getty

Richard Nicoll Spring 2012

Richard Nicoll Spring 2012

Red Carpet Emmy's Trend - Ladies In Red

Red Carpet Emmy’s Trend – Ladies In Red

24 Responses to “Glee” Cast Roundup – 2011 Emmy Awards

1. sweetjess98 September 19, 2011 at 19:29 #

Amber looks great! I like Heather’s dress, it’s her hair that i don’t like, it’s too high.

2. nyfashionista September 19, 2011 at 19:48 #

Naya Rivera my favorite. The simplicity is c’est magnifique

• monica September 20, 2011 at 22:55 #

Naya LOOKS AMAZING IN THE LLOYD KLEIN DRESS

3. Moxie September 19, 2011 at 19:51 #

Amber — LOVE. One of my favorites of the night.
    Naya — Beautiful and elegant.
    Heather — I had the reverse reaction. I like the dress, but the hair looks like prom gone bad.
    Jenna — Nice, but not memorable.

• maria September 19, 2011 at 21:43 #

i totally agree with your opinions. I was very surprised at Naya’s elegant look.

And i cannot help by like Heather’s dress. There is something funky about it. I wish she would have had different hair.

• Jones19 September 20, 2011 at 12:40 #

Completely agreed. Heather’s hair is bad but I like the dress. Jenna’s makeup is horrific, too much blush and too heavy eye make up.

4. robbie September 19, 2011 at 20:00 #

amber is the only one who looks good.

heather looks like she got either dressed in the dark, or was dressed by a drag queen.

5. Edson September 19, 2011 at 20:03 #

Naya looks great of all the glee girls she was my favourite.

6. DivaDebbi (blog) September 19, 2011 at 20:20 #

Naya. The rest were some of the worst of the night IMO.

7. Sonia September 19, 2011 at 20:50 #

I actually loved Jenna’s hair. Its nice when celebrities try something different than the messy bun updo or just leaving their hair out. I think the high slicked ponytail looks chic and totally works for Jenna.

8. Rebecca Z September 19, 2011 at 21:00 #

Gotta go with the girls in black. Sadly, Heather got the worst of it–really frightening hair. Amber looks pretty, but the gown is only okay.

9. tweed September 19, 2011 at 21:12 #

a simple ponytail would have suited jenna’s look better. high drama isn’t necessary with that dramatic dress (especially the upper part), makeup and the earrings.

naya rivera looks sophisticated albeit a bit older. but i’ll take that over her other choices in the past.

10. molly September 19, 2011 at 22:00 #

Naya for the win! Its not like she can do much worse after last years prom bomb, but she looks amazing. I really love the color of Heathers dress, but I just wish it were strapless. It would have been a lot better like that. Amber looks her best ever and I love her hair like that. Jenna is the worst of them all.

11. Marybeth September 19, 2011 at 22:22 #

I love Amber’s dress. It defines her waist and accentuates her curves so well, without being the least bit trashy. Beautiful color on her too.
    Naya looks so sharp and elegant! Sooooo chic!
    Jenna looks okay.

Heather’s stylist should know that a super-high, narrow hairdo does not look good with a very low v-neck, particularly when the woman has a nice long neck. The proportions are all wrong.

12. Hannah September 19, 2011 at 23:40 #

I ADORED Amber ad Naya’s looks. Amber has ever looked so radiant, there has been some seriously great hair and makeup on this red carpet, I am super impressed! Funnily enough aya isi wearing exactly what I was expecting Juliana Marguiles to wear.

13. Tahj September 20, 2011 at 00:16 #

I too love Naya’s look. Now that’s how you wear a black gown.

14. Chanel September 20, 2011 at 14:59 #

I think the reason of why heather ‘s look is so weird, is the grown do not suite her body type, right?

15. Colleen September 20, 2011 at 15:32 #

That color looks amazing on Amber. Naya looks beautiful, but Heather was the best of this group for me…there is just something about her dress that I love. Am I the only one that noticed that she has an earring missing?

16. Lils September 20, 2011 at 16:11 #

Amber looks fantastic she was the best of the group followed by Naya

17. Alina September 20, 2011 at 16:56 #

Amber is my favourite.

18. Sonia cole September 20, 2011 at 22:57 #

Naya Rivera in Lloyd Klein is the BEST DRESSED OF THE EMMY AWARDS ! Wooooooow what a chic look

19. Sasha September 20, 2011 at 23:00 #

Naya Naya Naya !
    Lloyd Klein Lloyd Klein Lloyd Klein the King of chic
    We love them ! That s Fashion … Now we re talking
    The others looked like cup cakes looooool

20. Jane September 21, 2011 at 20:11 #

I loved Naya in her elegant look ! I need that Lloyd Klein gown !

21. Milla Jones September 21, 2011 at 20:16 #

Good job Naya ! Great choice i m in with love your designer !