19.09.11

Elisabeth Moss In Marchesa – 2011 Emmy Awards

Elisabeth Moss hit the red carpet at the 2011 Emmy Awards tonight.

The actress chose a Marchesa nude and gold embroidered long sleeve illusion gown.

Elisabeth added Christian Louboutin ‘Anna’ heels, a blush Judith Leiber ‘Monica’ clutch and sparkling Lorraine? Schwartz jewelry including decorative diamond earrings and a statement diamond cocktail ring to her look.

Curled hair and pink blush provided the finishing touches.

Many of you will be unhappy to see the ‘Mad Men’ star revert back to her love of nude-coloured ensembles.

It’s a beautiful gown but her matronly hair and lack of inspiring accessories are spoiling this look for me.

Credit: Getty

Gretchen Mol In L'Wren Scott - 2011 Emmy Awards

Gretchen Mol In L’Wren Scott – 2011 Emmy Awards

Heidi Klum In Christian Siriano - 2011 Emmy Awards

Heidi Klum In Christian Siriano – 2011 Emmy Awards

34 Responses to Elisabeth Moss In Marchesa – 2011 Emmy Awards

1. Juliana September 19, 2011 at 02:35 #

Red lips and no tanning lines would be a great improvement.

2. Laura September 19, 2011 at 02:35 #

But wait, I thought Lea Michele was the only star Marchesa was going to dress tonight? You mean Kelly Osbourne doesn’t know everything? The horror!!!!

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 02:55 #

This is why I put Kelly on MUTE

• molly September 19, 2011 at 02:58 #

Now you can only laugh at the fact that they didnt want to dress Kelly, so to spare here feelings, they just said they were dressing one person. :/

3. Moxie September 19, 2011 at 02:36 #

Couldn’t agree more, FC. Beautiful gown, but her hair and makeup let her down.

4. Tahj September 19, 2011 at 02:38 #

She can pull of nude and muted colors without looking washed out. That’s really hard to do. And when you can do that, it looks so glamorous. I thought she looked beautiful. Though the dress looks much better in action on video than in a still photo.

5. noo September 19, 2011 at 02:38 #

it’s not the nude dress or the amish haor that bother me, why does someone choose to wear the same marchesa dress that everybody else wears on every major red carpet? there are so many interesting dresses that come in neutral tones out there, hopefully this is the last that we’ve seen of this!

6. DivaDebbi (the Blog) September 19, 2011 at 02:40 #

I do love this gown and I think it looks well on EM.
    Agree about the hair FC. She needs a better stylist, her hair adds to her look and often detracts.

7. From-chitown September 19, 2011 at 02:40 #

I was wishing she wouldn’t wear nude, but I love this marches. It’s a beautiful gown. It’s interesting nude. But she shud have dialed up her hair and make up. Neck down I think she looks gorgoeus.

8. DivaDebbi (the Blog) September 19, 2011 at 02:43 #

Sorry meant to say rarely adds to her look and often detracts…

9. Linda September 19, 2011 at 02:45 #

Agree completely with Zarina. The hair is matronly, but the earrings are too. Imagine this with better hair and earrings and it could have been a big hit.

10. tweed September 19, 2011 at 02:48 #

what this says to me is she’s a star in one of the daytime soaps, not on a cable hit show. horrible look.

11. molly September 19, 2011 at 02:49 #

I dont care that its nude, she looks amazing. This really is the best she has ever looked, and she finally did something with her hair!!

12. JT September 19, 2011 at 04:08 #

Cat Deeley (host of “So You Think You Can Dance”) wore a dress that was striking similar as Elisabeth’s dress tonight. Same colour and also covered in very similar silver vines, at first glance I almost though it was the same dress.

This has got to be my favourite look along with Emily Bunt. I don’t blame her for sticking with nude colours. She’s got the perfect colouring for it. The only thing that is really hurting her for me are her tan lines, really tacky for an event like this.

13. Rach September 19, 2011 at 05:43 #

Elisabeth Moss does nothing for me. She just never sells me the outfit. Here she looks washed out and the hair is ageing her terribly!

14. roxana September 19, 2011 at 07:20 #

marchesa dress – always a winner!

15. rebecca o September 19, 2011 at 08:53 #

The dress is too familiar and the matronly hair isn’t doing her any favours.

16. joe September 19, 2011 at 08:59 #

The earrings are the same that aiswarya bachan wore to the oscars this year

17. Lucía September 19, 2011 at 10:00 #

Beautiful. It’s a gorgeous dress.

18. Jones19 September 19, 2011 at 11:11 #

Ugh the tan lines are hideous,. they ruin that gorgeous neckline.

19. Marvel September 19, 2011 at 12:02 #

Both Fergie (Met Gala 2011) and Jane Fonda (Cannes 2011) both wear this dress and she’s repeating it yet again? How boring

20. goldfish September 19, 2011 at 13:04 #

its not a very flattering dress on EM. it makes her shoulders look huge

21. Moxie September 19, 2011 at 14:56 #

FC – did you see EM’s co-star Jon Hamm’s date (Jennifer Westfeldt) in this lovely vintage gown? One of my favorite looks. http://decadesinc.blogspot.com/2008/09/ray-of-light.html

22. Moxie September 19, 2011 at 15:21 #

I know, you do a fantastic job. Just thought I’d point it out.

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 15:40 #

23. Fiona September 19, 2011 at 16:36 #

Was this dress last season’s Marchesa (from the same collection Sandra Bullock’s Oscar dress came from)? It looks very familiar. If not then Marchesa is getting repetitive. Agree with the comments about making her shoulders look large, also tan lines no no. I don’t even want to mention the fact that it is NUDE, and I also dislike the earrings and the hairstyle. Poor Elizabeth has copped a slamming from Australia tonight!

24. CB September 19, 2011 at 17:25 #

She really needs some bangs because her huge forehead is always distracting. The hair is just way to matronly in this look. Its hard to get past the shoulders to see what could be a beautiful dress.
    While I think she can totally pull off nude looks, SOME change would be nice. I’d imagine she would equally as lovely in jewel tones.

25. Alina September 19, 2011 at 18:04 #

Worst dressed of the night for me.

26. Hannah September 19, 2011 at 19:05 #

The gown i sgorgeous, adn I was so thankful, because she usually wears pretty dull clothes on the red carpet, so this is one of her best for sure. However, her hairstylist never seems to get it quite right, a sleeker style would have worked here. I feel sorry for her because she has a really old fashioned haircut, because of Mad Men obviously, but it is still possible to make it look better than her hair stylist does. Also, I adore however does her makeup, except they never adequately fill in her eyebrows. Honestly my biggest pet peeve in life seems to be inadequate eyebrows.

27. Lou September 20, 2011 at 20:55 #

Her hair ruins all of her looks for me

28. scmaize September 21, 2011 at 23:06 #

Absolutely love this dress, and I think it looks lovely on her. She could find a more flattering hairstyle, though.

29. Shauni212 September 21, 2011 at 23:37 #

This is the best I have ever seen her look! There could have been a few tweaks but it works.