19.09.11

Claire Danes In Oscar de la Renta – 2011 Emmy Awards

Usually I find myself just liking Clare Danes on the red carpet, but tonight at the 2011 Emmy Awards I fell in love.

The blonde actress maybe sporting the same hairstyle, but she was glowing in her Oscar de la Renta Resort 2012 gown.

This blue georgette strapless sequin embroidered gown is a gorgeous colour for her.

I wish she would be more adventurous like this in the future.

Pink lippie plus Irit Design drop earrings, Barbara Bui heels and a large Irit Design cocktail ring completed her look.

An updo would’ve perfected this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sarah Hyland In Christian Siriano - 2011 Emmy Awards

Sarah Hyland In Christian Siriano – 2011 Emmy Awards

Cobie Smulders In Alberta Ferretti - 2011 Emmy Awards

Cobie Smulders In Alberta Ferretti – 2011 Emmy Awards

22 Responses to Claire Danes In Oscar de la Renta – 2011 Emmy Awards

1. joe September 19, 2011 at 00:56 #

I LOVE THIS. full stop.
    plus, she is smiling which I seem to find rare for her.
    gorgeous.

• chryssa September 19, 2011 at 11:19 #

Icouldnt agree more!!!

2. Laura September 19, 2011 at 00:57 #

Not loving the tan line. But that dress is gorgeous!

3. Hannah September 19, 2011 at 01:00 #

The dres sis downright gorgeous. Tis midnight blue is so rare onteh red carpet, especially this one which is almsot exclusively red/nude/gold, so it is even more beautiful. The hair is a bti dull, and I am kinda bored of her in embellished strapless column gowns, given her armani prive of last year, but she still looks divine. Hair up, a clutch and a cocktail ring, and good posture, would have perfected it.

4. Henrique September 19, 2011 at 01:01 #

That’s why she’s in my Top 5 of Red Carpet Favourites… amazing

5. noo September 19, 2011 at 01:02 #

to me this is just what she wears, lovely column dresses, last year it was armani prive, this year this and i’m sure it will continue just like this!!!!!! she just doesn’t wow me!

• Linda September 19, 2011 at 02:30 #

I know. I want to feel wowed, but I’m almost always stopped short with her looks.

6. taksi September 19, 2011 at 01:22 #

I love her style. Always so effortless and simple; she knows what works for her.

Agree the hair isn’t up to par.

7. chocolatepluscheese September 19, 2011 at 02:10 #

it’s still sleek and simple (very Claire Danes) but the midnight blue is beautiful.

8. Parvati September 19, 2011 at 02:27 #

I love that she did something different (darker eye make-up, bold-coloured gown) but I wish she had added some jewellery. I feel like something’s missing.

9. Sophie September 19, 2011 at 04:26 #

I adore Claire, she is true to herself both in her art and fashion choices. When she walked onstage I caught my breath, this woman always looks good and there is absolutely nothing wrong with knowing what works for your body. i.e. Jen Anniston! Claire has a weirdly masculine yet somehow feminine shoulder blade and and her people know how to accentuate that and make sure it does not act as a negative.

Belisima!!

10. Rebecca Z September 19, 2011 at 04:51 #

Outstanding. The dress is gorgeous, her makeup is dramatic, the earrings are unusual and very beautiful. I want to agree about her wearing her hair up with this, but I think she wears it down most of the time because her neck and torso are so long–if her hair were up the distance between her head and her waist would look enormous, particularly with a strapless gown.

11. Rach September 19, 2011 at 05:47 #

Yes, yes, YES! I find Claire usually really snooze-worthy on the red carpet (although she does usually look great) but this is totally fantastic. Love it. More glitz in future please!

12. Emi September 19, 2011 at 10:04 #

The dress is better on her than on the model, the fit is better. I love it, she’s so chic.

13. rebecca o September 19, 2011 at 11:17 #

Love it. Simple but glossy.

14. Jones19 September 19, 2011 at 11:30 #

I love the print, it’s so dazzling. The colors are fantastic too.

15. Marvel September 19, 2011 at 12:12 #

I agree that more attention could be paid to her hair but I love the shimmering-ness of the dress. A great look and it looks x10 better on her than the model

16. Lucía September 19, 2011 at 12:59 #

Yeah, I have a problem with the hair too. Because the dress is gorgeous.

17. dee September 19, 2011 at 14:18 #

Stunning, one of the best dressed.

18. Emily September 19, 2011 at 22:11 #

I love that she’s in a print since we see so many shots of her in minimalist gowns. Also the colour really works for her!

19. lola September 20, 2011 at 14:38 #

boring. I wish she would switch up the hair. The makeup is horrible and, the dresses shape and shimmers reminds me of last years emmys only this year the dress is midnight blue.

20. Alina September 20, 2011 at 17:05 #

I love the dress but not on her. She’s not working it.