Charlie’s Angels Stars @ The 2011 Emmy Awards

The stars of the new TV series, “Charlie’s Angels” took to the stage with Drew Barrymore – who is the Executive Producer of upcoming ABC series – at the 2011 Emmy Awards tonight.

Minka Kelly: Looked stunning wearing a simple Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2011 navy lace dress with a tiered skirt. Little effort, maximum results. Barbara Bui heels completed her look.

Annie Ilonzeh: The new girl on the block wore a Romona Keveza burgundy strapless silk charmeuse goddess gown with a draped sweetheart neckline spilling onto a fluted skirt.

Rachael Taylor: The blonde actress wore a Giorgio Armani Fall 2011 soft pink and silver beaded column dress with iridescent pink sequins and silver beaded fringes. She is glowing in this corseted, strapless gown. She loves the look, as she’s totally working it.

Drew Barrymore: The Executive Producer wore a Givenchy Fall 2011 Couture dress with fringed detailing and a sheer skirt which showcased her Jimmy Choo ‘Zodiac’ platform sandals. Drew completed the look with Van Cleef & Arpels jewels. I love her red hair, but I’m not sure about the dress. I wish she had taken to the red carpet so I could’ve seen it properly. At this point I’m not crazy about the look but I don’t want to totally dismiss it either.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

Maria Bello In Kaufmanfranco - 2011 Emmy Awards

Maria Bello In Kaufmanfranco – 2011 Emmy Awards

37 Responses to Charlie’s Angels Stars @ The 2011 Emmy Awards

1. Lorena September 19, 2011 at 05:05 #

I loved Drew! I think this picture is not doing justice to the dress, it looked amazing on TV!
    I also love Taylor, from head(her hair look terrific) to toe she looked perfect. xx

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2011 at 05:07 #

Yes I will have to wait to watch it on TV tomorrow in the UK…

• pipsqueak September 21, 2011 at 02:48 #

Totally agree on both Drew and Rachel Taylor. Drew looked particularly great in that dress on TV!

2. Fer September 19, 2011 at 05:06 #

I was writing a comment in the las post asking you FC to check Drew Barrimore’s dress,i found it exquisite so i wanted your opinion, and to know who designed it :D, thank you for your amazing coverage.

And i don’t know too bad she didn’t walk the red carpet, for me, she is my best dressed of the night, i find the dress really difficult to wear and the did it amazingly well, and the accessorizing is perfect. I searched for more pictures of the look and it looks stunning.

3. JT September 19, 2011 at 05:17 #

Drew standing beside those three stunners looks very dumpy. She looks very top heavy and shapeless. It looks almost like she threw on an oversized sweater. And the placement of the leaves make the girls look very droopy. The changes to the dress were not a good idea. It now looks messy and unfinished. Not a good look over all. And the hair slicked back is doing no favours for her either.
    If she looked “stunning” it definitly is not showing in this photo.

• Leti September 19, 2011 at 16:56 #

I completely agree. The dress is terrible, and the hair is worse. She, at least, needed some volume up top to give her some height and balance out that dress. In this pic and others from Getty Images, her head looks way too small for her body. She’s like a turtle with it’s head barely poking out of that thick turtleneck.

4. Rebecca Z September 19, 2011 at 05:17 #

I find Minka’s look boring–too bad, she is such a pretty young woman. Drew always does something different and I admire her for it, but I don’t love this dress–the beaded fringe is very heavy and the dress moves very strangely. Rachel Taylor was the very best of this group–i agree–she looks like she is having a ball.

5. nyfashionista September 19, 2011 at 05:47 #

Is Drew Pregnant?Or is that the reflection of the light on the dress?

• DivaMom September 19, 2011 at 15:16 #

I thought the same thing.

6. bec September 19, 2011 at 06:07 #

Rachel Taylor is a shadow of her former self! She looks great in this picture, but in others she looks worryingly thin!

7. Teleholic September 19, 2011 at 06:14 #

Hey, FC, I know you’re super-super busy. I just wanted to suggest somebody since there was no color-blocking so far from what I can tell. I saw this on Getty:

I thought it was interesting to color-block black and navy that way. She’s relatively unknown, I don’t think you’ve ever featured her before but I fell in love with her dress. It’s no Nina Dobrev (WOW) but it’s beautiful nonetheless.

Sorry to bother you!! I know there’s too many people to feature everybody!

• Jones19 September 19, 2011 at 10:57 #

I love Ms.Vaugier, she’s gorgeous and that color blocking is superb.

• Linda September 19, 2011 at 14:31 #

Agreed, lovely dress.

8. ash September 19, 2011 at 06:22 #

for me, just seeing that Givenchy Haute Couture iece makes me very happy already. I always found it very unflattering, but I think she carried herself very well.

9. Christine September 19, 2011 at 06:34 #

My favourite is Minka Kelly: classy, elegant, understated yet interesting. Annie Ilonzeh’s dress is a bit too ‘old school’ for my liking but still she looks lovely as does Rachael Taylor. I rather like her hair.

• DivaDebbi (blog) September 19, 2011 at 13:27 #

I agree about Annie Ilonzeh’s dress. it’s pretty but a bit matronly on her. Better suited to someone like the beautiful Mariska Hargitay

10. roxana September 19, 2011 at 07:17 #

rachel is amazing, drew is lovely as always, but she looks pregnant. the other 2 girls don’t have the WOW element.

• Georgia September 19, 2011 at 16:04 #

I don’t know so much that they lacked the “wow” element as they were totally preoccupied throwing shade at one another! It made them all unattractive, regardless of the gowns. The awkward body language between these three was so uncomfortable. Even if the show’s a hit I can’t imagine it would continue for long with this trio.

• Elizabeth September 19, 2011 at 21:39 #

I agree…also Minka Kelly lacked charisma on stage. She seemed like a generic, ditzy young starlet.

That being said, I love the color of Annie’s dress against her skin tone!

11. JacobGH September 19, 2011 at 07:43 #

The Givenchy dress is out of this world gorgeous but unfortunately it’s one of those dresses that only looks good on models :/

12. Elisa September 19, 2011 at 09:10 #

I thought Minka Kelly was Leighton Meester!

• DivaDebbi (blog) September 19, 2011 at 13:22 #

Me too! Always confuse these two brunette beauties! I loved Minka’s look….head to toe.

13. tweed September 19, 2011 at 09:22 #

rachael taylor looks best here (and one of the best of the night, i think). it suits the vibe of the show that they’re promoting, while being sophisticated enough for the awards presentation.

14. Emi September 19, 2011 at 09:47 #

Minka is my favorite, here, I don’t like Drew’s dress, ugly and unflattering.

15. Lee Ann September 19, 2011 at 10:28 #

I love the Dior dress -itis very beautiful but doesn’t photograph well. I also think that she is too young to wear it as it needs to be styled very retro which would look like a parody on her.

16. Mol September 19, 2011 at 10:51 #

I didn’t get to see the show as I’m in London right now, but just from looking at this photo I’m feeling like I really like drew’s Givenchy gown…..

17. Jones19 September 19, 2011 at 10:58 #

Rachael Taylor looks the best in this photo but I want to see Drew’s look better on TV.

18. Marvel September 19, 2011 at 11:52 #

Minka – gorgeous. A bit too dark but I loved it anyway
    Annie – simple and nice enough
    Rachel – A gorgeous dress but I LOVE her hair
    Drew – She looks terrible. Sorry but she does

• Alina September 19, 2011 at 16:18 #

Ditto.

19. Elaine2 September 19, 2011 at 13:36 #

Drew looks like she’s pregnant in that dress.

20. Linda September 19, 2011 at 14:30 #

Does anyone else think Drew’s head looks about two sizes too small for her body in this picture? I like her dress better as presented on the model.

The Dior dress is lovely, but way too old for Minka. Nancy Raegan pops to mind.

21. Julie September 19, 2011 at 15:20 #

I like Annie’s look the best. Minka’s is too matronly, Rachel’s doesn’t seem to suit her body type and don’t get me started on Drew’s dress. lol

• mm September 19, 2011 at 16:18 #

Annie wins for me too!

22. Paulo September 19, 2011 at 17:21 #

Drew looks outstanding! When I saw her on TV, she was just radiant and clearly out to have fun. Funny enough, out of all the girls, I felt that Drew exuded the most youthful and fun energy.

23. Hannah September 19, 2011 at 18:49 #

I actually found Annie adn Minka’s look a bit too boring somehow. The dior jsut didnt work on minka, it was too old looking, and the Ramona Keveza fell short of the expectations I had of it based on the ‘runway’ image. I don’t ven have words for Rachael, I adored every aspect of hte look, it was sleek, modern, fresh, young, so perfect and liek nothing else on the red carpet. Drew I adore for being diferent, I think the top doesn;t work, but the bottom half, the sheer, the legs and shoes, all works beautifully.

24. Tahj September 20, 2011 at 00:26 #

Rachel Taylor is WORKING that armani prive. That’s how you should rock it.

Drew Barrymore’s dress is so ugly. How could she possibly have thought that looked good?

25. Shauni212 September 21, 2011 at 22:43 #

Drew Barrymore looks the best but with that said all of the dresses actually look better on the runway.