Nina Dobrev In Donna Karan – 2011 Emmy Awards

WHAT a knock out.

This is how you kick start the 2011 Emmy Awards.

Usually we have to wait a while for a magic moment, but Nina Dobrev served up a stunning red Donna Karan Resort 2012 gown right from the start.

I’m not usually a fan of Nina’s one-trick pony style, but she will most definitely book herself a place on the Best Dressed list, which I can confidently say after only seeing a few looks.

In black the strapless gown is so so, in red…I die.

Side swept glossy locks, a stunning silver Neil Lane necklace, Brian Atwood heels and clutch completed the look.

This is the one to beat.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

69 thoughts on “Nina Dobrev In Donna Karan – 2011 Emmy Awards

1. Denise

She looks amazing. Absolutely gorgeous, stunning. Definitely best dressed and I can’t wait to see if anyone else can actually top this look.

1. BeeBee

Agreed! I’m often a tad bit disappointed by her choices, but this time she looks sensational. One of the best dressed in my opinion.

2. Elizabeth

When I saw this on tv, my jaw dropped!! She looks just as breathtaking in these photos as she did on tv! Love love love!!!!!

1. noo

since u saw her live on the red carpet, are u sure it’s nina dobrev? because nina is a one-trick pony and it leads me to believe that this is emmanuelle chriqui :D they really do look alike!

1. noo

i looked on getty after i thought it was emmanuelle :D she look incredibly stunning all the same, and i never tjought nina dobrev would wow me!

3. Hannah

She is the one who makes this gown. She is stunnign but I usually find her style so meh, but not here. I’m melting.

4. molly

I loved this until I saw a closeup of the bottom-awful. It looks like it was hemmed in 20 minutes before the show. It is so sloppy and the dress is a bit too small. If it was let out a tiny bit, this would have been perfection.

5. Sonia

Nina looks AMAZING! Usually there’s one thing that I don’t like about her red carpet looks but she looks perfect right now!

Only thing is that Vampire Diaries was not nominated so how did she get invited to the Emmys?

6. lipsticklover

This is the only time ive seen anything on her that I’ve loved! She looks fantatic, the colour is amazing against her skin.

7. Zineb

It took me a while to pick up my jaw from the floor !!!
    This is not only the one to beat at this event, but for the whole week !!
    WOOOW never did I see her look this STUNNING !!
    Yay for Nina & for The Vampire Diaries !! lol

8. From-chitown

I died when I saw this on tv. She looks perfect – total knock out. Like you said FC, she is the one to beat.

9. Sarah

This look is so perfect :OO
    I feel like she looks the best every time she’s at the Emmy Awards…like last year.
    If Ian Somerhalder would have been in the pic with her, it would be even more perfect ;D

10. JacobGH

WOW. I have nothing to add really, but I just had to comment on how absolutely drop dead gorgeous she looks. For me, this should be considered for Best of the Year. Anyone agree? I’ll reiterate hopefully further up in the comments when she is inevitably added to the best of the Emmys poll .

11. MEME

OMG!!!!…. I usually don’t like her red carpet looks… but this is STUNNING!!!…. she has definately come a long way since her days on Degrassi….lol….

12. Jazz

my jaw DROPPED. she looks AMAZING!!! you were sooo right to start your post in caps FC! knockout indeed!! she’s definitely my best dressed. she’s gorgeous, this dress is gorgeous, the color works so well with her complexion and hair,and her figure looks fabulous! kudos nina!

13. Mary

I see how everyone loved this look and comletelly adore it and I admit her figure is perfect and the dress looks flawless on her. But I have a huge problem with her make up… It is way too heavy and at first I got a feeling that she was the 35 year old Nina from the future (or maybe Eva Longoria). It cold be her expression, or the photos that do her rong, but I’m definatelly a bit turned off by that. Such a beutiful dress could definatelly look more youthfull…

14. Jones19

What a knock out indeed! I thought she looked fantastic at the Emmy’s last year but wowza she upped her game big time. My favorite of the night.

15. goldfish

my favourite of the night.. not because the dress is that innovative, she just wears it to perfection. she is absolutely GORGEOUS! and definitely BDOTW contender even winner imho

16. Mima

She looks gorgeous. When this dress appeared on tv I noticed that the ruffles at the bottom had a messy finishing:s

17. Julie

She looks great, but I’d like this dress better without the weird flaps of fabric at the bottom. It looks like random patches were sewn on.

18. Chanel

Oh. My. God. Can someone be more beautiful? There aren’t enough words to describe her. Nina is more than amazing, stunning and jaw-dropping.

By the way, do you know what Brian Atwood Heels she wore? Because I can’t find any pictures of them at all!