18.09.11

Emmy Rossum In Johanna Johnson – LA Opera’s White Night Season Opening Gala

To get you in the mood for what will hopefully be a very successful Emmy’s red carpet tonight, I bring you Emmy Rossum.

The ‘Shameless’ actress attended the LA Opera’s White Night Season Opening Gala & Premiere Of “Eugene Onegin” At The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in LA last night.

She stunned wearing a Johanna Johnson gown.

Her emerald green strapless bustier gown was complemented with a classic diamond and emerald necklace.

Emmy’s hair was piled high into a bun with a plait circling the bun.

I love her beautiful red lips and how her necklace falls down her back.

I challenge everyone at the Emmy’s to beat this, because this is truly breath-taking.

Credit: Getty

Jonathan Saunders Spring 2012

Jonathan Saunders Spring 2012

Best Dressed Of The Week - Fan Bing Bing In Elie Saab Couture & Ashlee Simpson In Temperley London

Best Dressed Of The Week – Fan Bing Bing In Elie Saab Couture & Ashlee Simpson In Temperley London

11 Responses to Emmy Rossum In Johanna Johnson – LA Opera’s White Night Season Opening Gala

1. Armaghan September 18, 2011 at 21:33 #

Beautiful.I just wish she got rid of the Earings.

• molly September 18, 2011 at 22:27 #

The earrings are an overkill. Everything else is stunning though.

2. joe September 18, 2011 at 21:48 #

i love the color and jewelry, but for some reason bustier gowns always look off to me… like they are unsupportive? this and jennifer lawrence at the baftas (i think?) are the best examples…

3. CreoleLady September 18, 2011 at 21:58 #

Wow. She’s set a high bar.

4. Nat39 September 18, 2011 at 22:08 #

Beautifully done, love her make-up, and the cute ballerina-style bun, lovely necklace, very pretty emerald green colour. Although not too fond of the dress itself – something about the fit, not quite figure-flattering – rather small bust, and thick waist and not visa versa, very thick looking stomach. But the overall look is very nice.

• Nat39 September 18, 2011 at 23:03 #

correction “vice versa”, thinking about travelling, I guess :)

5. Hannah September 18, 2011 at 22:18 #

Just sent my heart into overdrive for the emmy’s tonight. Hopefully someone will make up for teh hole that is being left by January Jones’s inevitable absence.

6. Rebecca Z September 18, 2011 at 22:18 #

Gorgeous! You are correct–those others have a lot to live up to!

7. Catriona September 18, 2011 at 22:59 #

I love the colour and the jewellery but I don’t think I like the actual dress.

I agree with Joe, bustier dresses rarely look right. I also think the bottom of the dress could be more interesting, it looks like she grabbed a bit of fabric and wrapped it around.

8. Marvel September 18, 2011 at 23:27 #

FC I love you and all but I dont think this look is all that.

In fact on a quite week I wouldnt even nominate this. I think what makes me not like it, is because it looks like a corset and then skirt attached. Its not cohesive enough for me.

OTT, cant wait for your emmy’s coverage. Know its going to be the best :)

9. thebeautyphilosopher September 20, 2011 at 12:17 #

I am so happy to see one of my favourite Australian gown designers on the red carpet again. I love everything about this look. Emmy looks naturally glamorous and beautiful, not like she has been styled to the max.