Who Wore Proenza Schouler Better? Sarah Jessica Parker or Alexa Chung

Sarah Jessica Parker turned heads when she wore this gorgeous Proenza Schouler Fall 2010 dress whilst being interviewed for Access Hollywood in Central Park back in May 2010.

The actress looked unbelievably stylish in the baby blue V-neck, bubble hem dress which features a black and white paint print scattered over the dress.

Sarah added a pink blazer with contrasting black lapels and cuffs to her look, as well as killer blue and fuchsia lace up Nicholas Kirkwood suede platforms, a white bag and silver necklaces.

Alexa Chung attended Proenza Schouler’s Spring 2012 presentation in New York on Wednesday wearing the same dress.

The TV presenter added black accessories to her look including pointed toe, bow-adorned Louis Vuitton heels and a tasseled clutch.

A cameo necklace, dark red lips and tousled hair completed her ensemble.

SJP easily wins for me on her gorgeous shoes alone.

I love the addition of the pink blazer and think her pieces all work well together to create one super stylish ensemble.

Alexa’s basic black accessories fall flat in comparison.

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Getty

Kate Bosworth In Christopher Kane - "Chelsea Lately"

Kate Bosworth In Christopher Kane – “Chelsea Lately”

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Dries Van Noten - "Hysteria" Press Conference Toronto Film Festival

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Dries Van Noten – “Hysteria” Press Conference Toronto Film Festival

23 Responses to Who Wore Proenza Schouler Better? Sarah Jessica Parker or Alexa Chung

1. Alexandra September 16, 2011 at 00:53 #

this is the perfect example why i don’t get alexa chung hype. her sense of style is most of the time questionable, her choice of accesories uninspiring and she usually looks like a lifeless mannequin. SJP, on the contrary, breathes so much life into this dress!

• Hailie September 16, 2011 at 11:51 #

I totally agree, I thought I was the only one who didn’t have Chung-fever…I think she’s pretty over-rated to be honest! SJP on the other hand looks awesome in this outfit!

2. Nat39 September 16, 2011 at 01:00 #

I can`t believe I`m actually voting for Alexa Chung! What happened, she doesn`t look like her usual self.
    Gotta disagree, as much as I love SJP`s gorgeous shoes, her look is way too busy, the dress is completely lost /overwhelmed by her blazer, hair, oversized pendant, the bag. Alexa`s accessories maybe basic but perfectly complementary and let this adorable dress shine.

• MG September 16, 2011 at 03:33 #

dis agree. The dress is not lost. It forms a perfect combination with the blazer.

• Nat39 September 16, 2011 at 23:17 #

The whole point is that this kind of dress shouldn`t be in any kind of ensemble/combination in the first place, it`s a statement piece as Martin perfectly wrote in the comment below. Yes, Alexa`s accessories maybe “basic, boring, fall flat, etc…” but she got the idea right, she allowed the dress to breathe, to make its statement while SJP suffocated it in her ensemble.

3. Elaine2 September 16, 2011 at 02:22 #

I actually prefer this difficult dress design on the runway model. So, my vote is = NEITHER>.

• dee September 16, 2011 at 15:16 #

4. Martin September 16, 2011 at 02:28 #

Sorry, but I must disagree. Alexa ALL THE WAY! Sarah Jessica Parker ruins what is for me a statement dress in the truest sense of the term. I don’t understand what would possess someone to throw on a pink jacket with contrasting lapel, a white bag, silver necklaces and those shoes with a dress like that. It doesn’t look nonchalant, it looks downright messy in my eyes.

Alexa, on the other hand, has kept this look beautifully simple and the let the print and the shape of the dress speak for itself. She looks gorgeous and relaxed and completely at ease in this. SJP, on the other hand, looks as though she got dressed in the dark and threw on everything that she laid her hands on. Proenza is about urban cool, not try-hard eccentricity. Alexa nailed it.

5. Jen September 16, 2011 at 04:52 #

I love SJP’s shoes/blazer/dress/hair combo. The necklace and bag are two things too many. But .. she still way beats Alexa for me. Maybe if the pic showed some movement or life from Alexa, it would be more of a contest.

Plus, I really hate Alexa’s shoes and I really love SJP’s. So … you know … I gotta go with SJP.

6. JacobGH September 16, 2011 at 05:24 #

Lol at everyone who voted for Alexa. Embarrassed for you and your lack of taste to be honest. :)

• Nat39 September 16, 2011 at 22:22 #

What really embarrassing is your lack of maturity, to be honest. Lol at your comment and your questionable taste.

• Fashion Critic September 17, 2011 at 11:01 #

I think JacobGH was joking

• JacobGH September 17, 2011 at 16:51 #

7. PamG September 16, 2011 at 07:31 #

SJP x 10 for putting this look together as only she can and pulling it off with such ease!

8. Regina September 16, 2011 at 07:47 #

Look at Alexa’s face. Even she is stunned about her un-elegant and unflattering look, her limp hair and bad shoes. I am so sick of marketers trying to ram this girl and her “style” down our throats.

9. Pen Pen September 16, 2011 at 07:50 #

I can’t say that I love SJP’s styling for this dress but SJP in a bad day still look way better than Alexa Chung in her most put together form

10. Erini September 16, 2011 at 07:56 #

No question… SJP= true perfection in creative styling!

• Alina September 16, 2011 at 13:59 #

11. Emi September 16, 2011 at 08:26 #

Even if I don’t like the pink blazer for this dress… I voted for SJP. No way I would vote for A. Chung, but i think this dress is quite ugly and unflattering.

12. Caitlin September 16, 2011 at 11:56 #

Looks like Alexa copied her styling from the runway. I would LOVE to see this gorgeous little dress without anything covering the top half.

13. Brandon September 16, 2011 at 21:19 #

Sarah looks great, but I really want to know who made that blazer. :)

14. Lucía September 18, 2011 at 17:04 #

I wont pick one…it looks horrible on both

15. Daisy October 22, 2011 at 20:53 #

I reaaally don’t understand all the credit SJP gets for her ‘sense of style’. It wasn’t good in SATC, it’s not good in real life. It’s just one huge mess really, like she throws as many crazy things together as she can to ‘be creative’ and ‘make a statement’ but it really doesn’t work…she just looks a mess! Alexa Chung all the way for putting such a simple outfit on but managing to look great and interesting!