16.09.11

Naeem Khan Spring 2012

Naeem Khan’s Spring 2012 presentation was my last show at the Lincoln Center yesterday.

The designer showcased 42 looks; 35 were gowns, so as you can imagine I was in heaven.

So was the lady behind me who was recreating Meg Ryan’s famous scene in “When Harry Met Sally” each time a look hit the runway.

The designer presented every type of dress imaginable from glamorous kaftans for those exotic vacations, to cute flirty cocktail dresses which wouldn’t look out of place in ‘Blair Waldorf’ closet to Emmy/Golden Globes/Oscar worthy gowns.

Actresses will be spoilt for choice this coming awards seasons, as they will get to choose from a orange matte jersey sarong gown with a beaded bodice, a periwinkle tulle gown with feather beading, a burgundy faille one-shoulder gown with metallic gold wave beading and a nude crystal beaded racer cut-gown with an ostrich feather skirt.

[nggallery id=987]

Naeem Khan’s wife Ranjana Khan, created the complementary jewels which provided the perfect finishing touches to several looks.

Front Row: Mischa Barton and Rachel Roy

Favourites: Listed above

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Michelle Obama, Rachel Roy, Maria Bello, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carrie Underwood, Annette Bening, Jordana Brewster, Emily Blunt, Debra Messing, Eva Longoria and Freida Pinto

Fan Bing Bing In Elie Saab Couture - 2011 BAZAAR Charity Night

Fan Bing Bing In Elie Saab Couture – 2011 BAZAAR Charity Night

Olivia Wilde In Preen – The Variety Studio At Holt Renfrew

Olivia Wilde In Preen – The Variety Studio At Holt Renfrew

14 Responses to Naeem Khan Spring 2012

1. Hannah September 16, 2011 at 17:20 #

I almost had a heart attack, probably my favouite Collectio th week alonside Jason Wu. I have to say that I see Blake Lively killing the orange matte jersey sarong gown with the beaded bodice, and someone, prbably PenelopeCruz in the burgndy one-shoulder embellished gown. I am praying, even though I know it won’t happen, that at least one of these makes it to the Emmy’s.

2. Moxie September 16, 2011 at 18:01 #

My favorite was Look 24 – http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2012RTW-NKHAN?event=show2342&designer=design_house1220&trend=&iphoto=40#slide=23

I hope we see this on the red carpet.

3. lee September 16, 2011 at 19:48 #

are you gonna review bill blass? there’s a red dress and two yellow sequin dresses that are so. damn. sexy.

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2011 at 20:17 #

I didn’t go so no

4. Rebecca Z September 16, 2011 at 20:21 #

These are phenomenal dresses–outstanding. I can see Zoe Saldano in the racer cut gown you picked as a favorite.

5. fromchi-town September 16, 2011 at 21:13 #

Wow – this is an outstanding collection. One of my favs this week. Most of the dresses are phenomena. Can’t wait to see them on the red carpet.

6. Zoe September 16, 2011 at 22:08 #

This may be my favorite collection all week. Naeem Khan is a brand that tends to be hit or miss for me. Sometimes I’m over the moon in love and other times they leave me feeling flat.

But this collection, other than a very limited number that I didn’t like (4 and 23 for instance), I am obsessively in love with almost every look. It is very, very hard to pick favorites but I think 11 and 31 are my favorites. And I would practically die of happiness to see either of them (or the similar 30) on the red carpet.

7. DivaDebbi (the Blog) September 17, 2011 at 02:05 #

I was sorry I had to miss NK. Heard it was outstanding. I am a fan. I also heard the heavy metal music and full blast was torturous and out of sync with this beautiful collection…what did you think FC?

• Fashion Critic September 17, 2011 at 10:59 #

It was strange, but I managed to block it out as I was focused on the gorgeous gowns

8. bec September 17, 2011 at 02:45 #

The orange matte jersey sarong gown with a beaded bodice made me swoon. Love love love, I hope it gets a worthy red carpet appearance! xo Keep up the amazing work FC!! :) :)

9. Alina September 17, 2011 at 13:52 #

Gorgeous !

My third favourite collection after Ralph Lauren and Oscar de la Renta.

10. Teleholic September 17, 2011 at 21:56 #

EL. EM. AY. OH. At the Meg Ryan comment. Because i thought I was the only one who did that about gowns. Shhh ;)

11. SimoniaMeChelle September 18, 2011 at 00:31 #

Model Dimyka Roberts is the most amazing, & beautiful on the runway. She rocked his gown!

• hauteness September 18, 2011 at 17:40 #

This was a definitely a beautiful collection! However if you look at the entire show on Style.com, Model Dimyka Roberts was not in this show. Hmm, photoshopped maybe?