15.09.11

Nicole Scherzinger In Randi Rahm – “The X-Factor” World Premiere

Nicole Scherzinger attended the world premiere of “The X-Factor” held at the ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome in Hollywood on Wednesday.

The singer picked a Randi Rahm dress for the big event.

Her silver embellished halter-neck dress features a sexy open back.

Nicole accessorized with a diamond cocktail ring and tiny stud earrings.

I’m not keen on this look because I think the style of the dress is old-fashioned and the silver fabric isn’t working for me.

Quite frankly I find this look tacky plus the black pumps are too conservative for such a dress.

She styled her hair in a braided ponytail and kept the focus of her makeup on her eyes.

Nicole is a pretty girl, but she doesn’t appear to have any taste when it comes to dressing for the red carpet.

Credit: Getty

Ashley Madekwe In Malhia Kent x 7 For All Mankind  - Malhia Kent x 7 For All Mankind Launch

Ashley Madekwe In Malhia Kent x 7 For All Mankind – Malhia Kent x 7 For All Mankind Launch

Nicole Scherzinger In Versace - 2012 Brit Awards

Nicole Scherzinger In Versace – 2012 Brit Awards

30 Responses to Nicole Scherzinger In Randi Rahm – “The X-Factor” World Premiere

1. AnnaP September 15, 2011 at 21:45 #

Thanks for featuring this dress – despite you not liking it. I think she looks stunning, but now I’ve read your critique, I see what you mean. I think she pulls it off though. Do you think she has a stylist and if so, should she change?

• Fashion Critic September 15, 2011 at 23:21 #

She needs a stylist

• JacobGH September 16, 2011 at 05:28 #

• AW September 16, 2011 at 15:11 #

I feel like this dress was worn in the 1989 Miss America pageant.

And really? Work shoes with a gown?

Fail.

2. Badaboum September 15, 2011 at 21:45 #

I agree 100% with this comment, there is always something off with the way she dresses (borderline tacky sometimes, sorry Nicole… :( )

3. Pati September 15, 2011 at 21:45 #

I totally agree. I think she´s beautiful, but I almost always find her tacky. She has fabulous body so I understand why she wants to show it off, but I wish she dressed in a more sophisticated and flirty manner rather than overtly sexy. I think Frieda Pinto or Eva Mendes´ style would suit her very well.

• lehna September 18, 2011 at 22:17 #

Sounds nice…but Nicole is a Musician..NOT an actress..I think we have to look at her as we look at the other billboard ladies..Rihanna,Beyonce,JLo,Keisha and so on…and who of them are ever really classy dressed LOL!..they are artists..not fashionistas…but still no excuse for the silver bollywood dress!

4. Catriona September 15, 2011 at 22:05 #

This dress isn’t very flattering around her midsection. We all know she has an amazing body so imagine what it’d be like on a normal person…(unless she’s pregnant, as everyone seems to be…)

I wonder what she’ll be wearing on the shows.

5. Mahima September 15, 2011 at 22:10 #

Wow, this post was harsh. I don’t really think that last comment was necessary. Its not a bad dress, and she does look nice to me.

• Nat39 September 16, 2011 at 00:00 #

On the contrary (for me) I was pleasantly surprised to read that last comment – the sugar-coated reality of political correctness is getting annoying. Now, let`s learn to say word “fat” instead of “curvy, feminine,etc…:)

• Paulo September 16, 2011 at 02:50 #

I agree, Mahima. It’s one thing for Zarina not to like Nicole’s look but not necessary to callously say that she has no taste simply because it’s not to her liking.

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2011 at 03:46 #

it was me who added the part about her having no taste and I stand by that statement.

If I lined up her last 5 looks it would prove my point.

In fact I will do a post on it when I return to London

• lehna September 18, 2011 at 21:36 #

I actually been thinking that Nicole Scherzinger been looking pretty fly lately..except from this tacky silver dress at the x-factor premier.I saw her wearing a Oscar de la Renta suit that looked pretty rockstar on her..she is a musician after all.I also saw her in a red leathernumber lately that I could totally see Rihanna wear…and also the Dolce Gabbana stardress..and she looked fantastic!..it’s like she sometimes use a stylist and sometimes not…she looks a bit lost finding her style.

6. Parvati September 15, 2011 at 22:12 #

I totally agree that the dress looks old-fashioned and the shoes make the whole look worse.

7. lehna September 15, 2011 at 22:21 #

Totally.Nichole Scherzinger’s on the x-factor premier look very tacky tacky and dated in this Randi Rahm dress…she looks older that Paula! What a sparkly silver nightmare..shame..she looks so cool in the x-factor promos.

8. GusMex September 15, 2011 at 22:26 #

totally agree!!

9. JolaiMua September 15, 2011 at 22:48 #

I agree that Nicole is super gorgeous, but that dress did not flatter her flawless figure. Perhaps her stylist is not aware of her body type?

She can take notes:

10. Camille September 15, 2011 at 23:09 #

You are so right. The dress is ill fitting and does nothing for her. And the shoes are hideous…shudder!

11. DivaDebbi (blog) September 15, 2011 at 23:43 #

She reminds me of Paula Abdul, Physically and aesthetically. Sadly, Paula never gets it right!

12. Hannah September 16, 2011 at 00:14 #

This is just an awful look. Like something Kimore Lee Simmons would have worn in the early noughties or something from my super sweet sixteen crica 2006. She’s so gorgeous but nothing at all works here, she needs a stylist, essentially.

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2011 at 00:32 #

“Like something Kimore Lee Simmons would have worn in the early noughties”

Agreed

13. MichelleTina September 16, 2011 at 00:38 #

I blame the Pussycat Doll aesthetic for Nicole’s fumbles on the carpet as a solo arti– personality. She was also in another tacky girl group before PCD. I think maybe she feels she shouldn’t let completely go of those type of looks because that’s what she became known for.

14. Teleholic September 16, 2011 at 00:51 #

Every single time she’s on the red carpet it’s the same. Theoretically pretty but the execution is bad. I just want to hug her and to whisper in her ear, “I’ll always be here for you if you let me in. Let me into your house and let me pick out your clothes and shoes.”

15. lehna September 16, 2011 at 00:58 #

I saw a pic of Nicole Scherzinger a couple of months ago when she was wearing the dolce&gabbana stardress and looked absolute amazing!…what happend?..this look is terrible!

16. Kiran September 16, 2011 at 01:50 #

It’s strange giving the circumstances of what went down on the X Factor but the first thing I thought of when I saw Nicole in this dress was Cheryl Cole in Roberto Cavalli from a few years back -

17. aiyu September 16, 2011 at 03:38 #

Harsh but true comments.

18. Emi September 16, 2011 at 08:34 #

She’s a very beautiful woman, but she’s tacky. This is a dress that could be worn by a girl who’s competing for Miss Universe or something like that.

19. Jones19 September 16, 2011 at 11:16 #

This is all wrong for her body type. I agree that she has no sense of natural style. She needs a good stylist badly.

20. Alina September 16, 2011 at 14:09 #

It’s such a shame that she’s not able to find a ballance between sexy and classy.

21. Laurie September 16, 2011 at 22:19 #

This gown is in poor taste and completely inappropriate and overdone for the premiere of a tv show. (unless the show is Dynasty)