Lily Cole In Giles – InStyle & The HFPA’s Annual Event

Lily Cole posed on the red carpet at the InStyle & The HFPA’s Annual Event during the 2011 Toronto Film Festival yesterday.

The model and actress wore a Giles Fall 2011 dress.

Her long-sleeved dress features Paul Delaroche’s painting of ‘The Execution of Lady Jane Grey.’

A thin black belt nips in her tiny waist.

Lily completed her look with a pair of studded eggplant heels.

I’m not fond of this look as Lily is not selling it to me.  I find this totally ironic considering she’s a model and it should come naturally to her.

Her hairstyle is doing nothing for me either.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Upton In WilliamVintage - 'The Other Woman' London Premiere

Kate Upton In WilliamVintage – ‘The Other Woman’ London Premiere

Mia Wasikowska In Gucci - "Restless" Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Mia Wasikowska In Gucci – “Restless” Toronto Film Festival Premiere

26 Responses to Lily Cole In Giles – InStyle & The HFPA’s Annual Event

1. noo September 15, 2011 at 01:13 #

i think the fit and length are great on lily but that’s just because she’s a model and she has the body for a dress like this. i hate her make up and styling and her god awful stare is like she smells something bad! her hair and shoes are also quite horrifying, this look is such a disaster!

2. Parvati September 15, 2011 at 01:19 #

I don’t like this look, either. The dress is interesting, but the rest of the outfit doesn’t work for me, like the hairstyle, the posture, the length of the dress and the shoes.

3. katchimo September 15, 2011 at 01:54 #

She makes the dress look more commercial than the runway model, I think. But I like the fit on her. There is something kinda weird with her shoes, it looks like she’s lifting her heels up.

And I completely agree with the hairstyle.

4. Elaine2 September 15, 2011 at 02:37 #

I like this dress! But, I’d cut her hair to shoulder length, shorten the dress to just below the knee, and change belt.

5. Grace September 15, 2011 at 02:44 #

Are we looking at the same image? I think she looks incredible! I love the juxtaposition of the Classical Era art which depicts the end of a Lady, and her end of ladylike approach to hair and make-up.

• samaira September 15, 2011 at 09:33 #

+1 , Totally love it, but just wish the fierceness came from her hair instead of her face. she should have tied her hair in a tight ponytail. Love the dress though and on her its incredible.

• chryssa September 15, 2011 at 11:19 #

i couldn’t have said it better!!!

• QTB September 15, 2011 at 13:45 #

agreed!

6. Fer September 15, 2011 at 03:47 #

I love the fabric, and the dress, but her posture, her makeup, her hair, and those ugly shoes, well…. they do nothing for that nice dress.

7. Lucas September 15, 2011 at 03:53 #

don’t forget the highs and lows of this season, fc

• Fashion Critic September 15, 2011 at 04:00 #

lol…already working on it

8. Lucas September 15, 2011 at 04:47 #

yay! <3

9. mj September 15, 2011 at 05:11 #

her hair is always a major letdown. it’s like she just got back from the gym and threw on a designer gown.

10. f4fashion September 15, 2011 at 05:53 #

The dress have such an interesting print and the colors are looking deeper and richer on Lilly. The dress is beyond beautiful IMO. I must say the attitude, hair and make up ruins everything.

• maria September 15, 2011 at 15:54 #

i agree. I think this dress will look better on a girl with different haircolour. There is hardly any contrast between the fabric and her skin and hair.
      I also believe she definitely should have put her hair back to let the painting shine.

11. Emi September 15, 2011 at 08:33 #

I love the dress, the painting and the fabric are really beautiful, but I agree she didn’t sell it. I also don’t like the shoes (which are quite beautiful, but i don’t like the point) with this dress and I don’t like her hair, at all, considering the dress.

12. The Very Simon G September 15, 2011 at 08:44 #

Bloody love her in this! Wow.

13. callmesimon September 15, 2011 at 09:01 #

I think she looks incredible, imposing, aloof. I agree that it could also be taken that she is uninterested and unhappy but I choose not to see it like that because the dress is amaze-balls.

14. Jones19 September 15, 2011 at 10:21 #

I think the dress really comes alive on her. I can’t stop staring at it, such a beautiful creation.

15. mandy September 15, 2011 at 10:44 #

Really ? I absolutely love it on her ! Fierce !

16. D September 15, 2011 at 12:50 #

hair up would have been better

17. Lou September 15, 2011 at 13:10 #

Love the dress and her figure is amazing in it… but the hair and facial expression let this look down

• Alina September 15, 2011 at 14:24 #

I agree.

18. shevelle September 15, 2011 at 13:35 #

Surpised…. My first thought was wow i think she look amazing and love the dress!

19. oh September 15, 2011 at 20:23 #

its hard to fathom that this is a girl who graduated camebridge with a first class degree…she just doesnt look very bright..esp not in her fashion choices.

20. Hannah September 15, 2011 at 22:30 #

I agree I’m nto realing feeling it, and her hair always looks like it was caught in the rain. As for the sellign it to me thing, I agree, to be fair though, she has’t really modelled in about 2 or 3 years if not more, and the pont of comparison is Ajak Deng, so it as gonna be hard from the get-go.