Who Wore Michael Kors Better? Leighton Meester or Beyonce Knowles

Leighton Meester was the first to wear this  Michael Kors floor-length dress from the Pre-Fall 2011 collection to her “The Roommate” LA Premiere earlier this year.

Her black chiffon jersey dress with a leather cut-out bodice looked super hot on Leighton without being overtly sexy.

The actress let the dress to all the talking by not adding any accessories.

Beyonce Knowles wore the same dress to the Tory Burch Madison Avenue Flagship Opening in New York last night.

The mother-to-be added Lorraine Schwartz earrings and an Alexander McQueen knuckle-duster clutch.

For keeping it simple with dramatic results Leighton wins for me.

You can buy this dress from Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International

Credit: Getty

32 thoughts on “Who Wore Michael Kors Better? Leighton Meester or Beyonce Knowles

1. DivaMom

Is this really the maternity style we get to look forward to in Beyonce? Ummmm okay :(

Leighton wins by several miles.

2. gabis

Leighton for sure. I think Beyonce made a very unhappy choice. This dress is no good for a mother-to-be with so many curves.

3. Parvati

I find this dress a rather strange choice for a pregnant woman. Of course, her baby bump isn’t big yet, but still, it seems a bit weird to me. Anyway, style-wise, I definitely prefer Leighton Meester here.

4. justme

For the hair alone, Leighton gets my vote. The straight sleek look works perfectly with the cuts of the dress.
    I’m still waiting on Beyoncé to go a couple of shades darker.

1. Vidhya

it makes me wonder too… i remembered this gossip that Bey wore a prostheitc belly for her big announcement cos she was not pregnant enough… lol.. Anyway, its Leighton all the way..

1. Jones19

Sorry, didn’t mean to offend anyone. I just meant that she hardly looks like she has a bump now when it seemed much bigger and was very visible at the MTV Video Music Awards.

5. Lara

Uhhhh, Bey I love you, but this is NOT the look for a mother-to-be. In fact, I’m not sure this is a look for you period…

6. Jennifer

I don’t know if it’s the angle, or if Beyonce is just too busty for this particular look – because it doesn’t look very flattering on her.

Leighton wins by a long shot for me.

7. Raquel

I didn’t even remember Beyonce was pregnant when I saw this picture, and I find rather interesting that so many people think this is not appropriate for a pregnant woman… who doesn’t even look pregnant in the dress.

Both look great, but Leiton looks better.

8. Lou

I think Ms Knowles is saying to the world “I’m pregnant but I can still get away with showing off some flesh in a sexy gown!” While I don’t think she looks bad, I don’t think this dress does Beyonce justice

9. Pati

Leighton by a mile! I love everything about her look, while I do not like anything in Beyonce´s! It looks tacky on her as she har far too big boobs to wear that kind of dress and her hair and earings look awaful here. They do not complement each other at all.

10. lu

I think they both look good, but Leighton is the best for sure! just because of the hair and no accesories she wins but also, it´s true that Beyonce is too busty for that dress.

11. doc

I didn’t like this look on Leighton. I don’t know. I like the way her character dresses, but she herself is always off the mark on the red carpet. This look made me think of a goth girl going to the prom. I think a sleek ponytail from either ladies would have made it a better look. I don’t have a problem with it on Beyonce. It’s funny that some are saying it’s not a flattering style for a pregnant woman and then others are saying they can’t tell she’s pregnant.

12. pipsqueak

Leighton wins for sure. Please … cut-outs are not intended for a voluptuous body, just like wrap dresses aren’t for a skinny, flat-chested girl.

13. Fiona

Beyonce no no no. This is a tricky time before the bump gets bigger, but overall she is the wrong shape for a cutout dress especially with a tight leather waistband, it simply doesn’t look comfortable. She looked so beautiful at the MTV awards, please let her steer away from this “pregnant but sexy” look.