14.09.11

Rachel Zoe Spring 2012

There was one collection I was really excited to see this season and that was the Rachel Zoe Spring 2012 collection.

She had been quoted as saying she was “terrified” about showing her Spring collection to editors and buyers during Fashion Week.

The stylist/designer had nothing to worry about; the collection was much stronger than the previous season and everyone in the room loved what they were seeing.

Looking through the collection I saw many wearable, fun pieces which will appeal to all types of women of all ages.

Brigitte Bardot in the South of France running around being glamorous in the late 60s, early 70s was the inspiration, so Rachel served up high-waist palazzo pants, tailored tuxedos, jumpsuits, maxi dresses, chic blazers, soft leather jackets, haltered embellished gowns, cute short suit sets, backless evening gowns and leather cropped pants.

If you’re looking for the latest trend, this is not for you.

If you’re looking for modern classics which will last several seasons taking you from the office, to a dinner party, to a friend’s wedding or a glamorous red carpet event then Rachel’s got you covered.

I was lucky enough to talk to Rachel during the presentation. I congratulated her on her amazing collection and she thanked me featuring her “girls.”

I see her girls wearing many of the pieces. Cameron would look great in Look 8.

Team Rachel Zoe told me I would look great in Look 21. I would be happy to snap up all the pieces. It’s all one needs for next summer.

Key accessories included totes, clutches and shoes by Rachel Zoe, plus vintage sunglasses from Silver Linings NYC Opticians.

[nggallery id=982]

Favourites: Ruby forest decore t-shirt and maxi skirt and royal blue jumpsuit

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Cameron Diaz, Molly Sims, Amber Heard, Selena Gomez, Kate Cassidy, Mila Kunis, Evan Rachel Wood, Nikki Reed, Blake Lively, Liv Tyler and Sophia Bush

Michelle Monaghan In Prada - Creative Coalition's 2011 Spotlight Initiative Awards

Michelle Monaghan In Prada – Creative Coalition’s 2011 Spotlight Initiative Awards

Emily Blunt In Christian Cota - "Salmon Fishing In The Yemen" After Party Toronto Film Festival

Emily Blunt In Christian Cota – “Salmon Fishing In The Yemen” After Party Toronto Film Festival

10 Responses to Rachel Zoe Spring 2012

1. Kin September 14, 2011 at 12:38 #

I think look 27 would look stunning on you as well

2. Jones19 September 14, 2011 at 13:59 #

I can totally see Cameron in look 8 and you in look 21. Rachel is going from strength to strength, I like this collection a lot.

3. Courteney September 14, 2011 at 14:33 #

I absolutely love this collection. It is simple and chic. Her “girls” will look stunning wearing this collection as will you FC!

• Fashion Critic September 14, 2011 at 16:15 #

Kind words…thank you

4. roxana September 14, 2011 at 15:48 #

i wasnt’t impressed!

5. Elaine2 September 14, 2011 at 16:36 #

I like that structured bag on your first photo, and even though I’m not a jumpsuit person, that blue jumpsuit has some nice design features. I guess I should go in and look at the entire collection.

6. Alina September 14, 2011 at 17:54 #

The ruby forest decore t-shirt and maxi skirt is my favourite. I can see Kate Hudson in it – with a messy ponytail and sultry makeup.

7. maria September 14, 2011 at 17:59 #

i like her collection a lot. It’s very personable, i can see her wear personally most of the looks.

8. robbie September 14, 2011 at 18:39 #

was expecting more from her collection but it feels like a bit of a let down.

9. mochababe73 September 14, 2011 at 18:50 #

I like this collection better than the last one, but I still find her clothing to be overpriced. For me, it would have to be something really special to drop say $600 on a pair of pants. Yes, her looks are classic. However, classic looks can be bought at a lower price point and still have good quality from a reputable designer.
    I wish her good luck with the line, and I hope that it’s selling. I know that this is something that she’s been wanting to do for a long time.