13.09.11 Premiere

Madonna was at the Toronto Film Festival yesterday to promote her new movie, “W.E.”

The singer, who directed the movie, arrived at the press conference wearing a YSL Resort 2012 ensemble.

A red wool top with gathered sleeves was paired with a black perforated cotton skirt with lace effect

A black patent belt and YSL Tribute pumps completed her look.

For the Premiere, she stepped things up several notches in a Tom Ford Fall 2011 dress.

Her dress features a sheer black overlay with a round neckline, long sleeves and black trim detail on the bodice. It also has a sheer panel around above the hemline.

Madonna accessorized with fishnet tights, black ankle strap pumps and diamond jewelry including drop earrings and a “WE” pendant, in a nod to the movie.

Even though Madonna’s look consists of mostly black, I like her Premiere look.

Ravishing red lipstick helps win me over, as does her 40s-inspired hairstyle which is gorgeous too.

Credit: Getty

Carolina Herrera Spring 2012

Carolina Herrera Spring 2012

Elizabeth Olsen In Carven - Vanity Fair Celebrates "Martha Marcy May Marlene"

Elizabeth Olsen In Carven – Vanity Fair Celebrates “Martha Marcy May Marlene”

11 Responses to Madonna In YSL & Tom Ford – “W.E.” Toronto Film Festival Press Conference & Premiere

1. mol September 13, 2011 at 18:11 #

Wow – I love the Tom Ford look. Yes it’s black but done in a very sophisticated way with lots of great details, I love her lippie and hair too, very chic!

2. Nat39 September 13, 2011 at 18:15 #

Like both looks, absolutely perfect from head to toe (except for the distracting strap across her red top, which I adore, but it`s minor). Perfect, really like, bravo!

3. Emi September 13, 2011 at 18:20 #

I quite like the first outfit, even if the belt is quite nonsense, considering that it’s supposed to be on the skirt and not up (I hope i explained well). I lobe black so I like the second outfit even if I don’t understand the necklace under the sheer neckline. I also think that ankle strap shoes are not very flattering for short women, Mary-Jane are better.

4. Jones19 September 13, 2011 at 19:35 #

She looks sensational! Love the premiere look.

5. Alexandra September 13, 2011 at 20:19 #

finally she discovered what works for her, after all those years…

6. The Very Simon G September 13, 2011 at 20:53 #

Finally dressing for age, Madge! Well done. And glad you’ve lost the ridic sunglasses!!!!

• Alina September 14, 2011 at 18:28 #

I agree. Finally.

7. tima September 13, 2011 at 21:41 #

the first look reminds me of Helen Mirren and how wonderfully she can manage to give a proper age look. Madonna is looking old for me.

8. maria September 13, 2011 at 21:54 #

i love the tom ford look. I also love her hair at the moment.

Great look for her.

9. Jimmy September 13, 2011 at 23:48 #

I love the Tom Ford look! She looks amazing in this dress and I am really loving her hair and makeup right now.

10. DivaDebbi September 14, 2011 at 01:19 #

I think she looks like a secretary in the first look.
    Everything about the premiere look is divine including her hair and makeup. Madonna’s veiney arms can sometimes be scary. This is a great alternative!