Abbie Cornish In Elie Saab – “W.E.” Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Last night Abbie Cornish was sitting front row at the Tommy Hilfiger Spring 2012 presentation during New York Fashion Week, tonight she’s attending the Toronto Film Festival Premiere of her latest movie, “W.E.”

She was radiant wearing an Elie Saab Spring 2009 gown.

I love that she went back into the archives to pick this ivory beaded gown with a tiered chiffon overlay detail.

This is one gown that should be worn on the red carpet.

Some of you may argue that she maybe a tad overdressed for Toronto, but if I was given this gown I would want to wear it on the first possible occasion.

Tumbling waves fell down her back as she accessorized with a silver clutch and silver jewels.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emily Blunt In Prada - "Your Sister's Sister" Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Emily Blunt In Prada – “Your Sister’s Sister” Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Lucy Liu In 3.1 Phillip Lim - Katie Gallagher Presentation

Lucy Liu In 3.1 Phillip Lim – Katie Gallagher Presentation

25 Responses to Abbie Cornish In Elie Saab – “W.E.” Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Linda September 13, 2011 at 00:40 #

Ah, she looks beautiful! I live an hour’s drive from Toronto and I’m very pleased she pulled out the stops for this occasion. This dress is gorgeous and unique and she looks happy and radiant.

2. TeaAtTwo September 13, 2011 at 00:53 #

She looks beautiful. I wish she had done something like this with her her hair when she wore the atelier Versace at Venice.

3. Gigi September 13, 2011 at 01:02 #

I don’t like her pantie line… that I believe I see there. Oh I hope not! I cringe.

4. DivaDebbi (blog) September 13, 2011 at 01:03 #

Loved the gown on the runway as it appeared richer, and less ivory. Abby’s hair and makeup are gorgeous. G-d help me, for saying this but I think she looks a little too wide through the hips in this gown. Most importantly, she looks happy and radiant.

5. Kaylie September 13, 2011 at 01:14 #

If this is overdressed, then I wish *everyone* would overdress at this festival! haha

6. Maria September 13, 2011 at 01:24 #

i think hair and makeupwise it’s the best i have ever seen her.

7. justme September 13, 2011 at 01:51 #

The 2nd shot is so pretty. Her hair and make-up look amazing.
    The dress seems a little snug around the hips on Abbie but I still like it.

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2011 at 06:07 #

I agree…Love the hair…will try to recreate

8. Emma September 13, 2011 at 02:08 #

I *love* this. She looks absolutely stunning. Dress, hair, clutch, earrings, makeup – everything is perfect.

9. Lily September 13, 2011 at 03:42 #

I like the back of this gown much more than the front. The bib isn’t flattering. Her hair is amazing.

10. Yaas September 13, 2011 at 04:37 #

She looks beautiful and not overdressed (TIFF is the most important and biggest film festival-250 movies in 11 days this year- in North America, usually film critics make their first list for Oscar nominations after this festival). The color is not easy to pull off, and the light and photographer angle could have been more helpful.

11. unvacuous September 13, 2011 at 05:01 #

I really love this on her, I think this hairstyle is really becoming for her shape face. The more structured dresses she has been wearing really emphasize her athletic build but the flowingness of this one is very pretty and flattering.

12. Emi September 13, 2011 at 08:37 #

Stunning. I’m starting to think that Elie Saab is the new Valentino, his gown are amazing, so chic and feminine like Valentino’s.

13. Gina September 13, 2011 at 11:14 #

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy or view Elie Saab dresses online? I see from his website he has stores in Lebanon and France, I live in Australia! Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

14. Parvati September 13, 2011 at 11:21 #

Perfect!

15. Alina September 13, 2011 at 12:41 #

Stunning !

BDOTW contender for me.

16. robbie September 13, 2011 at 14:04 #

i thought this was kylie at first.

abbie is looking beautiful in that dress.

17. DivaMom September 13, 2011 at 14:46 #

This dress is lost on such a bright, daytime hour. I am living for it on that model though! Amazing!

18. Sea September 13, 2011 at 17:46 #

my jaw dropped when i saw these pictures. i want the dress! her hair looks gorgeous too!

19. Nat39 September 13, 2011 at 18:04 #

Very pretty and feminine look, love the hairstyle. But personally, find her untoned chubby-looking arms, rather short neck, and outlined thick tummy and hips distracting. Would love to see this gown on Naomi Watts/Nicole Kidman who could take this look to a goddesslike level.

20. Lucía September 13, 2011 at 19:07 #

Yeah, I agree, maybe a little bit overdressed, but it’s gorgeous anyway. And it works because it’s kind of a simple gown, no too much going on.

21. dunzoo September 13, 2011 at 22:59 #

it doesn’t suit her very well.. beautiful on Tanya tough

22. CB September 13, 2011 at 23:41 #

I think what always sells me on Abbie Cornish’s outfits is that she always has a big smile on her face, like she’s genuinely happy and thankful to be there. My smile would be that big if I ever went near an Elie Saab, let alone WORE one!

23. Mia Spring September 14, 2011 at 04:08 #

amazingly beautiful~~ this will be one of my favo over the year