Chloe Moretz In Valentino – “Hick” Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Chloe Moretz is currently promoting her new movie “Hick” at the 2011 Toronto Film Festival.

For the premiere yesterday, the fourteen-year old actress chose a very grown-up sheer and leather Valentino Pre-Fall 2011 dress.

Her ensemble features a lace corset worn underneath a sheer polka-dot blouse with black trim on the sleeves, tucked into a high-waist leather skirt. She opted not to wear the Peter Pan collar as presented on the model.

Chloe’s provocative look was accessorized with nude Mary-Jane heels and violet nail polish.

She also added smoky eyes and styled her hair into a centre-parted ponytail.

I definitely think this is too revealing and sexy for someone as young as Chloe.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

US Open Style: Anna Wintour In YSL

US Open Style: Anna Wintour In YSL

Atelier Versace Fall 2011

Atelier Versace Fall 2011

49 Responses to Chloe Moretz In Valentino – “Hick” Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Sonia September 12, 2011 at 17:34 #

She does look gorgeous but I agree, this is much better suited for an older actress. She is far too young to wear something as revealing as this. Heck, I probably wouldn’t wear something as revealing as this and I’m 8 years older than her!

2. BeatofA September 12, 2011 at 17:36 #

she moved waayy to fast to the vampy sex kitten……this would look great on emma watson tho!

3. Giuseppi Giraffe September 12, 2011 at 17:36 #

She shoulda kept the collar- removing that alone ups the age on this. I agree; it looks too revealing. Otherwise it would have been cute, she’s just too young for it.

4. Hannah September 12, 2011 at 17:37 #

I just amnot a fan of this look at all, especially on Chloe. I really don’t get why she ahs started doign this desperate sexy thign over the last year, because only a few months ago she was the cool, uber talented indie kid that everyone seemed to liek, and I jsut find i tso difficult ot like her anymore. The posing and th epouting is worse than even Miley Cyrus’s worst days, including the Valentino at the oscars desperation fest. I really hope she gets over this phase, and that it is jsut a phase, it all reminds me too much of Lindsay Lohan / Taylro momsen and Miley Cyrus.

5. maria September 12, 2011 at 17:38 #

the only thing that would make this a bit age appropriate, i.e. the collar was taken out.

Considering that Valentino has so many girlie and flirty looks, this is a travesty. What is the rush girl, you have so many years to dress up. And at this age you can get away with so many cute looks you will be later to old for…..For shame.

• Jen September 12, 2011 at 18:10 #

Her parents should be ashamed. I know kids push the boundaries and 14 now doesn’t look anything like it did when I was 14, but the parents should be there saying “no.”

• JR September 12, 2011 at 20:36 #

Ashamed? lol

She’s a successful actress wearing a dress to a premiere of one of her movies. She’s not parading around 42nd Street looking for a john.

Good grief.

• smolls September 12, 2011 at 23:48 #

I think you’re underplaying this a bit…the dress, hair, makeup & pose are too much for a 14 year old. And yes, her parents should be keeping a closer eye on her. I feel another Lindsay Lohan coming our way…but I really, really hope not since this girl is quite talented…

• JR September 13, 2011 at 00:15 #

That is your opinion, smolls’s. I’ve seen dozens of comments elsewhere, many from parents, who have zero problem with her look. Her parents need to keep an eye on her? Uh, her mother was with her at the premiere. Do you think Chloe lives by herself? And the Lohan comparisons are laughable. That kid was out of control and had a screwed up family. Moretz’s situation is the complete antithesis.

• Natalie September 13, 2011 at 04:20 #

agreed. the comments here are so hypocritical.

• Jen September 13, 2011 at 05:36 #

Point taken .. but when your 14 year old reminds people of Lindsay Lohan, you should be concerned.

6. Parvati September 12, 2011 at 17:45 #

I agree that this look is too daring for her age. The dress is very nice and sexy, but we should have seen in on someone older than her.

• Parvati September 12, 2011 at 17:46 #

seen it*

7. Henrique September 12, 2011 at 17:47 #

She looks like a Blake Lively in the making. Don’t like this look and unfortunately the pout is back :(

• Megan September 12, 2011 at 22:03 #

I was thinking the same thing and they are starring in the same movie.Chloe already uses the same pose and eventhough a sexy look MAY workfor Blake Chloe is 14!

8. lola September 12, 2011 at 17:48 #

i do agree so much with you on this. i think this is sad.

• Hannah September 12, 2011 at 18:08 #

I agree – it’s truly tragic.

9. Kate September 12, 2011 at 17:50 #

Jeesh. The skirt is too tight and short for a start plus its LEATHER!! Waaaaay too old for her.

10. Emi September 12, 2011 at 17:50 #

If a 20something years old girl wore this, I would say “Great look”, even if I would have preferred other shoes. But she’14 and this look is insane.

11. justme September 12, 2011 at 17:59 #

I could live with the outfit because it lost any possible sex appeal with those Mary Janes. That and the fact that she’s a 14 y-o with a body of a 14 y-o so there’s really nothing to see here, which makes her look even more ridiculous but I digress.
    What bothers me is the pout. Why is she doing that?

12. robbie September 12, 2011 at 18:05 #

it is like looking at a mini hooker.

i really hate the direction valentino has been taking lately, it has gone from classic to cheap.

13. DivaDebbi (blog) September 12, 2011 at 18:08 #

I’m with FC, Emi and Just Me.
    She’s got years before she should look like this. I much prefer how someone like Hailee Steinfeld approaches fashion…she should take notes.

• Natalie September 13, 2011 at 04:12 #

Hailee dresses too old for her age too, but not in the ‘sexy’ way, in the ‘grandma’ way, more like

14. LizLemooooon September 12, 2011 at 18:15 #

I don’t care if the outfit is great, it’s just really inappropriate and overly sexualised. I feel bad for her if she’s already trying this hard at 14 but it’s not shocking, that industry is notorious for how it forces young women to sexualise themselves too quickly or in ways that aren’t natural.
    Urgh, this picture actually makes me uncomfortable.

15. JR September 12, 2011 at 18:19 #

Can someone explain to me what exactly they think standing with a hand on a hip or doing the “fierce” look at the camera that young girls do these days is supposed to lead to? Listening to this, you’d think she’s going to be selling her body and joining Charlie Sheen in a coke session any day now.

Incidentally, I don’t care for the dress itself.

• Georgia September 12, 2011 at 23:19 #

The reaction is not just about her but about an image she projects of a sexualized 14-year old, which reflects upon society as a whole. And yeah, some of those young girls will end up in compromised positions–although perhaps not with Charlie Sheen–because they emulated someone in the public sphere who set an example by suggesting this kind of look is “okay.”

• JR September 13, 2011 at 00:23 #

I’ve followed her very closely for a year. Her supposed sexualized image is news to me.

16. Molly September 12, 2011 at 18:25 #

I think she is kind of pulling this off! I agree with justme, that the shoes really ratchet down the sexiness. At first glance, I had an issue with the shoes because they look like tap or character dance shoes in that nude color – but they do make the look less vampy overall, which is good in this case. This is a girl who wears clothes beautifully. If she were a model rather than an actress we would not have issue with the age. We just happen to be aware of the age here.

• Nat39 September 12, 2011 at 19:35 #

The “children`s dance studio” shoes do take quite a bit of sexiness away from the dress but for me it has the opposite effect – instead of making it sort of work for her age, they only remind of her being too young for this look. The sexiness of the dress should be complimented not taken away, otherwise, better wear some other less sexy dress or at least keep the PP collar.

17. Rose September 12, 2011 at 18:39 #

It’s a gorgeous dress but’s it’s definitely too much for a 14-year-old girl. She should live her age and wear more girlie dresses.

18. Nat39 September 12, 2011 at 19:21 #

Didn`t really know her age at 1st so the kid-friendly shoes with this sexy sans childish Peter Pan collar version threw me off the look immediately, stick out as a “childish sore thumb“ here.
    Now, considering her age, she probably should`ve kept the collar to get away with this kind of look.

19. JacobGH September 12, 2011 at 19:32 #

I say she looks great. I don’t really care that she’s maybe a tad young. The look is certainly sexy but not to any extreme in my opinion. I mean, her body is just as covered up if not more so than it would be in more “age-appropriate” outfits.

20. Leslie September 12, 2011 at 19:58 #

Serious fashion doesn’t need to be sexy… Terrible styling for a 14 year old. No one that young needs so much make up, and I find the hairstyle much too edgy as well. I wonder if people felt uncomfortable around her with such a lolita appeal going on!!

• JR September 12, 2011 at 20:42 #

Considering everyone who meets her praises her to the hilt, I’d say no, people aren’t uncomfortable.

I wish a link had been left to more photos from the event because there are plenty of her smiling and playing around like a normal kid. I don’t get why the serious ones are always chosen.

• JR September 12, 2011 at 21:04 #

Whoops, I guess the photo itself is a link. My apologies. Many of the less serious shots aren’t at the link, unfortunately.

21. Shauni212 September 12, 2011 at 20:29 #

This dress should have been worn by Kiera Knightley. It would have been perfect!

22. MichelleTina September 12, 2011 at 20:42 #

I agree with all who said the shoes bring down the “sexiness”. Also, I think her posing is the real problem. Someone needs to talk to this girl. And it’s not just about her age, this posing is just as ridiculous as some of the grown-up attention seekers we see on carpets.

• JR September 12, 2011 at 22:14 #

Could you tell me what problems posing present? I can’t get anyone to tell me. Seriously, what exactly do you think that portends?

• G September 13, 2011 at 02:15 #

The posing is part and parcel of the premature play at ‘sexiness’ that comes with a 14-year-old girl wearing a dress like this. The pouting, the sucking in and pushing out–they just emphasize the ‘sexy’ and her body and make it even more inappropriate.

This girl really makes me appreciate (even more) Hailee Steinfeld and the Fanning sisters on the red carpet. When you compare this sort of display from Moretz with those other girls, it seems clear that Moretz is at least at more RISK of going down the Lohan way. Hopefully not, but she sure has a head start…

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2011 at 06:06 #

“This girl really makes me appreciate (even more) Hailee Steinfeld and the Fanning sisters on the red carpet. ”

AGREED

• JR September 13, 2011 at 08:18 #

Lohan has had drug and theft issues. I’m supposed to believe that Moretz is going to get into these things because she poses? What about all the 20 and 30-something women who pose that way when photographed? Are they all drugged out kleptos?

This is like some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy by proxy. Five years from now, Moretz will still be posing and still be known as one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people in Hollywood, and the same people will still be saying she’s a future Lohan.

23. Rebecca Z September 12, 2011 at 22:31 #

Just not appropriate for someone her age. I have a granddaughter this age and I know she would love to wear this, but I sure hope her parents would say no–let’s find something fun but not so sexy.

24. Carmen September 13, 2011 at 00:18 #

I completely agree. Too inappropriate. I’m getting sick of her pout. You’re a teenager! No need.

25. Cara September 13, 2011 at 03:29 #

when you first look at her you think wow what a great look… then you find out shes 14 and its just wrong

26. Natalie September 13, 2011 at 04:14 #

I think it’s the styling that everyone is making a fuss about, the dress is not a sexy dress at all. If she let her hair down and did clean, simple make up, all of you would not be making such a big fuss.

And what is the deal about the posing? This is just standard red carpet posing. She can lose the pout, but other than that, everyone poses like that on the red carpet.

27. Ayesha September 13, 2011 at 10:56 #

this is a bit too much and i hate that pout!

• rebecca o September 13, 2011 at 12:32 #

Agreed.

• Alina September 13, 2011 at 12:36 #

28. billy October 25, 2011 at 00:01 #

Wrong to say she looks hot? So what if she is 14, there can be sexy 14 year old’s.