11.09.11

Victoria Beckham Spring 2012

I was really excited to attend my first ever Victoria Beckham presentation during New York Fashion Week this morning.

It seems like my anticipation was shared because everyone arrived very early which almost never happens.

The show started just after 10am following 2 moments of silence in observance of the tenth anniversary of 9/11 at 9.59am and 10.03am.

Once again Victoria took things to another level with this classic sporty collection.

Her signature exposed zippers and figure hugging dresses were on display, but she also presented some drop-waist dresses with feather light pleated skirts – which were super cute – and elegant sporty outerwear.

Oversized jackets with hoods and zippers were paired with short tennis style skirts and leather caps by Stephen Jones.

Colour-blocking continues for Spring 2012 as Mrs Beckham combined zesty orange with navy blue on both dresses and bags.

Speaking of bags I was sitting next to Tina from BagSnob.com who was raving about how the bags are of a quality which she’s only seen at Celine and Hermes, and she knows her stuff.

The bag collection ranged from oversized totes, to VB’s signature structured clutches, to supple leather shoulder bags which some models carried as clutches with the chain wrapped around their wrists.

The other key accessories were the Christian Louboutin shoes. Pumps with a leather ankle cuffs and gladiator flats were presented.

Click here to see the finale.

Front Row: Every major editor and buyer

Favourites: orange and navy colour-block dress, drop-waist white gown and drop-waist mini dress with pleated skirt

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Cameron Diaz, Eva Mendes, Cate Blanchett, Gisele Bündchen, Emma Stone, Paz Vega, Kate Winslet, Eva Longoria, Kate Beckinsale, Leighton Meester, Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana, Jennifer Aniston, Megan Fox and Ashley Greene

[nggallery id=977]

Credit: Getty

Jessica Alba In Skies Are Blue & J Brand - Piperlime Event

Jessica Alba In Skies Are Blue & J Brand – Piperlime Event

Demi Lovato In Maria Lucia Hohan - 2011 ALMA Awards

Demi Lovato In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2011 ALMA Awards

36 Responses to Victoria Beckham Spring 2012

1. Badaboum September 11, 2011 at 19:24 #

Oh… I have seen the slideshow on style.com and I am a bit disapointed. I was really exicted to see the new collection but, apart from the figure hugging dresses and some of the coats, I am hardly impressed. She definitely took things to an other level, but I am not sure this is a good thing…
    Did you like it? How was the general impression after the show?

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2011 at 19:36 #

I loved it.

I found many pieces I could wear on a day to day basis.

On my budget if I buy a VB dress I want to wear it more than once. I can do that with this collection, like Fall.

2. lilflowa September 11, 2011 at 19:33 #

SO SO excited for you FC that you got to attend! Makes me feel proud from the popsugar days. Aww :)

And Loving the bags more so. Love the Orange and navy dress! Gorgeous!

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2011 at 19:36 #

I know…It was an honour to be invited.

• Dorian Gray September 11, 2011 at 20:05 #

You deserve this invite so much FC. I was so exited for you, I even tweeted to you :-)

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2011 at 21:42 #

thanks Dorian

3. Tara September 11, 2011 at 19:38 #

Truly surprised by how good this collection is! She didnt lose her VB feel either, its just more sharply fashion forward than before,s ow ell done. And the bags,? Oh the bags! Wonderful, i also am MAD about the shoes!

Interesting you mentiod Stone as a celeb you could see in this, em too! I would just add Tilda Swinton, come on! She would rock so many of the looks!

4. Henrique September 11, 2011 at 19:38 #

Look 6 screams Eva Mendes.

5. M.B September 11, 2011 at 19:40 #

Not that I doubted it anymore but she really is a good designer to me! This is both impressive and pleasant…

6. Vidhya September 11, 2011 at 19:47 #

I’m so excited for u.. and so very happy.. the collection is good.. was hoping for some bright colours tho.. what was VB wearing?

• nokia September 12, 2011 at 20:11 #

Hi FC,

Yes what did VB wear to the show? The pink victoria by VB dress?

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2011 at 21:42 #

It was navy and the venue was dark so it could’ve been From either line

7. vicky September 11, 2011 at 20:02 #

Happy for your first invite to VB!
    I like the more youthful look, however there is a few question marks IMO. But all in all another strong collection from Victoria.

8. Tamia September 11, 2011 at 20:05 #

So glad you had a great time FC, that said those shoes are the damn ugliest shoes I’ve ever seen in my life-think the hormones brought on by her pregnancy has brought on a rather wacky collection

9. Emi September 11, 2011 at 20:06 #

I’m not impressed, at all. Her clothes cost more than other brands’ and they’re too simple, or not flattering. Some of them seem a deja vu. But I must admit that the bags are quite beautiful. I would be surprised of the contrary, since she collects Hermès’ bags.

10. Tania September 11, 2011 at 20:12 #

Wow, you went to your 1st VB presentation, congratulations i’m so happy for you , well deserved x

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2011 at 21:06 #

Thanks…I was very happy to be invited

11. marina September 11, 2011 at 21:20 #

tnks for the review, FC. it was nice to see what VB has been up to!

12. Lee Ann September 11, 2011 at 21:20 #

This collection doesn’t speak to me at all. Plus the fit and tailoring doesn ‘t look strong at least from the photographs maybe it was better in the flesh

13. peach September 11, 2011 at 22:12 #

I was SO excited for you when I heard you were there. I miss your VB blog every day. ;)

• Fashion Critic September 11, 2011 at 22:18 #

You are too cute x Thank you x

14. nkgotho matlou September 11, 2011 at 22:27 #

the only thing i love in the collection,handbags they are hottest!!!!congrats on the invite!!!!!

15. TeaAtTwo September 12, 2011 at 03:21 #

Congratulations FC. Take that snobby magazine editors.

• TeaAtTwo September 12, 2011 at 03:22 #

P.S. I love that she’s taken a new direction this season.

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2011 at 03:52 #

lol..you are funny

16. Karen September 12, 2011 at 04:41 #

I love Victoria’s designs as I have dresses from each of her collections but I have to say that I don’t see much today that I like as before. Her Fall 2010 seems to be her best collection so far. She does release dresses that didn’t appear on her runway shows so I hope that those will be better.

17. M September 12, 2011 at 05:43 #

To each his/ her own… But I would like to say that VB is growing as a designer… She is showing her flexibility as a designer, but not losing her trademark… As she tries newer things each season, not everyone may be receptive to it… But I strongly support her collection… It’s far from being boring and one should really look at her clothes and bags in person (the detailing and quality is really good!)…

18. Erini September 12, 2011 at 05:47 #

Love this collection, she has really progressed as a designer and has taken it to another level!

19. Alina September 12, 2011 at 12:01 #

The drop-waist white gown for Blake Lively.

• Tamia September 12, 2011 at 12:28 #

No babe,blake is too thick in the waist to pull the look off,,Cate blanchet would be a better choice

20. Fashion Interlude September 12, 2011 at 12:44 #

Love love love this collection, she has really progressed as a designer and has taken it to another level! Only thing i’m not a fan off are the hats, but i get the point…sporty, but otherwise i love everything else, I’m loving the new sort of trend she might be doing, very young and easy springs, and formal chic fall collections.

21. ahot September 12, 2011 at 13:37 #

@ M., you took the words right of my mind.
    & once again pleased to see FC established as a force to reckon with.One step closer to the stylist job!
    Was A. Wintour there too? Now THAT would be recognition for VB

22. Courteney September 12, 2011 at 15:47 #

I love her line. This collection is one of my favorites.

23. Caligirl September 12, 2011 at 19:44 #

I am so happy for you that you were invited and jealous at the same time!!

Love the collection, and I am dying to get my hands on one of her bags. It will probably never happen, but a girl can dream, lol!!

24. Dani September 12, 2011 at 22:53 #

I have many of her dresses as they flatter a woman with curves. However as beautiful as they look I am unsure this will be the case with this collection. The orange and navy dress is lovely but.Also just to note the cost of her dresses for fall 2011 increased dramatically.

25. Roxanna October 1, 2011 at 15:57 #

what can you tell me about the leather pants that wrap around the bottom of the shoes.. it looks like boots, both colors are awesome. and also the ankle ones as well what are those called?