Kate Mara attended the “Ides Of March” Toronto Film Festival Premiere held at Roy Thompson Hall on Friday.

The red-headed actress chose a pretty Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2011 dress.

Her sheer nude with a black tulle overlay is embellished with black paillettes.

Kate accessorized her look with a cream clutch and nude peep-toe heels.

The dress is really nice, but I find her basic accessories uninspiring.

She completed her look by wearing her auburn locks in a side fishtail braid.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann - "We Need To Talk About Kevin" Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – “We Need To Talk About Kevin” Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Leighton Meester In Carven - Tiffany's & Co. Fashion's Night Out

Leighton Meester In Carven – Tiffany’s & Co. Fashion’s Night Out

12 Responses to Kate Mara In Christian Dior – “Ides Of March” 2011 Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. aisha September 10, 2011 at 04:35 #

not a lot of celebrities in my opinion have been able to carry the dress well..sonam wore it in her photoshoot and so did elizabetta canalis here,,but all seem to for the obvious reason switch on their softer side but this dress needs a bit more fun to it..

2. Emmeline September 10, 2011 at 05:19 #

I love the dress and the hair, but everything else is just so… plain.

3. Alina September 10, 2011 at 07:00 #

This is a good look for her.

4. Gaber September 10, 2011 at 07:38 #

The idea behind the dress is insane – I am completely and utterly in love.
    But the execution is lacking.

5. bec September 10, 2011 at 08:21 #

I find the Mara girls have no energy on the red carpet…I want to like what they wear, but they are so uninspiring to me?? :(

6. SkirtTheIssue September 10, 2011 at 08:30 #

Just gorgeous! I love the simple accessories, the dress is very ornate without tricking it up to much (though I wish the clutch was nude or black, the cream is a bit off)

Between Naomi and Kate today, what an end to the week!

7. Emi September 10, 2011 at 09:00 #

The dress is cute, but the accessories are meh… Most of all the shoes. I think it’s not a well styled look, considering accessories, hair and make up.

8. Carolina September 10, 2011 at 10:46 #

I definitely agree! It’s a gorgeous dress, and one look at the model’s styling shows how it calls out for a more 20s vibe. The model’s shoes and hair, in particular, suit the dress. Kate cannot really carry this off as styled.

• Nat39 September 10, 2011 at 21:24 #

Would love to see this look as presented on the model on someone more mature who can actually carry it to perfection which I don`t think Kate is simply capable of regardless of how it`s styled.

• Rebecca Z September 11, 2011 at 00:22 #

Yes–it is a gorgeous dress, but it is kind of wearing her.

9. anna September 10, 2011 at 22:08 #

j’adore this dress! graceous!

10. Carmen September 12, 2011 at 03:22 #

I think she looks really amazing in this dress. I’m okay with the shoes, but I dislike her clutch. I would’ve liked to see a more intricate, black clutch.