10.09.11

Evan Rachel Wood opted for a seriously masculine look on the red carpet for the “Ides Of March” Toronto Film Festival Premeire on Friday.

She chose Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2011 suit.

Her pinstripe two piece suit was worn over a crisp white shirt.

The actress accessorized her on-trend look with black pumps and a pork pie hat which many of the models wore on the runway.

Evan’s signature is becoming manlier with each red carpet appearance.

I wish she would tone it down just a tad with some feminine touches.

A sexy pair of heels would have balanced out this look and made it more appealing to me.

Credit: Getty

Rebecca Taylor Spring 2012

Rebecca Taylor Spring 2012

Rachel Bilson In Vanessa Bruno - Sunglass Hut Fashion's Night Out

Rachel Bilson In Vanessa Bruno – Sunglass Hut Fashion’s Night Out

34 Responses to Evan Rachel Wood In Dolce & Gabbana – “Ides of March” Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Elaine2 September 10, 2011 at 15:46 #

Agreed. Different shoes, a great clutch, and maybe a strand of awesome pearls on that shirt would do the trick for me.

2. Mario September 10, 2011 at 15:52 #

Poor thing, did she run out of makeup to cover that herpes on her mouth?

• Marianne September 10, 2011 at 16:27 #

She was actually elbowed in the face while dancing at a nightclub. Her lip was cut and she lost a tooth.

So…

• LizLemooooon September 10, 2011 at 16:49 #

It’s not herpes, how rude. She got elbowed in the face at a nightclub and lost a tooth. The tooth has been replaced but she couldn’t cover up cut because it would get infected.
      I thought it was obvious that you shouldn’t put make up on wounds?

• Gigi September 11, 2011 at 00:45 #

Suggesting she had a cold sore (herpes) isn’t rude. I get them – about once a year – around my mouth and it looks just like that. I thought that is what she had, and I felt her pain.

• Zineb September 10, 2011 at 17:28 #

It’s not a herpes, she got elbowed in the mouth by someone in a cafe & lost a tooth , that’s how she got that thing. It was primarly announced that she was going to skip the premiere cause of the incident . :)

• mj September 10, 2011 at 17:51 #

apparently she got elbowed in the face accidentally and it knocked a tooth out and busted her lip

• Kin September 10, 2011 at 19:56 #

That’s extremely rude. They’re humans as well

3. Meh September 10, 2011 at 15:58 #

I agree with everything you said. I nice pair of heels would have accented the suit nicely – as well as soften the look. I’m not fond of the hat, however. I think it’s too much.

4. LizLemooooon September 10, 2011 at 16:11 #

I love the fact that it’s so androgynous and because she’s not going for something obviously feminine (e.g. not wearing a shirt under the jacket) or pretty heels and make up the look is even sexier. It’s strong, chic, on trend and she’s working the hell out of it!
    LOVE this look.

• Jen September 10, 2011 at 17:26 #

• Linda September 10, 2011 at 18:30 #

• TeaAtTwo September 10, 2011 at 20:06 #

5. Alyssa September 10, 2011 at 16:16 #

hate it.

6. Emi September 10, 2011 at 16:16 #

I agree with you, but I like this outfit anyway. I mean, she’s so beautiful and feminine that she can pull off this outfits quite easily. I wish we’ll see her soon in more feminine outfits, though.

7. robbie September 10, 2011 at 16:18 #

is that a cold sore?

again when i saw the picture from the eyes up i thought “julie andrews” the masculine look is good, but becoming a little boring coming from evan.

• Jen September 10, 2011 at 17:26 #

There was a report that she was elbowed in the face while at a club in Toronto and actually lost a tooth …

• robbie September 10, 2011 at 17:56 #

ouch, either way it looks quite sore. hope she is alright.

8. Alina September 10, 2011 at 16:27 #

She needs to stop !

9. 2c September 10, 2011 at 16:49 #

Girl is werking that cold sore

• Kate September 10, 2011 at 18:01 #

Ha! I love that she’s so ‘whatever’ about it, i like her, the outfit….. not so much

10. Naomi September 10, 2011 at 17:15 #

I love this look. Man, this woman knows how to work a suit. Very nice.

11. mol September 10, 2011 at 17:28 #

I agree Zarina, different shoes would have made the outfit – I still love it, but the right shoes would have sealed the deal.

12. Sharon September 10, 2011 at 18:14 #

A better shoe choice would’ve been nice, but I still think she looks terrific.

13. Parvati September 10, 2011 at 18:47 #

Well, the masculine look definitely works for her, but I agree that a sexy pair of heels would be perfect with this outfit. And at first, I didn’t notice the hat, because it blended with the background and I only noticed it when I read your review. I wish she hadn’t worn it, it’s just too much.

14. Tahj September 10, 2011 at 19:40 #

I feel like this girl doesn’t know how she is! She was during the goth look, then she was doing the old hollywood look and now she’s trying to do the masculine look that Tilda Swinton did so much better.

15. justme September 10, 2011 at 19:47 #

Her style always matches her significant other’s so I don’t expect her to switch the masculine thing anytime soon.

16. Nat39 September 10, 2011 at 19:58 #

What I really like about this is the fit – fantastic! those pants – fab. fit, pefect length for once (unlike other celebs. in masculine looks), Thx, Evan!
    However, def. needs some feminine touches, agree, would`ve made the whole look more appealing. The overwhelming masculinity can throw me off the look just

• Nat39 September 10, 2011 at 20:01 #

…as easily as the over- the- top bordering on tacky sexiness.

17. chocolatepluscheese September 10, 2011 at 20:28 #

Even though the suit is masculine, it has a feminine cut (the waist of the jacket and the fit of the pants). I think she looks beautiful.

18. Lee September 10, 2011 at 22:18 #

I love love love the suit, it fits great and accents her figure beautifully. I wish she had skipped the shirt and the hat, they look costume-ish to me. A bare neck, some feminine earrings and more feminine shoes would be perfect. I do like her makeup, too, I bet she’s a makeup artist’s dream.

19. Jackie September 11, 2011 at 00:42 #

I don’t like the pants. I really want to like everything as she looks good from the waist up but the pants should be like a straight cut or something… and her shoes should be something with a bit more personality, not the black round-toe platform pumps that it looks like. Her hair looks good with her hat though! In one word, I would say that this look is interesting.

20. DivaDebbi September 11, 2011 at 03:13 #

@Lee, agree completely.

21. crazyme47 September 11, 2011 at 15:30 #

is that a salsa sauce on her lips??