Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung – Fred Leighton Fashion’s Night Out

Sarah Jessica Parker attended the Fred Leighton Fashion’s Night Out soirée held at the label’s Upper East Side store in New York City last night.

The actress chose a super sexy Prabal Gurung Fall 2011 black featherweight leather dress with a laser cut hand-laced bodice and pleated skirt.

The actress accessorized her edgy look with white Manolo Blahnik pointed-toe heels, black cutout bracelets and diamond earrings.

She finished her glowing, flawless makeup with grey smoky eyes and dark nail polish.

I know some of you will be torn on the white shoes but once again, I think they work with SJP’s second Prabal Gurung look of the week.

They look incredibly chic and help to downplay the overt sexiness of her leather dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

33 thoughts on “Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung – Fred Leighton Fashion’s Night Out

1. robbie

well wearing louboutins would be a little silly since she was signing shoes at manolo blahnik.

the white shoes look pretty good, a little “elegant” for an edgy look.

1. Nat39

Well. gotta disagree here, I don`t think the “overt sexiness” of this edgy sexy leather dress should`ve been downplayed – keep it sexy, keep it edgy!!!! Her styling is ridiculous for this kind of dress, those shoes, the hair…just awful, don`t belong with this dress at all. Wish she`d kept the edgy styling including the much needed gloves for her problematic veiny hands.

1. Umi

Don’t think this is a good look for SJP. (It’s not just about the shoes.) I don’t like her hair nor the attitude, and her skin looks really pale against this dress. Maybe it’s due to comparing her to the model who really works this look.

2. mol

The top part of this seems a little tight to me – Thomas mentioned a jacket which I could picture in my mind as improving this look…..(just imo, I always get a little guilty shiver whenever i make a suggestion when it comes to SJP, as i do so admire her…)

1. Faellie

I agree the top is too tight, and the waist is artificially cinched in. The fit and flow of the dress are much better on the model.

3. maria

i love this. Very classy although it’s black tight leather and i love the shoes with it and the entire styling. Another winner from her.

4. Emily

I love the dress but can’t get behind the white shoe.
    Didn’t she change into black strappy sandals later in the night though? Sure I read that on the Vogue UK website.

5. mm

I like this look even the white shoes. BUT If SJP starts a white shoe trend i am going to shake her! LOL, all i can think about is black scuff marks on those shoes.

6. Elaine2

That dress looks a lot better on her than the runway model who is too scrawny for it. I kind of like the white shoes, I wouldn’t have paired them with that dress, but I think it looks kind of cool. I’d like to see her cut her hair to a shoulder length bob….

7. Helen

I heard this evening, on Xpose(irish tv programme) that she designed the shoes. She was showing them to Andre Leon Tally at the Manolo store on FNO.

8. Karis

Urgh, the shoes kill the look for me. The shoes and the hair. The edginess of the dress should have been played up not played down! She is sucking all the life out of the look!

9. doc

SJP, please stop with the white shoes with dark fall colors. They don’t look good. The dress looks better on the runway. It’s stretched across her chest and the stitching details are lost in the reflective shine. She is way off. I mean a black leather dress with white leather shoes???? How could she think this looked good?

10. laura D

I would have loved to see some white half-gloves to make this edgier and tie in the shoes better. Also think she needs an edgier ponytail, like a really rockabilly pompadour.

11. Armaghan

I think she only wore the white shoes bc she was signing pairs of high-heels she co-designed with Blahnik.
    Later on she change to Charlotte Olympia platform Pumps for a QVC event.

12. Sharon

Well I saw her close up in this outfit last night at Oscar de la Renta and she was drop dead gorgeous. The hair, the shoes – whatever. As for the “veiny hands” I wonder what all of you will look like at her age.

1. Nat39

She is NOT that old to have the “old lady” hands at all. But since she has them why not take advantage of what the fashion world itself offers you – the gloves!- while looking edgy and on-trend at the same time…