Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung – Fred Leighton Fashion’s Night Out

Sarah Jessica Parker attended the Fred Leighton Fashion’s Night Out soirée held at the label’s Upper East Side store in New York City last night.

The actress chose a super sexy Prabal Gurung Fall 2011 black featherweight leather dress with a laser cut hand-laced bodice and pleated skirt.

The actress accessorized her edgy look with white Manolo Blahnik pointed-toe heels, black cutout bracelets and diamond earrings.

She finished her glowing, flawless makeup with grey smoky eyes and dark nail polish.

I know some of you will be torn on the white shoes but once again, I think they work with SJP’s second Prabal Gurung look of the week.

They look incredibly chic and help to downplay the overt sexiness of her leather dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Gwyneth Paltrow In Stella McCartney - Coach Fashion's Night Out

Gwyneth Paltrow In Stella McCartney – Coach Fashion’s Night Out

Beth Ditto In Christopher Kane - MAC Cosmetics Fashion's Night Out

Beth Ditto In Christopher Kane – MAC Cosmetics Fashion’s Night Out

33 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung – Fred Leighton Fashion’s Night Out

1. Thomas September 9, 2011 at 18:06 #

FC did u see her going it wearing a Louis Vuitton Fall 2011 jacket? looked 1,000x better with it IMO

• Thomas September 9, 2011 at 18:07 #

but white shoes really I mean not even a strappy Louboutin?

• Verena September 9, 2011 at 18:29 #

She really tries to make those white shoes happen, doesn’t she?

• mikeijames September 10, 2011 at 02:03 #

she’s been making them happen for over a decade now.

• MG September 9, 2011 at 18:59 #

disagree

• Jen September 9, 2011 at 23:53 #

agree with your disagreement.

• robbie September 9, 2011 at 19:36 #

well wearing louboutins would be a little silly since she was signing shoes at manolo blahnik.

the white shoes look pretty good, a little “elegant” for an edgy look.

2. vicky September 9, 2011 at 18:11 #

The white pumps kills it!

• TeaAtTwo September 10, 2011 at 01:14 #

Agree, they don’t work at all with the dress.

3. Nat39 September 9, 2011 at 18:17 #

Well. gotta disagree here, I don`t think the “overt sexiness” of this edgy sexy leather dress should`ve been downplayed – keep it sexy, keep it edgy!!!! Her styling is ridiculous for this kind of dress, those shoes, the hair…just awful, don`t belong with this dress at all. Wish she`d kept the edgy styling including the much needed gloves for her problematic veiny hands.

• Umi September 9, 2011 at 20:30 #

Don’t think this is a good look for SJP. (It’s not just about the shoes.) I don’t like her hair nor the attitude, and her skin looks really pale against this dress. Maybe it’s due to comparing her to the model who really works this look.

4. Vidhya September 9, 2011 at 18:17 #

Wats with the white shoes over and over again?? Get some other shoes out of ur shoe closet SJP..

5. mol September 9, 2011 at 18:18 #

The top part of this seems a little tight to me – Thomas mentioned a jacket which I could picture in my mind as improving this look…..(just imo, I always get a little guilty shiver whenever i make a suggestion when it comes to SJP, as i do so admire her…)

• Faellie September 9, 2011 at 21:17 #

I agree the top is too tight, and the waist is artificially cinched in. The fit and flow of the dress are much better on the model.

6. maria September 9, 2011 at 18:18 #

i love this. Very classy although it’s black tight leather and i love the shoes with it and the entire styling. Another winner from her.

• Jen September 9, 2011 at 19:36 #

I love this too. I want that dress so bad.

7. Emily September 9, 2011 at 18:21 #

I love the dress but can’t get behind the white shoe.
    Didn’t she change into black strappy sandals later in the night though? Sure I read that on the Vogue UK website.

8. AW September 9, 2011 at 18:28 #

I LOVE EVERYTHING about this look!

9. mm September 9, 2011 at 18:44 #

I like this look even the white shoes. BUT If SJP starts a white shoe trend i am going to shake her! LOL, all i can think about is black scuff marks on those shoes.

10. Elaine2 September 9, 2011 at 19:13 #

That dress looks a lot better on her than the runway model who is too scrawny for it. I kind of like the white shoes, I wouldn’t have paired them with that dress, but I think it looks kind of cool. I’d like to see her cut her hair to a shoulder length bob….

11. Helen September 9, 2011 at 19:16 #

I heard this evening, on Xpose(irish tv programme) that she designed the shoes. She was showing them to Andre Leon Tally at the Manolo store on FNO.

12. Karis September 9, 2011 at 19:33 #

Urgh, the shoes kill the look for me. The shoes and the hair. The edginess of the dress should have been played up not played down! She is sucking all the life out of the look!

13. Mario September 9, 2011 at 19:38 #

I can’t hate this look and the shoes more.
    And for comment above, she changed into Charlotte Olympia platform shoes.

14. Jones19 September 9, 2011 at 20:08 #

I like the dress and the shoes but I’m not loving this…something’s missing.

15. doc September 9, 2011 at 20:30 #

SJP, please stop with the white shoes with dark fall colors. They don’t look good. The dress looks better on the runway. It’s stretched across her chest and the stitching details are lost in the reflective shine. She is way off. I mean a black leather dress with white leather shoes???? How could she think this looked good?

16. laura D September 9, 2011 at 20:42 #

I would have loved to see some white half-gloves to make this edgier and tie in the shoes better. Also think she needs an edgier ponytail, like a really rockabilly pompadour.

17. Armaghan September 9, 2011 at 21:53 #

I think she only wore the white shoes bc she was signing pairs of high-heels she co-designed with Blahnik.
    Later on she change to Charlotte Olympia platform Pumps for a QVC event.

18. Valeria September 10, 2011 at 00:58 #

Nobody in the world should design or wear white shoes, maybe only skiing shoes. Love the dress, wrong hair.

19. Louisa September 10, 2011 at 02:33 #

I think SJP is staging a white shoe revival..!

• Fashion Critic September 10, 2011 at 02:50 #

she better not :)

20. Sharon September 10, 2011 at 05:57 #

Well I saw her close up in this outfit last night at Oscar de la Renta and she was drop dead gorgeous. The hair, the shoes – whatever. As for the “veiny hands” I wonder what all of you will look like at her age.

• Nat39 September 10, 2011 at 20:45 #

She is NOT that old to have the “old lady” hands at all. But since she has them why not take advantage of what the fashion world itself offers you – the gloves!- while looking edgy and on-trend at the same time…

21. Alina September 10, 2011 at 06:25 #