Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung – Late Show With David Letterman

Sarah Jessica Parker was spotted making her way to the Ed Sullivan Theater for her guest appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman” earlier today in New York City.

She continues her love affair with bright colours and Prabal Gurung.

The actress chose a stunning ensemble from the designers Fall 2011 collection which was bright enough to temporarily stop the rain here in New York City.

Her bold look consisted of a bright red Prabal Gurung caped blouse with hot pink double-face techno wool pants.

SJP opted not to wear the black belt the look was paired with on the runway.

Instead she tucked her blouse into the pants and added white pointed-toe shoes.

A lot of you weren’t fans of SJP’s previous orange and blue colour block ensemble, but I think this one will have you more excited even if you aren’t a fan of white pumps.

Curly hair and smoky eyes completed her pretty, colourful look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rooney Mara In Diane von Furstenberg - “Tanner Hall” LA Premiere

Rooney Mara In Diane von Furstenberg – “Tanner Hall” LA Premiere

Gwyneth Paltrow In Lanvin - Coach & Gwyneth Paltrow Dinner Party

Gwyneth Paltrow In Lanvin – Coach & Gwyneth Paltrow Dinner Party

48 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung – Late Show With David Letterman

1. Kiran September 8, 2011 at 04:38 #

She looks great, but Prabal Gurung is SO tacky.

• Fashion Critic September 8, 2011 at 04:53 #

I strongly disagree.

Tacky how so.

This is a top and pants, not a see-through lace dress like Abbey Clancy.

• Zarina September 8, 2011 at 05:01 #

Completely disagree too. Maybe you’re not a fan of his design aesthetic but “tacky” couldn’t be further from what he does.
      I will always love and remember this stunning look on Leighton Meester: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2009/11/03/runway-to-2009-library-lions-benefit-leighton-meester-in-prabal-gurung/

• Vidhya September 8, 2011 at 10:11 #

I do feel like he is inspired by Vivienne Westwood sometimes.. but both couldn’t be further from the word tacky.. drama , yes, outrageous, yes.. tacky???

• Steven September 8, 2011 at 05:08 #

i dont think the word is tacky but its very over the top, over done over styled .. lacks refinement but i was pleasantly surprised with the first prabal gurung dress she wore..

2. PrabalGurungFanClub September 8, 2011 at 04:42 #

So chic! She totally owns this look. Our obsession with PG only continues to grow :)

3. JuliaC September 8, 2011 at 04:56 #

I almost like her interpretation better than the runway look. she looks beautiful and so chic

4. Lily September 8, 2011 at 05:03 #

I like it. However, I think SJP is one of the few people who could pull this off.

5. Henrique September 8, 2011 at 05:07 #

This look reminds me of Emma Stone’s amazing Giambattista Valli look. I love this color combination. SJP looks great here

6. pushpa lama September 8, 2011 at 05:17 #

never think about pink n red combination but look nice

7. sydneycheekychic September 8, 2011 at 05:32 #

So much better than runway! Love this! I have always loved this colour combination ! So glad someone can pull it off this amazingly.

8. lee September 8, 2011 at 05:36 #

this outfit makes me want to dance for some reason. hahaha, i love it!

9. Alina September 8, 2011 at 06:09 #

Great look !

10. Christy September 8, 2011 at 06:42 #

ooh, i love the colour combination, love the styling, love everything! must go shopping for something pink and red right now!

11. roxana September 8, 2011 at 06:46 #

very beautiful!

12. Emi September 8, 2011 at 08:11 #

I love these two colors together. I love everything but the shoes.

13. arwa September 8, 2011 at 08:47 #

I don’t think the red/pink combination work on her, I barely look at her face, which I don’t believe is something good. At least for me, I don’t get the point of wearing anything if it wasn’t about “me” first, not about what I’m wearing, whether it’s good or bad.

14. Zineb September 8, 2011 at 09:29 #

Don’t like AT ALL !!
    I prefer the runaway belt & seriously ? white shoes with a red / pink outfit ?

• Dani September 9, 2011 at 01:27 #

Totally agree!

15. robbie September 8, 2011 at 09:32 #

very 80s with those shoes. they were nice with the chanel dress but the white pointed toe shoes with this look not so good.

16. AL GIGA September 8, 2011 at 10:07 #

the color combination is wonderfull very lacroix and ysl inspired! but the white shoes are sooooo tacky!!!!!!!!!! isnt there a rule about wearing white after labor day?????

• Jen September 8, 2011 at 11:15 #

Rules like no white after labor day are silly imo.

• AL GIGA September 8, 2011 at 12:00 #

white shoes are tacky! any time of the year! unless your getting married!

• Jen September 8, 2011 at 12:21 #

Disagree with that, sorry. Tacky is showing your bra/underwear ala Abbey Clancy. White shoes aren’t necessarily my style, but they’re pretty inoffensive.

17. Vidhya September 8, 2011 at 10:12 #

i loved the runway look.. SJP does look good though.. the pants needed to be a tad shorter.. just a tad

18. Lucinda September 8, 2011 at 11:03 #

I love the colours, and i think her hair looks sensational.
    However i dont like the blouse tucked in, the trousers seem too high waisted and appear to be wearing her, rather than the other way round.
    I hope there was some wardrobe malfunction that lead to the white shoes!

19. Jen September 8, 2011 at 11:15 #

I love the color combo and the white shoes don’t bother me. I don’t like all the ruffles on the arms, though. Still – really like this outfit.

20. Jones19 September 8, 2011 at 12:11 #

I’m in love! Oh my goodness that zesty pink is glorious. This is my BDOTW so far.

21. M.B September 8, 2011 at 12:29 #

I like the outfit but what kind of stylist in their right mind would let her pair it with those white pumps that pretty much ruined it all?!

22. Elaine2 September 8, 2011 at 13:21 #

The color combination is great – but I’d ditch the white shoes. The high waisted pants are so flattering and I’m glad to see this trend coming back finally! (I have my JBrand high waisted flares ready and waiting for fall!!! :-))

23. Rita September 8, 2011 at 14:04 #

LOVE IT. i don’t know if i loved it if someone else wore it but now i’m in love

24. Mariana September 8, 2011 at 14:34 #

I hate white shoes in general. But I have to say that this is the best use of white pumps I have ever seen. Stil on the fence with the look though.

• Fashion Critic September 8, 2011 at 16:07 #

I agree with you

25. Hannah September 8, 2011 at 15:02 #

As with almost all of her many looks recently, I adore it. I feel so spoiled, she always gives us a treat everytime she steps out of her house! I detest teh white shoes, but since they are mostly covered by the pink trousers, I can live with them.

26. mol September 8, 2011 at 15:13 #

Wow, she looks gorgeous, and I don’t mind the white shoes at all – she’s back on form

27. maria September 8, 2011 at 15:17 #

i love that she makes every look her own. I adore the colour combination and i am one of the few who does not mind the white shoes. On the contrary it gives it a retro, 70s vibe fore me.

28. Xorco September 8, 2011 at 15:39 #

Honestly, the blouse tucked doesn´t work very well.. I prefer the runway styling.

29. Rebecca Z September 8, 2011 at 15:51 #

Not a fan of the cut of the trousers especially on someone as thin as she is–I think she would look better with the top out as on the model. Otherwise, it’s great.

30. fromchi-town September 8, 2011 at 16:03 #

First off, I love the color combo. I am loving pink and red together this season. That being said, I prefer the runway styling with the belt. SJP looks good, and carries off the color, but somehow the styling looks incomplete – it needed a belt imo. And the world expects better shoes from SJP. White shoes just don’t cut it.

31. Parvati September 8, 2011 at 16:35 #

I love this colour combo, but there’s something about the fit of the pants that I don’t like. In my opinion, she shouldn’t have tucked the blouse into the pants, but keep the runway look instead.

• Dani September 9, 2011 at 01:27 #

Yeah, the tucked-in style looks all wrong.

32. Moxie September 8, 2011 at 16:37 #

Have to disagree with everyone else… I hate the red and pink color combo. The red and pink just do not work together, and the white shoes are all wrong.

33. doc September 8, 2011 at 17:43 #

I think she made a mistake omitting the belt and tucking the shirt in. I think it gives the look polish and tamps down some of the garishness to the eye popping color. And it kinda makes her look short. Couple that with the white shoes and flare bottom to the pants and the whole look just screams 70s disco, in a bad way.

34. Regina September 8, 2011 at 19:12 #

AMAZING! Love it.

35. Jimmy September 9, 2011 at 00:24 #

I think she is a little too old to pull of this look. its fresh but i dont think it suits.

36. Jackie September 9, 2011 at 00:50 #

Something about this looks dated… I think it’s the length of the pants and the way it sits on the pointy toed shoes but WOW I love the way the white looks with the rest of the outfit! My favorite part about this is the colors and the white pumps! Who would’ve thought?!

37. Erini September 9, 2011 at 07:17 #

LOve love this look, except for the shoes!!!

38. Lucía September 9, 2011 at 14:06 #

I haaaaate the white shoes with this look