Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – “Contagion” New York Premiere

Marion Cotillard made a long awaited return to the red carpet at the “Contagion” Premiere held in New York last night.

The French actress chose a gorgeous nude and black Christian Dior Fall 2011 dress which features sparkly embellishments on the bodice and on the lace skirt.

Marion didn’t add any additional accessories to her look.

She styled her hair in a braided up-do, which I feel was the wrong choice. It doesn’t complement the elegant vibe of the dress at all.

Her makeup, which featured smoky brown eyes and pink lips was perfect though.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Maria Sharapova or Louise Redknapp

Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Maria Sharapova or Louise Redknapp

Thandie Newton In Giles - Coach & Gwyneth Paltrow Dinner Party

Thandie Newton In Giles – Coach & Gwyneth Paltrow Dinner Party

27 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – “Contagion” New York Premiere

1. Hannah September 8, 2011 at 16:07 #

This dress just highlights her obviously fake breasts. They were a mistake adn ever since she got them her styling has gone downhill. I adored this dress on the runway, but it doesn’t suit Marions body at all. Her makeup is perfect though.

• Rebecca Z September 8, 2011 at 16:12 #

I assumed she is busty because she is nursing

• Hannah September 8, 2011 at 18:13 #

I thought that too, but she seems to have gotten dramatically larger boobs before she was pregnant, so I assume surgery. I hoped that it was because she was pregnant but as much as I love her I am assuming, given my calculations, that it is not becuase of that. I am still holding out a little hope that they will go down in teh ext few months.

• Bergdorf September 8, 2011 at 18:37 #

She “started” to have bigger boobs during the “Les petits mouchoirs” promo tour, back in october… and she was pregnant at that time. To me, it’s clearly visible in the “Magnifique to Tragique” post where FC posted several pictures of her. It’s after those terrible appearances that people started to specualte she might be pregnant.

• Lila September 8, 2011 at 16:23 #

She just gave birth like four months ago…

• Zineb September 8, 2011 at 18:09 #

It’s not fake books, the girl just gave birth so you’re smart enough to draw conclusions :)

• Zineb September 8, 2011 at 20:33 #

I live in France & Marion is a national icon here, so trust me, if she’s gone through plastic surgery it would’ve made HEADLINES !!
      & I aggree with most of you with the fact that it’s due to her pregnancy

• Nat39 September 8, 2011 at 23:29 #

Look a lot like NURSING /postpregnancy breasts to me!!!!

2. Rebecca Z September 8, 2011 at 16:11 #

I agree that the hairstyle ruins the look. I don’t really like this neckline on her either as it emphasizes her current bustiness in a not very flattering way.

3. Alina September 8, 2011 at 16:11 #

I agree that the hair is not what it should be, but this is a beautiful look.

4. avika September 8, 2011 at 16:17 #

They’re not fake. She just had a baby.
    She looks gorgeous:)

5. Marvel September 8, 2011 at 16:23 #

If she continues to wear Dior (which is a brand I dont think works for her), I think something from the Spring Couture collection would have been more better. I wish Gwynie was her for the premiere. She would have looked better

• Claire September 8, 2011 at 17:01 #

She has to wear Dior – she is the face of the Lady Dior handbag, so contractually she is supposed to wear some Dior once in a while : )

• Marvel September 9, 2011 at 13:44 #

I know I just wish she had an arrangement with another designer that suited her better. :)

6. Englishvers September 8, 2011 at 16:29 #

The dress is exquisite and I adore all the lace details.
    I prefer it on the runway model than on the French actress, though.

• noo September 8, 2011 at 18:21 #

i don’t like the point where the skirt begins, it just feels wrong, the model has a much longer torso so the dress sits better on her!

7. robbie September 8, 2011 at 16:40 #

not a good look at all.

kind of wish she would wear chanel more than dior.

8. Parvati September 8, 2011 at 16:46 #

I love everything about this look!

• Nat39 September 8, 2011 at 23:37 #

Ditto. Works for me INCLUDING THE HAIRSTYLE – fantastic with this dress – if anything, it makes the “elegant vibe of the dress” complete! Glad the panties aren`t showing.

9. Amanda September 8, 2011 at 17:39 #

One thing I love about this site is USUALLY people keep their comments to fashion and don’t make petty hateful comments. Usually.

10. Zineb September 8, 2011 at 18:11 #

Don’t like the dress at all, it’s shapeless. She could do better. Her make up is perfect

11. laura D September 8, 2011 at 18:25 #

I think she looks beautiful The effect is a bit Edwardian in shape. (Which may be why she went for the braids – a bit “Gibson Girl” – though still too casual here.)

Elegant and classy

12. dunzoo September 8, 2011 at 19:11 #

a really unflatering dress for marion, looks great on Sigrid though. make up is nice

13. Emi September 8, 2011 at 20:14 #

Quite meh… I don’t like the hairstyle and the fit of the dress. Of course she’s breastfeeding, but she could have worn something more flattering.

14. Jones19 September 8, 2011 at 20:43 #

I don’t like the changes from the runway to Marion. It looks fab on the runway.

15. Raquel September 8, 2011 at 23:37 #

I lvoe the dress and I think she looks pretty. However, I miss some jewelry and the hair is bad. Still a gorgeous and well-dressed woman.

16. Elaine2 September 9, 2011 at 01:11 #

I like this dress on her, but I think some bracelets on her wrist would be the icing on the cake.