08.09.11 Premiere

Dita von Teese In Elie Saab – “God Save My Shoes” New York Premiere

Dita von Teese attended the premiere of “God Save My Shoes” held at the Paris Theatre in New York last night.

The burlesque star opted for a red long sleeve Elie Saab Fall 2011 cocktail dress which is cinched at the waist with a red leather belt.

It’s a silhouette familiar to Dita but she sticks to it because it works with her beautiful curvy figure.

Dita added all red accessories to her look including a Lulu Guinness diamond-embellished “Lips” clutch and silk Christian Louboutin peep-toe bow heels.

It looks like red shoes are going to continue to become a hot red carpet trend.

She finished her look with her trademark red lips, red and white half-moon nails, bold eyebrows and a Forties-inspired hairstyle.

Credit: Getty

Elisabeth Moss In Fausto Puglisi - Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Elisabeth Moss In Fausto Puglisi – Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Sidewalk Style: Kylie Minogue in YSL

Sidewalk Style: Kylie Minogue in YSL

17 Responses to Dita von Teese In Elie Saab – “God Save My Shoes” New York Premiere

1. robbie September 8, 2011 at 18:32 #

even though it is matchy matchy she looks gorgeous.

2. Mario September 8, 2011 at 18:44 #

She looks fantastic, and so do her red Louboutins! I am dying to watch the documentary, I’m a huge fashion documentary lover, lol

3. Englishvers September 8, 2011 at 18:54 #

Dita looks lovely but I’m not keen on the matching here.
    Looks very uniformed. Perhaps a contrasting bag or shoe might have paired better. The dress is exquisite, though.

4. Regina September 8, 2011 at 18:58 #

FC, I’m surprised you didn’t comment on her hideous hairstyle!

X

5. Hermoine September 8, 2011 at 19:18 #

She looks beautiful, I would like to see the hem being an inch or two shorter though.

6. Dhppy September 8, 2011 at 19:44 #

Certainly Dita Von Teese has forgotten more about fashion than I’ll ever know, but I wonder about petite women in skirts that go below the knee. It makes their torso seem to long and their legs almost non-existant to my eyes.

• Emi September 8, 2011 at 20:08 #

You’re right, in a certain way, but I think that it’s also because of the photo.

7. Emi September 8, 2011 at 20:05 #

Only one word: perfection. I love everything about this outfit, and red is one of my favorite color. “God save my shoes”… LOL, so true.

8. Giuseppi Giraffe September 8, 2011 at 20:32 #

It’s not often I think she looks drab, but for some reasno this seems drab to me. I usually love her clothes, but this just comes off as kind of dull.

9. Jones19 September 8, 2011 at 20:38 #

Dita looks flawless as usual but she suffers in comparison to the runway presentation. I much prefer the heels, clutch and the draping in the midsection on the model.

• Alina September 9, 2011 at 06:49 #

10. Nat39 September 8, 2011 at 20:45 #

Well, how matchy is that! Can the absolute matchiness be a new extreme rising trend to finally beat out its opposite and equally absurd colour-blocking??? Hope NOT.
    Do not like this look at all – dowdy, unflattering, awful length, horrible shoes, and maybe it`s time Dita let go of her signature perfectly plastered Geisha make-up and “frozen in time” hairstyle…

11. Kaki September 8, 2011 at 20:59 #

This stripper is soooo overrated, predictable, and boring! She has a big unappealing man jowl/chin area, yuck!

12. Rory September 8, 2011 at 21:07 #

I think the only other best dressed women in the world are Diane Kruger, Michelle Obama, Cate Blanchett, and Tilda Swinton. In terms of sheer consistency, PERSONAL style and taste, and the constant ability to make us say WOW! and get us talking about a look those three women are the best dressed. The clothes hangars, stylists play things, and contracted muses don’t really float my boat.

13. Tania September 8, 2011 at 21:30 #

I want that dress and Dita looks great in it. Is it me or does she have on too much powder?

• Mary September 8, 2011 at 21:57 #

Yes, thank you!!!! She always has a bit too much powder, but this is 2-too much. Thats all i can see in this pic.

14. Elaine2 September 9, 2011 at 01:03 #

I prefer the Runway Model version for a couple of reasons……1) I like those shoes better, and 2) the model’s hair color is less jarring than Ditas. I think the Runway version is much more appealing and less “in your face” sorta thing…..