Rooney Mara In Diane von Furstenberg – “Tanner Hall” LA Premiere

Rooney Mara attended the LA Premiere of her new movie, “Tanner Hall” last night.

The talented actress opted to wear a cute Diane von Furstenberg Resort 2012 dress.

Her printed dress was teamed with a black jacket with embroidered details on the shoulders.

Whilst I’m sure this black cropped hairstyle is for a movie, I can’t get passed it as it’s in total contrast to her pretty feminine dress.

Her look was teamed with two-tone Brian Atwood ‘Drama’ pumps with a black heel.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Mara In Prada - "Tanner Hall" LA Premiere

Kate Mara In Prada – “Tanner Hall” LA Premiere

Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung - Late Show With David Letterman

Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung – Late Show With David Letterman

15 Responses to Rooney Mara In Diane von Furstenberg – “Tanner Hall” LA Premiere

1. Moxie September 7, 2011 at 23:17 #

That’s her hairstyle for the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movie.

• Moxie September 7, 2011 at 23:18 #

Which is coming out in December. Maybe they’ve started on the next movie?

• avika September 8, 2011 at 00:27 #

I’ve heard they’re making the reshoots

2. Nat39 September 7, 2011 at 23:49 #

Absolutely hate the styling. Maybe sometimes it`s better not to post a pic. of the runway version (which I absolutely ADORE in this case) as it makes a “not so good” look appear as a “really bad one”. The hideous shoes and the jacket just don`t belong here.
    I`ll give the hair a pass solely on the basis of the “occupational hazard” but I simply cannot overlook the awful “confused” look on her face and pose (isn`t she supposed to be a “talented actress”…)

3. Paddy M September 7, 2011 at 23:57 #

Yup, the hairstyle is for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. She went as far as having her nipples pierced for the role!

4. mol September 8, 2011 at 01:54 #

I look forward to seeing the american version of Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, and I love this outfit AS IT APPEARS ON THE MODEL!

5. Julianne September 8, 2011 at 06:00 #

First time ever I like the runway’s version that the celeb.. It’s light, cheerful, and super cute.. Plus the model’s really pretty and she’s smiling..

6. Alina September 8, 2011 at 06:02 #

Bad.

7. Emi September 8, 2011 at 08:16 #

Bad outfit, from head to toe. These shoes, which are beautiful but we’ve seen them 1.000.000 times, are nonsense here, not always a safe choice. Plus, she looks lifeless, but it’s hard to judge from just one photo. She’s not so experienced in posing in front of many photographers, maybe.

8. Jen September 8, 2011 at 11:18 #

Personally I like the short hair .. it’s the giant shoulders on the jacket and the bad posture that kill this for me. And the nude shoes. I’m really over nude shoes now.

9. maria September 8, 2011 at 15:13 #

i feel that she could have done more with the hair. Either dress to feature it, ie. more masculine or edgy, or dress the hair up a bit with a hairband or some clips.
    I also feel that the jacket overpowers her slender frame.

10. Giuseppi Giraffe September 8, 2011 at 15:58 #

The pattern is cool enough, but it’s just a patterned skirt the way she’s wearing it. I guess it’s a fine look for her event, but the runway look has so much character that I kind of wish she had stayed with the original style.

11. Vee September 9, 2011 at 00:36 #

why does she look so scared? like she’s been kept prisoner in a cage and was released into the public and has no idea what is happening and why she is there?

• Ana Kay September 9, 2011 at 08:04 #

She looks like Big Bang Theory’s Sheldon Cooper to me, face and expression!

12. Jackie September 9, 2011 at 00:55 #

It looks like she didn’t know what to do about the awkward shape of her outfit but be awkward with it… good job Rooney! This is bor-ring!