Scarlett Johansson In Marc Jacobs – Moët Chandon Shanghai Event

Scarlett Johansson looked gorgeous in green as she posed on the red carpet at the Moët and Chandon event held in Shanghai, China yesterday.

As the face of the French brand, Scarlett chose a forest green Marc Jacobs glitter dot lace-inset dress from the Fall 2011 collection.

The figure-hugging dress features gorgeous slightly peaked cap sleeves and a silk Peter Pan collar around the neckline.

Scarlett accessorized her dress with a pair of black patent leather peep-toe pumps with metal detail on the back plus bronze-coloured pearl earrings.

She finished her look by wearing smoky eyeshadow forming a cat eye shape and bright pink lipstick.

The petite actress opted to style her flame red hair in soft curls. I love the way her hair colour pops against the green of the dress.

You may recognise the other lady as Shu Qi. She was one of the jurors during the 2009 Cannes Film Festival.

It looks like her dress sense has taken a nose-dive since then.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Further Reductions In The Net-A-Porter US Sale: Up To 70% Off

Further Reductions In The Net-A-Porter US Sale: Up To 70% Off

Win An Alexander McQueen Folk Tote On Fashion's Night Out

Win An Alexander McQueen Folk Tote On Fashion’s Night Out

31 Responses to Scarlett Johansson In Marc Jacobs – Moët Chandon Shanghai Event

1. Marvel September 6, 2011 at 16:04 #

When did Scarlett become a Grandma?

• Rebecca Z September 6, 2011 at 16:14 #

LOL! I actually like the dress on her, especially the color, but your point is well taken! And, FC, love your comment about Shu Qi.

• justme September 6, 2011 at 16:19 #

When she got married. I was hoping she would get her groove back after her divorce (it’s mean but we were all thinking it) but Sean Penn had to come along lol.
      She still has rare amazing moments but I know she can do more than this.

• Valeria September 7, 2011 at 13:08 #

Haha, true! And hair color I hate on her, shade too harsh against complexion. Still she wins next to Shu Qi. Call me biased but this just proves my point that Mainland-raised girls rarely have any sense of style

2. Zineb September 6, 2011 at 16:26 #

I love Scarlett, she’s my favourite actress, I was longing for the old her to be back, it’s not totally it here, but it’s a huge improvement considering the catastrophic fasion year she had ( apart from the baby blue Elie Saab cocktail dress she wore at the Washington dinner )
    Hopefully we’ll see more

• Zineb September 6, 2011 at 16:53 #

P.S. She’s a 27 y.o. woman going 40

3. CB September 6, 2011 at 16:28 #

I think I’ve finally nailed what has really changed about Scarlett Johansson’s look. I don’t think she’s wearing push-up bras anymore. Remember the red dress Isaac Mizrahi loved so much? Total push-up bra. This look? Eh, not so much. Its such a small thing, but I think it makes her seem older and more tired.

4. fozaaa September 6, 2011 at 16:31 #

seeing her looking like this is just very sad, she lost “it” for me

5. D September 6, 2011 at 16:46 #

:-o is this SJ??so sad…

shuqi is so pretty, but what is she wearing…. those stockings… sigh.

6. Jones19 September 6, 2011 at 17:16 #

I miss the sexy Scarlett days…le sigh

7. Laura September 6, 2011 at 17:21 #

Like the teal/red head combo but the length isn’t my fave. Also, the shoes aren’t my taste either.

Is Shu Qi wearing Herve Leger? I agree with you her fashion sense has gone down.

• Fashion Critic September 6, 2011 at 17:51 #

Yes…shockingly.

8. Alina September 6, 2011 at 17:38 #

Both looks are hideous.

9. Vera September 6, 2011 at 17:59 #

Gorgeous? Someone needs a bra!..

• Emi September 6, 2011 at 21:50 #

Oh yes, definitely. I like the dress, Marc Jacobs can work such different colors and fabrics, the shoes are boring but the only thing I like is her red hair.

10. Jarrold September 6, 2011 at 18:34 #

I love Shu so much and even though this is a mess I will never forget her in that bubblegum pink Valentino dress

11. Hisadora September 6, 2011 at 18:36 #

wow I think she looks terrible… the dress is good but she looks so old.

12. Parvati September 6, 2011 at 18:40 #

Like many people here, I am disappointed. This look really ages her and the make-up doesn’t do her any favours, either.

13. Gaber September 6, 2011 at 18:52 #

I love the Jacobs, but it looks so plain on Scarlett.

As for Shu, those tights are one of the most insane things I have seen in a VERY long time – and I have to say I absolutely adore them! Too bad the dress just utterly destroys any potential this look had.

14. Giuseppi Giraffe September 6, 2011 at 20:14 #

Those tights- I want them. I just want them. Blue and gray stripes… she could be wearing the kitchen sink on her head and you wouldn’t see it- they’re almost blinding.

15. Julie September 6, 2011 at 20:22 #

The dress would be nice without that weird black doily at the decolletage.

16. Andre September 6, 2011 at 22:05 #

I actually rather like Shu Qi’s tights, I feel I might be lynched for this.

17. Hannah September 6, 2011 at 23:10 #

I really do nto knwo what it is with Scarlett, but every look she has worn lately, and by lately I mean the last few months if nto years, though good picks, have all loked awful on her. I ahve nothign against her, but whenever she wears anything it is like she sucks everything out of it, she makes it look very, very cheap and ill-fitting. I also think she has lost her spunk, sexuality and charm that she possessed in abundance around 4/5/6 years ago, now it seems liek she is tryign to have an attitude but seem sborign and meek. I miss the old Scarlett. Even the tights on Shu Qi, which I can only imagine were the painful result of a game of ‘truth or dare’ gone wrong.

18. TeaAtTwo September 6, 2011 at 23:12 #

Scarlett’s smirking because she knows she doesn’t look anywhere near as bad as Shu Qi.

19. Tahj September 7, 2011 at 00:15 #

I love a green dress as much as I love a blue one. But she always dresses so old and 50s. Amber Heard has replaced her.

20. roxana September 7, 2011 at 06:37 #

scarlett has such a huge potential, but she always chooses vey ugly clothes!

21. oksana September 7, 2011 at 10:02 #

grandma with red hair

22. Annel September 7, 2011 at 18:31 #

Looks super old, wrong lenght on dress, needs a bra, hideous makeup, no sparkle. Where did her mojo go?

23. Sea September 7, 2011 at 18:52 #

I do not like this line of dresses from Marc Jacobs at all. As for Shu Qi’s outfit, many Asian actresses and actors dress that way. It hurts my eyes every time I see their pictures!

24. Lee September 8, 2011 at 02:11 #

I wish Scarlett would go back to being a blond, I hate her in red hair, it looks so harsh and unflattering on her. The dress fits oddly, it makes her look really dumpy. Dress should be shorter, boobs should be perkier.