05.09.11

Madonna In Gucci – 2011 Gucci Award For Women In Cinema

Madonna attended the 2011 Gucci Award for Women in Cinema event held at Hotel Cipriani in Venice this past Friday.

She chose a Gucci one-of-a-kind Forties-inspired black georgette long-sleeved evening gown. The chic dress features jet black and gold metal detail around the waist and a fully beaded long skirt.
She accessorized her look with a another pair of sparkly Miu Miu sunglasses, a black and diamond cocktail ring and diamond earrings.
The singer wore her hair in glamourous Old Hollywood-style curls with a stylish quiff.

Dramatic red lipstick completed her movie-star ensemble.

Madonna ditched the shades to present the award for ‘Outstanding Artistic Achievement’.

Credit: Getty

Kate Bosworth In Chanel - "Another Happy Day" Deauville Film Festival Photocall

Kate Bosworth In Chanel – “Another Happy Day” Deauville Film Festival Photocall

"Johnny English Reborn" World Premiere

“Johnny English Reborn” World Premiere

18 Responses to Madonna In Gucci – 2011 Gucci Award For Women In Cinema

1. Alina September 5, 2011 at 08:13 #

A great look…for her.

2. Martin September 5, 2011 at 09:00 #

What is with the glasses? Completely ridiculous and, more importantly, unnecessary. This gown (like the gorgeous Vionnet dress she wore to the W. E premiere) speaks volumes on its own so why in God’s name she thought it was necessary to add a pair of sunglasses to the look is mystifying to me. Such a shame, because the dress is gorgeous.

3. Emi September 5, 2011 at 09:17 #

Great look, but I can’t help but thinking how different her face is…

4. Zarine Mohideen September 5, 2011 at 09:45 #

She looks fab!

5. Regina September 5, 2011 at 10:21 #

She looks really great but yes, I also hope she ditches the collagen, as it makes her cheeks look puffy. Age gracefully, Madge! You can get away with it!

6. TeaAtTwo September 5, 2011 at 11:25 #

Madge seems to be loving forties style for her red carpet appearances lately. Must be her new phase.

7. Fiona September 5, 2011 at 11:29 #

I think her look is getting repetitive now, she seems to have been favouring the 40’s look for some time now, but it ends up looking like a costume as she slavishly follows the theme with the hair, makeup, sunglasses etc. It no longer looks special as it is all she does, other than school-marm/librarian look.

8. Ann September 5, 2011 at 11:50 #

what about Abbie Cornish and Jessica Chastain at this event?

• Fashion Critic September 5, 2011 at 12:23 #

I only post one person at a time. What makes you think I’m not going to feature them?

• Ann September 5, 2011 at 13:51 #

Sorry, I mus have gotten overexcited :)

9. Jen September 5, 2011 at 14:53 #

I liked the shades with the other look as it was fun and playful. Not so much with this look. Also dislike wearing the hair down in combo with the puffed sleeves. And .. yeah. Botox face is not a good look.

10. Molly September 5, 2011 at 15:21 #

I’m a sucker for the sunglasses. They make me smile every time because she looks like she’s having such a good time, and they most definitely bring back images of the 1980s Madonna. I am loving these most recent looks. She appears to be having a good time, and looks gorgeous in the 1940s looks. I am not generally a Madonna fan, but it looks like something is really working for her right now.

• hauteness September 5, 2011 at 16:39 #

Yeah, I agree Molly. Both looks just make me smile. And I’m in LOVE with her hair right now!

11. mol September 5, 2011 at 16:22 #

She looks great, I think the hairstyle in particular is really working for her..

12. Rebecca Z September 5, 2011 at 16:30 #

I am also getting tired of this genre. Her hair looks great, but maybe not on her. Don’t like this dress as much as the others–for one thing, it is too long, and the sunglasses thing has been carried one too far. This woman is so talented (tho not quite as talented as she thinks) –it is kind of hard to watch her reach so hard for the limelight.

13. Karen September 5, 2011 at 18:26 #

Hey it’s Madonna, she can wear whatever she wants. I think she looks great.

14. Jones19 September 6, 2011 at 14:37 #

She looks great but the glasses make her go into Diane Keaton territory.

15. glenn September 7, 2011 at 13:47 #

I’ts quite hysterical how much venom, passion, and emotion Madonna still conjures up in people. She does not look that dramatically different…whatever sh has had done has given her face the fuller look of her youth ala material girl video…i did prefer her sharp sculpted cheeckbones of yore….but at her age there is a choice to be made between fitness and facial structure…..she looks quite lovely…