Kate Bosworth In Chanel – “Another Happy Day” Deauville Film Festival Photocall

Kate Bosworth took to the red carpet for her “Another Happy Day” Deauville Film Festival photocall in France this afternoon.

The blonde beauty opted to wear a Chanel Resort 2012 mini dress.

Her white v-neck dress with an open back is covered with gorgeous pearl embellishments.

Sparkling accessories such as Louboutin peep-toes and JewelMint earrings complemented her dress.

Everything is sparkling expect Kate herself.

I almost feel like I’m looking at a mannequin because she’s isn’t breathing any life into this look.

Kate styled her hair into a tousled updo and finished her look with a pink lipshade.

[nggallery id=973]
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Robin Wright In Gucci - 2011 Gucci Award For Women In Cinema

Robin Wright In Gucci – 2011 Gucci Award For Women In Cinema

41 Responses to Kate Bosworth In Chanel – “Another Happy Day” Deauville Film Festival Photocall

1. Katey September 4, 2011 at 19:46 #

This look is just soo boring to me.

• Valeria September 5, 2011 at 11:34 #

Boring, pasty foundation a shade too light, dress that does nothing for anybody.

2. Tamia September 4, 2011 at 20:04 #

wow wow wow wow!she is serving it!she looks senstational..an emerald necklace would have looked great with it though

3. samaira September 4, 2011 at 20:12 #

I like everything about this look and I hear ya on her looking like a mannequin, I think that’s coz her foundation is shade paler than her complexion. Had she laid off that matte pale foundation and opted for some maybe a glowy highlighter,it would made a big difference.

4. Sandie September 4, 2011 at 20:36 #

I had the same feeling with the Valentino too. It’s like she is not there. Beautiful dress though.

5. robbie September 4, 2011 at 20:39 #

the only exciting thing about this look are those absolutely lust worthy louboutins. the rest is incredibly forgetable.

• Mary September 4, 2011 at 21:25 #

6. Jones19 September 4, 2011 at 20:55 #

She’s completely lifeless which is sad because she looks breathtakingly beautiful.

• PamG September 5, 2011 at 00:29 #

So true. All the ingredients are there except for her soul? energy? attitude? what is it?! She frequently gets all the components of the look and is pulled together nicely, but there is a hallowness to her.

• Fashion Critic September 5, 2011 at 07:46 #

All of the above

7. Hannah September 4, 2011 at 21:01 #

I agree, this is a stunning look, perfect for a photocall (hear that Kate Winslet, photocall not premiere), but she looks so upset. Perhaps because she and Alexander Skarsgard just broke up, or somethign else, but she didn’t look too delighted in the Valetino either.

8. Mario September 4, 2011 at 21:05 #

I find it so comical that she’s thinner than Poly, lol

• noo September 4, 2011 at 22:02 #

my thoughts exactly :D

• dunzoo September 4, 2011 at 23:25 #

yes, natasha looks “fatter” than kate lol.. like the dress but it would look better on a girl with more curves

9. Claire September 4, 2011 at 21:08 #

She’s probably struggling just to keep standing – she’s painfully thin, thinner than the model… Not a very good role model IMO. The dress is gorgeous.

10. gossipmonkey September 4, 2011 at 22:11 #

You know you’re too skinny when the runway model fills the dress out with more curves than you!

• Parvati September 5, 2011 at 01:50 #

That’s exactly what I thought! The model seems to have more curves than Kate!

11. Lee September 4, 2011 at 22:48 #

The dress is so pretty, but she went back to heavy makeup, the closeups of her face are kind of tragic. The Valentino pics seemed so much better, she looked much healthier – mentally and physically. Maybe she shouldn’t wear bodycon dresses, and maybe stay away from shades this pale. Maybe get more sleep.

12. Kin September 4, 2011 at 22:52 #

eeks! thinner than a size 0? breathe a little!

13. Bergdorf September 4, 2011 at 23:16 #

She doesn’t breath any life to it, because she seems like a little girl, a child. She is way too thin. Sure, she’s never been “curvy” but when you are thinner than the model, you should definitely ask yourself some questions…

14. doc September 5, 2011 at 01:33 #

I just wonder what size her dress is. I mean Natasha Poly is clearly bigger than her and she is an American size 2. I mean, the next smallest size is a 0 and then after that you’re in children’s clothes. Surely Chanel is not making clothes in children’s dimensions with the intention that adults will wear them?? This dress does nothing for her. She doesn’t even look like a grown up. She looks like a preteen playing dress up.

15. karina September 5, 2011 at 02:37 #

I like it! She looks great and very pretty! The dress is gorgeous!

16. Laura Brice September 5, 2011 at 03:52 #

I think this dress needs curves to really pack a punch

17. J September 5, 2011 at 04:11 #

I think she looks absolutely lovely. I disagree with the mannequin comparison. And yes, while she is thin, she doesn’t seem emaciated. You have to remember the model is 5’9″ – 6’0,” so she will naturally be more “curvy” even if she is very very thin. Kate is tiny.

18. mikeijames September 5, 2011 at 04:38 #

i know some think her too thin, but honestly, the dress looks so much more amazing on her than it did on the model (and it looked pretty good on the model). while it’s not my favorite look from her, she truly embodies chanel in that dress.

19. Amber September 5, 2011 at 04:56 #

I can’t imagine how hungry she must be all the time! While the dress and shoes are very nice, I think she’d look better in them if she weighed more, like she did in Blue Crush, when she looked happy and healthy!

20. Alina September 5, 2011 at 05:25 #

I like it. :)

21. S September 5, 2011 at 05:38 #

my my .. you’re so right! She looks exactly like the model on then runway :S. boo

22. Gaber September 5, 2011 at 07:31 #

I am not a Kate fan because she’s beyond bland.
    But I adore this look and I think she carries it superbly. I actually feel that the dress looks this good because of how empty she is.
    Very ethereal.

23. Pascale September 5, 2011 at 07:32 #

Well I, for one, think she looks stunning. The neckline, the open back and the embellishments make this LWD extra pretty. I love she went monochrome with the shoes, and the chic updo ! This make me miss summer already.

(I think the subject of her weight is irrelevant, clearly the girl’s naturally thin, why not leave it there ?)

• Louisa September 5, 2011 at 09:03 #

Agree!

Breathtaking and ethereal!

• lex September 5, 2011 at 09:35 #

I don’t think she’s naturally thin. She’s been getting thinner and thinner. In her first film she was glowing. Now it looks like her body has eaten all her available muscle and it’s about to start eating her organs. She doesn’t look healthy and that’s what’s off in these images.

• noo September 5, 2011 at 10:49 #

well the idea is not exactly that she is extremely thin, she was almost this thin last year when she looked gorgeous in jil sander, back then she wore something that was fitting for her body type and that acted to flatter her thin figure, this chanel dress is just working against her imo!

24. june September 5, 2011 at 09:06 #

had she smiled, instead of give us that half-arse smile, she really would have injected more personality into it

25. Kate September 5, 2011 at 09:07 #

You pretty much sum up how I feel about kate bosworth. She really is a tad lifeless and never more clearly than this. Great outfit just a bit…. Bland.

26. Emi September 5, 2011 at 09:19 #

Quite lifeless but still so cute. I like this look form head to toe, The shoes are lovely.

27. Lucía September 5, 2011 at 12:48 #

I love it.

28. TJ-S September 5, 2011 at 20:33 #

Ellen Barkin was there with Kate wearing as usual L’Wren Scott.

• Fashion Critic September 5, 2011 at 20:54 #

Yes, it’s like a uniform now. Not exciting

29. Rahel September 5, 2011 at 21:23 #

Super cute dress and the right shoes.

30. Tahj September 6, 2011 at 01:00 #

Cute chanel dress, but is anyone else so over her and her wanna be fashion icon posturing. You are not Kate Moss hon, so stop starving yourself and showing up to the opening of an envelope.