Jessica Chastain is very much the girl of the moment considering she has been promoting so many of her movies this year.

We seen her promote, “The Tree of Life”, “The Help” and “The Debt”.

Tonight she attended the 2011 Venice Film Festival for her “Wild Salome” Premiere.

The gorgeous red head wore an Elie Saab Fall 2011 Couture gown.

We’re really being spoiled by all these stunning Couture gowns at this festival.

I don’t know why I underestimated this festival as it’s very much on par with Cannes Film Festival.

Jessica’s nude cap sleeve backless gown with lace and embroidered details shimmered as she gracefully made her way down the red carpet.

The colour is perfection on her. A shade lighter would’ve washed out her milky complexion.

Diamond earrings and a diamond bracelet provided the bling, whilst she wore her hair up in a knotted updo.

Red lippie completed the look.

[nggallery id=972]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Gwyneth Paltrow In Prada - "Contagion" Venice Film Festival Premiere

Gwyneth Paltrow In Prada – “Contagion” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Kate Bosworth In Chanel - "Another Happy Day" Deauville Film Festival Photocall

Kate Bosworth In Chanel – “Another Happy Day” Deauville Film Festival Photocall

40 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Elie Saab Couture – “Wild Salome” Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. robbie September 4, 2011 at 19:07 #

i am on my knees, this look is sensational.

2. Zineb September 4, 2011 at 19:09 #

PERFECTION !!!
    I think it’s official, this year’s Venice festival has definitely exceeded our expectations ( I have to admit FC that Cannes festival was a bit disappointing ). It’s just great to see all these beautiful women finally making good choices when it comes to their red carpet looks

• Fashion Critic September 4, 2011 at 19:10 #

Did you really find Cannes disappointing? I loved it.

I do feel like I’m starting to prefer Venice over Cannes.

Every look is a BDOTY contender

• Mariana September 5, 2011 at 18:06 #

I have my BDOTY. This is it.

• Hannah September 4, 2011 at 21:12 #

I agree, I found Cannes thsi year a bit dull. There were some great looks, but in past years they have been so much better, the glamour and drama seemed to be missing somewhat, it was slightly lacklustre. Also, I adore the gown choices at Venice this year, even though there isn’t much colour or variety of colour, something neither nude or blush nor white would be greatly appreciated!

3. Alina September 4, 2011 at 19:09 #

Stunning !

I was about to ask you – 2011 Cannes Film Festival or 2011 Venice Film Festival ? I guess we’ll have to wait until the Venice Festival end to find the answer.

Can’t wait for Toronto International Film Festival !

4. Erik September 4, 2011 at 19:14 #

This is utter perfection. BDOTW and maybe even BDOTY? I love this.

• Jessica September 4, 2011 at 20:16 #

I agree, I am in love. Beautiful dress.

5. Matt R September 4, 2011 at 19:17 #

Gorgeous….absolutely gorgeous. Venice has certainly provided some BDOTY nominees

6. Zineb September 4, 2011 at 19:30 #

Yes you’re right, they all look amazing !
    As for Cannes, yea the glamour was toned down a bit; I remember that only four or five gowns completely took my breath away, ( a bridal Versace gown by Uma, a metallic Gucci gown by Salma, the sexy blue Cavalli one by Bar & Zoe ‘s Armani … )

7. Ella September 4, 2011 at 19:33 #

OH MY WORD!!! I absolutely adore this look. MY BDOTW hands down!!

8. Amber September 4, 2011 at 19:34 #

She looks absolutely gorgeous!

9. couturecoco September 4, 2011 at 19:37 #

It’s perfection, pure and simple. Did have a slight case of deja vue – I think it’s similar to Violante Placido’s Alberta Ferretti dress last week.

10. mol September 4, 2011 at 19:45 #

I keep thinking I’m not really an Elie Saab fan, but then I keep seeing gowns of his that take my breath away…..the second photo in on the bottom detail shots is the one that really sent me over the moon in this case, stunning!

• Clover September 5, 2011 at 00:56 #

Agreed -that shot is gorgeous, with the dress draping out behind her like that.

What really made me smile was that in that picture the entire crowd is looking away from her at someone else! I can’t imagine what would top this!

• Fashion Critic September 5, 2011 at 07:46 #

Lol..I thought the same thing. What could they have been looking at ?

11. oksana September 4, 2011 at 19:47 #

i think color doesnt look good on her

• Marvel September 4, 2011 at 23:49 #

I agree. I think she’s too pale for the dress.

12. samaira September 4, 2011 at 20:17 #

*GUSH* OMG, I mean this isn’t just Elie Saab (which is amazing), this is Elie Saab Couture. She looks divine!!!

13. Francesca September 4, 2011 at 20:19 #

I love the look! It really is a worthy BDOTY candidate. But, I couldn’t help noticing how short her arms look comparing to Nimue’s (the model) :D

14. Jess September 4, 2011 at 20:46 #

Oh I love it. So beautiful I could weep!

15. NH September 4, 2011 at 20:50 #

i get so excited when i see elie saab gowns in red carpet. this was my favourite gown from the collection

16. Jones19 September 4, 2011 at 20:57 #

Such a heavenly look. The train of that gorgeous gown is the best part. J’adore.

17. Armaghan September 4, 2011 at 21:01 #

Beautiful.

18. Anna September 4, 2011 at 21:07 #

I think the reason you underestimated Venice is because it’s been very lackluster for the last couple of years, a situation that is thankfully changed this year. I like this gown, but I don’t love it. I wish celebrities would choose different shades from this collection, the bronzes and blues, and not stick to the pale tones.

• Fashion Critic September 4, 2011 at 21:18 #

Yes, it has thankfully changed.

I was expect to post maybe 3 looks the whole festival.

I’m glad to be proved wrong.

19. Hannah September 4, 2011 at 21:10 #

I adore the gown, but I am not fully in love with her in it. Firstly I think she lacks teh height really required for this gown, and that is a major let down because I had it pictured so beautifully in my head, like a diane kruger in marchesa at cannes 2009 moment. I also think that, and I find this a lot wiht her, probably because she is a newbie, she never works a gown to it’s full potential, even though she has STUNNING taste. Also the hair just doesn’t work for me, it’s way too messy, I need mroe eyebrow, and the shoes were offensive, they didn’t match the gown in elegance or even colour.

20. The Dame September 4, 2011 at 21:25 #

I adore Elie Saab for giving women feminine glamour

21. molly September 4, 2011 at 21:31 #

I love the dress, but it washes her out. The color is awful with her pale skin. The dress is stunning and so is Jessica, they just arent the best combination.
    I was actually expecting to see this gown on Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden. It seems like her kind of gown.

22. Kaz September 4, 2011 at 22:33 #

I’m like 85% of the way there with this look. The dress and jewels are heavenly, but I just feel it’s too tight around her mid-section – which is a bit of a shame (and she certainly isn’t a big girl). Gorgeous hair and make-up though!

23. dunzoo September 4, 2011 at 23:31 #

the dress on Nimue is amazing but on jessica it looks like a grandma dress… and the dress is too tight on the waist

• Gaber September 5, 2011 at 07:22 #

I am signing this.
      My biggest issue really is the waist and what it does for the whole silhouette.
      Honestly, it kind of kills the look for me.

24. Annel September 4, 2011 at 23:41 #

Totally agree, FC – we have most definately been graced with sheer perfection from this festival so far! Thx for such a fabulous blog!

• Fashion Critic September 5, 2011 at 07:47 #

You are very welcome x

25. Amanda September 5, 2011 at 01:02 #

SHE LOOKS PERFECT>>>UTTERLY AMAZING

26. Jen September 5, 2011 at 02:26 #

I like this better than Gwynnie’s nude look. This one should be in the BDOTW poll.

27. Ally September 5, 2011 at 03:21 #

This is definitely one of my favorite looks of the year so far. I would worry with her complexion that it would wash her out, but it really doesn’t. Perfection!

28. Leti September 5, 2011 at 13:12 #

I think she’s stunning in this dress. The only thing I don’t like are the false eyelashes, which I find a bit overwhelming in the close-up.

29. TJ-S September 5, 2011 at 20:36 #

Elie Saab for BDOTW twice i a row?? I think so!

30. CreoleLady September 6, 2011 at 02:20 #

Bellissima. The dress itself is exquisite. Went back and forth on whether the color works with her skintone. Thankfully, she is a redhead. If she were a blonde, I don’t think the color would have worked.