Following last night’s “Carnage” Premiere, Kate Winslet hit the red carpet again for the “Mildred Pierce” Venice Film Festival Premiere wearing yet another British designer.

This time she wore a Stella McCartney stretch cotton dress from the Fall 2011 collection.

Her black, beige and white stretch cotton dress contours her gorgeous curves in the best possible way.

I love that she loves her body and how the black panel cleverly gives her a tiny waist.

Her confidence is what I find most attractive in this picture.

She’s absolutely radiant.

Black YSL Palais suede peep-toe pumps and a low bun completed her look.

This wouldn’t be my first choice, but boy is she working it.

Which look do you prefer?

Stella McCartney or Victoria Beckham?

[nggallery id=968]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Bar Refaeli In Emilio Pucci - “Carnage” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Bar Refaeli In Emilio Pucci – “Carnage” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich - “Mildred Pierce” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich – “Mildred Pierce” Venice Film Festival Premiere

57 Responses to Kate Winslet In Stella McCartney – “Mildred Pierce” Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. robbie September 2, 2011 at 17:28 #

stella mccartney all the way. she actually looks comfortable in it, the victoria beckham dress looked like it would be hard to move in it was that tight. plus her hair and make-up in flawless here.

2. Alina September 2, 2011 at 17:30 #

I love this look.
    The black panel is really doing its job – when I saw the close-up pictures on Getty my first comment was : ” God , she has a tiny waist”.

However,I think the other look was more appropriate for a premiere at a film festival.

3. Barbs September 2, 2011 at 17:31 #

The boobs part is not working for me. It suits her badly, but from there down it looks great!

• mol September 2, 2011 at 17:49 #

• Emi September 2, 2011 at 20:39 #

I agree, and it’s a pity because this dress is very feminine and should be so flattering, but the fit on the breasts is terrible, while on the runway it’s perfect. But I prefer this dress.

• laura D September 2, 2011 at 21:20 #

Yes, they’re a bit too in-your-face. Sure she looks sexy as hell, but it’s a little too much like presenting her boobs in a spotlight.

4. Lucas September 2, 2011 at 17:31 #

OMG, I can’t breathe.

AMAZING!!!!!

5. Matt R September 2, 2011 at 17:32 #

Definitely the Stella McCartney dress. She is glowing here.

6. Lee Ann September 2, 2011 at 17:33 #

I am not a fan of either but I prefer the VB one-she looks like she is wearing comedy breasts in the Stella dress.

7. Vidhya September 2, 2011 at 17:33 #

Hate the boob part of this dress.. it looks equally bad in blue too.. she looks stunning tho..

8. Mario September 2, 2011 at 17:36 #

I’ve never seen a more hideous fit in the upper body, it’s just comical. I am seriously laughing right now. I prefer none.

• olivia September 2, 2011 at 19:25 #

9. Dorian Gray September 2, 2011 at 17:36 #

Love both looks! Maybe a little bit more this one because of the curves :-)
    I’m glad that this Venice Festival is showing amazing dresses, this is our best way to show the beauties of Italy after our sad politics stories :-(

10. Maria Claudia September 2, 2011 at 17:39 #

FC.. I much prefer this look.. as you said.. “boy is she working it”

xoxo

11. fromchi-town September 2, 2011 at 17:42 #

She is positively glowing – but the top part does not work for me.

• Rebecca Z September 2, 2011 at 21:56 #

+1 (also from Chicago)

12. Jennifer September 2, 2011 at 17:48 #

Girl is WORKING IT!

Even if the fit is off a smidge in the boob area – it doesn’t matter. She is so clearly comfortable and flaunting that she’s got it that I didn’t even notice until someone nitpicked about it.

I way prefer this look over VB – which while it looked good on her, it also aged her. This makes her look sensational.

• Elena September 2, 2011 at 18:24 #

13. JacobGH September 2, 2011 at 17:50 #

WOW.

This look>>>>>>>>Victoria Beckham

14. Marvel September 2, 2011 at 17:52 #

I like it and hate it.

She looks amazing and it looks great on her body. I love she’s supporting British designers as well

But I am disappointed she didnt opt for a gown second time running. Also I think this is more a photocall look. Didnt Penelope wear a very similliar dress in blue for a photocall at Cannes.
    Great look but a bit too casual

Prefer VB (never thought I’d say that lol)

• Fashion Critic September 2, 2011 at 17:57 #

she wore the blue velvety one

• Marvel September 2, 2011 at 18:01 #

Thought she did :)

15. Belisa September 2, 2011 at 17:56 #

i still want to see her in a gown

16. dee September 2, 2011 at 18:10 #

This one for sure. I hated the VB dress. She oozes sex appeal in this dress.

17. justme September 2, 2011 at 18:11 #

Stella without a doubt.
    The VB dress was too tight and was pretty ugly imo. This number is much better and polished. I also like her hair here.

I will admit that I still want her in a gown too.

18. Azur September 2, 2011 at 18:29 #

This look is ridiculous

19. Lou September 2, 2011 at 19:05 #

i hate it. hate the neckline. hate the fit. and while im at it i really dont like her hair colour and the fact her eyebrows are so dark!! ok, mini rant over!

20. Tatiana September 2, 2011 at 19:11 #

I seem to be the only one, but I absolutely despise this look :S. I feel like she’s trying too hard to be sexy, and these tight dresses she’s worn take away her elegance and make her look tacky (especially when she’s seriously underdressed when all the other movie stars and models are walking around this festival’s red carpet in gowns). I’m not a fan and hate saying it because I love Kate so much, but I need the elegant Kate back.

Also, the fit on the boobs is just AWFUL. She looks so bulky, tight and wide almost like some sort of superhero. AWFUL.

• Emi September 2, 2011 at 20:41 #

I kinda agree with you… When you try hard to be something… you fail, most of the times.

• pipsqueak September 3, 2011 at 04:51 #

Totally agree. I actually kind of like her choice to go “casual” for a change except the timing is questionable. But the fit is terrible.

• rebecca o September 3, 2011 at 05:50 #

ITA!

21. CreoleLady September 2, 2011 at 19:15 #

Neither. Not liking the direction she’s been going in recently — too tight, harsh blonde, neutral colors, same-old same-old silhouette.

22. Naomi September 2, 2011 at 19:15 #

…..the hell?
    As mentioned above, I really don’t know what was she thinking with the boob area.
    On top of that, I don’t understand her make-up choice

23. CSW September 2, 2011 at 19:46 #

I get what this dress is trying to do (enhance the cleavage, slim down the waist), but Kate as a normal enough sized cleavage that it makes her look too top heavy. It’s leaving a bad taste inside my mouth.

24. couturecoco September 2, 2011 at 19:50 #

I love Kate and her curves. It’s great she seems to be super confident at last but I hate to say it….for me, this is getting into Coco territory (Ice T’s wife), is that her name? Anyway maybe Kate was too safe before but this is the wrong direction now.

• Fashion Critic September 2, 2011 at 20:18 #

yes coco :)

25. Armaghan September 2, 2011 at 20:03 #

I don’t call any outfit beautiful unless the fit is perfect.
    There is Problem in here in chest area.It cannot be ignore.Bad fitting = Not a good look.

26. Teleholic September 2, 2011 at 20:10 #

DAYUM,

27. Hannah September 2, 2011 at 20:12 #

I love her attitude, it is so great on a red carpet, and her makeup too, ad of course her gorgeous cuff, but I really dislike the look. Thisis NOT jsut NOT a premiere look, especially not at Venice Film Festival. Also, I get that she has a great body, and wants to shwo it off, but I am bored of the same style of dress over and voer and over and over again, it really reminds me of Jenniffer Hudson, great at first but it becomes a drag after the fourth bod-con dress.

28. Dhppy September 2, 2011 at 20:13 #

Va Va Voom! I looks worlds better on Kate than on the model. Such sexy minimalism. And I love the top, it’s makes the breasts look high and firm. If I looked like that in that dress, I’d feel confident too.

29. Arianne September 2, 2011 at 20:35 #

It’s amazing what a beautiful body and tons of personality can do for a dress <3

30. Ylenia Castellano September 2, 2011 at 21:13 #

It´s Stella McCartney for me. VB choice, made me feel uncomfortable even by just looking at it. Plus her hair is also much better here.

I do agree though with all the comments above in reference to the design cutting three quaters down her chest rather than right under it, which would have taken this look to ultra flattering standards.

31. Molly September 2, 2011 at 21:21 #

Argh! Two in a row that I absolutely hate. I agree – not happy with this turn. I had thought that Kate’s style was inherently classic and classy. This left turn away from that is not good.

32. oksana September 2, 2011 at 22:19 #

both dresses were beautiful but i prefer stella

33. Giuseppi Giraffe September 2, 2011 at 22:57 #

black panels on the side are great, but the breast panel is just so awkward i can’t see anything else

34. Susana September 3, 2011 at 00:24 #

I hate swimsuit-inspired dresses with a passion and I find the neck and boobline really hideous, but,I would give her the best-looking-celebrity-in-the-ugliest-dress-of-the-week award.

FC, many thanks fot your amazing coverage on this Film Festival. You should be very very proud to make so many people happy :-) I love, love your blog!
    Regards from Spain

• Fashion Critic September 3, 2011 at 04:13 #

Thank you.

I feel very happy that you all share my love for red carpet fashion xx

35. Cara September 3, 2011 at 00:31 #

just like many others, i hate the boob part. makes her look like shes wearing the most extreme push up bra. if it had just been the same as the rest of the dress it would have been perfect.

36. Parvati September 3, 2011 at 00:50 #

I definitely prefer this look to the Victoria Beckham one, but still, I’m a bit disappointed that she hasn’t opted for a gown, yet. The dress is very nice, but what’s going on at the boobs area stops me from liking this look. It looks really weird.

37. Chinyere September 3, 2011 at 04:48 #

damn she looks AMAZZZZING!!!!

38. Sophie September 3, 2011 at 06:24 #

Both are awful, esp Stella – looking at the top half of this picture you might think she was going to the gym or audtioning for who framed roger rabbit 2

39. KateS September 3, 2011 at 06:43 #

Oh dear. I love her confidence and there is no doubt she has an amazing body. However. I hate both looks. The Victoria Beckham was so tight it was shiny in a way the runway version didn’t look at all and I almost can’t believe she could walk the red carpet with the amount of negative ease going on. And this dress is dramatic, but it’s ideal for a leaner figure, to give more the look of a curvy body. Kate doesn’t need help with that.

40. David K. September 3, 2011 at 16:25 #

Astonishingly fantastic. Winslet here is on par with classics such as Audrey Hepburn in Givenchy.

41. Raquel September 3, 2011 at 18:17 #

She is working the look, I agree but it fits poor aorund the chest. Either way, I love that she isn’t afraid of figure hugging dresses. Hate the shoes, though.

42. Tahj September 3, 2011 at 20:23 #

Kate Winslet poses soooo straight. lol. Or maybe trying to suck in the stomach. Liv Tyler wore a blue dress that was similar to this with the black shading. That look was much better than this. This would be nice if the bosom area were different.

43. Cindy September 4, 2011 at 22:01 #

Kate Winslet is absolutely stunning in this Stella McCartney dress. Beautiful.

44. RT September 10, 2011 at 08:02 #

I like her but the outfit doesn’t work for her. It makes her look harsh and masculine. Not at all flattering to her personality.