Kate Bosworth In Valentino – 2011 Deauville Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Kate Bosworth also attended the 2011 Deauville Film Festival Opening Ceremony in France this evening.

The blonde actress wore a Valentino silk chiffon dress from the Fall 2011 collection.

Her luxurious dress is in a beautiful burgundy plum autumn shade which is a perfect red carpet colour as we are seeing the last few days of summer.

The elegant and stylish dress has silk chiffon sleeves, a fluid sablé skirt and a decorative belted waist with a signature Valentino bow

Kate accessorized with Valentino rosette-embellished, bow accented clutch and snake-skin Valentino ankle strap peep-toes.

Bronzed drop earrings and a low tied ponytail completed her look.

Would you like to see this up for BDOTW?

[nggallery id=970]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emma Stone In Roland Mouret - 2011 Deauville Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Emma Stone In Roland Mouret – 2011 Deauville Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Shop The Deauville Film Festival Opening Ceremony Red Carpet Looks

Shop The Deauville Film Festival Opening Ceremony Red Carpet Looks

22 Responses to Kate Bosworth In Valentino – 2011 Deauville Film Festival Opening Ceremony

1. dee September 2, 2011 at 22:38 #

What a gorgeous look. Love, love, love, love the shoes.

2. Marvel September 2, 2011 at 22:43 #

Whilst I really love the dress, I just cant love it on her. I cant just stand her Red Carpet hopping to every event (although I do like her a bit more now that she isnt with Alexander Skarsgard now :) )

3. molly September 2, 2011 at 22:46 #

When I saw her name, I thought “ugh” as my natural response, but when I saw the picture my responce was “oh…”. She looks great. Everything this about this is perfect. Especially those shoes! This is probably the best she has ever looked. Its nice to see her not trying to adapt “Coachella style” into a red carpet look for once. BDOTW for sure.

4. Lou September 2, 2011 at 22:50 #

i like it a lot and she usually leaves me cold.

5. Rebecca Z September 2, 2011 at 22:51 #

Great shoes, but with all the other amazing looks this week, I don’t think this is a BDOTW contender

6. guest September 2, 2011 at 22:52 #

dress – yes, hair – big NO.

7. mol September 2, 2011 at 22:52 #

Kate Bosworth isn’t my favorite person to see on the RC – somehow she leaves me feeling removed and inert……but, in all honesty, I have to say that this outfit seems absolutely perfectly executed and perhaps also, by not being a gown, in keeping with a smaller festival than Venice (?) Anyway, as my hubby sometimes says to me, your the “decider”, it’s all ultimately up to you F.C. who makes your BDOTW list, no doubt there will be lots of complaints on who you left out with so many choices!

8. Megan September 2, 2011 at 23:02 #

Oh the dress is so pretty but I would love this look 10x more if she weren’t so frail looking! It completely ruins the aesthetic for me.

9. M September 2, 2011 at 23:19 #

Yes she looks great but no to BDOTW. It just doesn’t quite pop.

• Alina September 3, 2011 at 05:43 #

10. Ylenia Castellano September 2, 2011 at 23:24 #

I like the dress but for once I think I prefer it on the model. Not keen on the clutch but totally in love with her shoes!

Perhaps, with all the great looks this week, I wouldn’t vote her for BDOTW contender.

11. Suz September 2, 2011 at 23:41 #

I want this dress, and I love this look. BDOTW contender for me.

12. Jacqu September 3, 2011 at 00:19 #

Not my favourite person or actress, but the look is top to toe beautiful.

13. anna September 3, 2011 at 01:19 #

perfectly CHIC!

14. maria September 3, 2011 at 01:33 #

i love the dress and the shoes separately, but i do dislike them together.

15. Emi September 3, 2011 at 08:25 #

Lovely dress, I don’t like the shoes, most of all with the dress.

16. valentino4867 September 3, 2011 at 08:46 #

CORRECTION: The dress is not a ‘beautiful burgundy plum autumn shade’ – it is the same black as the runway version just the evening sunlight makes it look browny/plum. The local colour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_color_(visual_art)) of the dress is defs black

17. The Dame September 3, 2011 at 10:42 #

That dress is gorgeous, she looks beautiful

18. chrisk September 3, 2011 at 14:28 #

Thank you Valentino 4867 for your generous and informative post. You took a moment to enlighten us, and we are better for it!

19. Tahj September 3, 2011 at 20:19 #

Wow she finally wore something great. So elegant. Although I would prefer to see it worn on a real actress not someone who shows up to the opening of an envelope and thinks she’s such a style icon. Sorry sweetie, but you ain’t. Nice dress though.

20. Lee September 3, 2011 at 22:44 #

I think she looks really good, her makeup is lower key or something, she looks fresh. I’m so glad you always post the runway pics with the red carpet pic, kb looks nice but the model looks perfect. The runway shoes, the model’s hair, also the model doesn’t look anything like a barbie doll. Not BDOTW on kb, but a nice look for her.

21. santirso pasión September 13, 2011 at 09:05 #

Bellisimo! It would be even more fabulous with one Santirso Pasión Fascinators! take a look and Like our Facebook page