Evan Rachel Wood put her best foot forward on the red carpet tonight for the “Mildred Pierce” Venice Film Festival Premiere.

The actress wears her second Alessandra Rich Fall 2011 gown during this film festival.

I love how she gave this classic Alessandra Rich stretch silk-blend column gown with a nude and black lace body a 60s spin with her hair and make-up.

It’s a gorgeous look which she’s working so well, but I wish the skirt was a tad longer.

The dress needed the belt and I would’ve preferred strappy sandals to prevent this from feeling like a ‘photocall’ look.

Ferragamo clutch completed her look.

[nggallery id=967]

Credit: Alessandra Rich.com & Getty

Kate Winslet In Stella McCartney - "Mildred Pierce" Venice Film Festival Premiere

Kate Winslet In Stella McCartney – “Mildred Pierce” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Shop The “Mildred Pierce” Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Looks

Shop The “Mildred Pierce” Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Looks

16 Responses to Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich – “Mildred Pierce” Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. mol September 2, 2011 at 17:52 #

I love this look from the ankles up – you are so right about the shoes and also a tiny bit longer on the skirt. Otherwise, it is so perfect with the hairstyle and all, too bad….

2. Marvel September 2, 2011 at 17:53 #

I expected much better from Evan. The dress is NY premiere at best. I do love her hair here though

3. Alina September 2, 2011 at 17:55 #

I had so high expectations for her (Elie Saab , Gucci Premiere ) – this is just not working for me.

4. justme September 2, 2011 at 18:09 #

I agree with your remarks, FC. Also, her makeup is good from afar but far from good upclose.
    Oh well, at least, she continues to rock her short hair with different styles.

• Manja September 2, 2011 at 18:50 #

my thoughts exactly

• Emi September 2, 2011 at 20:35 #

I agree with FC and with you, when I saw the close-up… terrible make up.

• Rebecca Z September 2, 2011 at 21:59 #

Yes–the heavy eyeliner makes her eyes look way too close together–almost cross-eyed. Much prefer the white dress

5. Verena September 2, 2011 at 18:10 #

Not great but I prefer it to the white one before.

6. dee September 2, 2011 at 18:12 #

I don’t like the eye makeup and the shoes are a bore. The dress is okay.

7. Natalie September 2, 2011 at 18:23 #

Stunning, I think I may prefer the white Alessandra Rich number (she’s easily the best dressed so far next to Andrea Riseborough and Keira Knightley in these 3 days) but the cut of this dress is so flattering, and I love the intense eye make up

8. TeaAtTwo September 2, 2011 at 18:57 #

I mostly have issue the ‘stick the leg out’ posing.

9. Hannah September 2, 2011 at 20:07 #

I am slightly undecided about this look, at first I loved it but then all teh little things began to irritate me. For example, teh skirt length, I like that it is new, but without the belt it doesn’t work, also it is too casual, and her shoes ar enever goign to be appreciated by me, except that I think that strappy sandals woudl have been too generic for this look and so something cool, like a charlotte olympia pump or a kirkwood shoe would have been better. Also, I adore hte new makeup (much mroeso from afar but still) because amazing as her makeup always is, itis always the same. I really love her clutch adn her attitude though. That being said, I had this dress picked out for Olivia Wilde, witht he belt, since I think it would perfectly fit what she has kept trying, but slightly failign to do recently.

10. Ylenia Castellano September 2, 2011 at 21:37 #

I thought it was ok until I saw the close ups: the make up is too much, the dress looks like it needs a wash and the shoes are extremely boring.

Im more of a shirt-dress voter; a less conventional choice that really worked for me.

11. Parvati September 3, 2011 at 00:58 #

I quite like this look. It’s cute and I love her hair and make-up. However, I agree that she should have worn strappy sandals and the gown should have been longer.

12. Teleholic September 3, 2011 at 02:56 #

She really reminds me of Elizabeth Rohm in the main photo.

I hesitate to call the make-up ‘bad’ because it was definitely intentional and well-done in that respect. I like that she’s having fun.

13. pipsqueak September 3, 2011 at 04:40 #

I agree with FC’s assessment completely. The length of the dress is weird and I’m not a fan of pumps of any types. Love the top half and the 60s vibe.