Kate Winslet In Victoria Beckham – “Carnage” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Kate Winslet was radiant on the red carpet for her “Carnage” Premiere during the 2011 Venice Film Festival this evening.

This was a classic case of one British talent supporting another as Kate wore a Victoria Beckham Fall 2011 dress.

It’s not the gown I was quite expecting, but this Film Festival is throwing up a lot of interesting choices so far.

Kate’s dark sand dense rib jersey dress with an open neck also has a signature rose gold zip running along the back.

She wore her hair up in a high ponytail to show of those amazing earrings which were equally matched with sparkling Jimmy Choo ‘Viola’ sandals.

The dress fits like a glove and I’m thankful that she’s broken her black dress run.

[nggallery id=965]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Marisa Tomei In Erdem -  "W.E." Venice Film Festival Premiere

Marisa Tomei In Erdem – “W.E.” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Abbie Cornish In Atelier Versace - "W.E." Venice Film Festival Premiere

Abbie Cornish In Atelier Versace – “W.E.” Venice Film Festival Premiere

38 Responses to Kate Winslet In Victoria Beckham – “Carnage” Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. maria September 1, 2011 at 20:41 #

i like it, but i don’t LOVE it. It feels a bit daytime for me.

2. fromchi-town September 1, 2011 at 20:46 #

There’s something about it that I don’t quite like. Maybe its too tight on her, or maybe the dress is not red-carpet worthy.

• olivia September 1, 2011 at 21:21 #

it’s the same for me, something just ain’t right, but i can’t put my finger on what bothers me really about this

• Valeria September 2, 2011 at 06:34 #

Both! Not a redcarpet look I agree, and it’s too tight. Plus color really bad for her complexion, front shoulder detail is completely unflattering, dark eyebrows don’t work for me. She looks best in black and navy I think

• Emi September 2, 2011 at 07:45 #

It’s the same for me. I think the dress is too tight, on the chest the fit is quite bad. I like the back zip and the shoes are amazing but it’s not enough for such a red carpet.

• manja September 2, 2011 at 09:45 #

3. Paddy M September 1, 2011 at 20:46 #

I would be calling for this to make the BDOTW poll if it wasn’t for her hairstyle. It does nothing to soften up the overall look, which is already austere and architectural enough. I also don’t like how it frames her face – it makes her look more masculine. Kate is gorgeous and so is the dress, so I’m disappointed. I wish I could love it.

4. Rose September 1, 2011 at 20:47 #

Although I wanted her to wear a couture gown , she looks amazing. I’m relieved to see that she wore her hair up.

5. Tatiana September 1, 2011 at 20:52 #

It’s a bit of a weird dress because the top half looks very nighttime, but the bottom half is very daytime.

I think the dress is more fitting to be worn for an appearance on a late night show, not on a red carpet, and especially not one at a prestigious film festival :S. Nonetheless, it’s a pretty dress.

• Hannah September 1, 2011 at 21:08 #

Exactly, the dress is pretty ut a daytime dress, so the way she styled it looks nighttime, hence the top half looks nighttime, and the bottom half looks daytime.

• Nat39 September 2, 2011 at 01:03 #

Agree, wrong evening styling of a rather casual daytime looking dress. The sparkly sandals, the jewellery look completely out of place. Just not working.

6. Elaine2 September 1, 2011 at 20:57 #

There’s nothing about this ensemble I like, except maybe the Jimmy Choos….. The dress seems to add poundage on her, and what is with that hair? The color of the dress really doesn’t do much for her complexion IMO…..

7. dee September 1, 2011 at 21:00 #

I don’t really care for the dress on her. The color isn’t flattering against her skintone. I wish the top part of the dress was more off her shoulders. The ponytail isn’t working and the dress screams daytime. I am not liking this much.

• dee September 1, 2011 at 21:02 #

I will say that I love the sandals and the earrings are pretty. I like that she wore something unexpected but it just isn’t working for me.

• Danika September 1, 2011 at 23:03 #

I agree, the colour really doesn’t work, her hair ages her/is unflattering, and I find the effect of the sandals with the dress sort of jarring. I have to say, I hate the neckline as well! Not impressed by this. The back view is much better!

8. Hannah September 1, 2011 at 21:07 #

Gorgeous though she looks in ths dress, I am simply nto impressed. I feel like the excitement from yestrday has been washed away by the mundane festival looks of today. This is Venice Film Festival, I expect this kind of dressing at photocalls, even if it is a bit dressy for daytime. Also, the collar on the runway is much prefered, it seems too severe the way she wore it.

9. shopgirl September 1, 2011 at 21:20 #

she look perfect .. the dress fit her
    BUT i was looking to see her in Gown Maybe Elie saab dress

10. Jen September 1, 2011 at 21:44 #

I actually love her hair, her makeup, her earrings and her shoes. And her posture & poise. But the dress … That muddy taupe color … do not like.

• Valeria September 2, 2011 at 06:36 #

The color of diaper contents, sadly

11. The.Shoe.Freak September 1, 2011 at 21:51 #

She looks awesome! love the back and her body, wow!

12. chryssa September 1, 2011 at 22:02 #

not a good look imo, the model looks way better in the dress!Kate looks radiant from the neck up though!

13. Naomi September 1, 2011 at 22:03 #

I really don’t like this dress on her – Not the shape, not the fit, and definitely not the color.

14. Fer September 1, 2011 at 22:08 #

WOW!!!, i am shocked i can’t believe THAT dress looks that amazing!, it looks way better on the red carpet that on the model!, such a great styling. She looks magnificent, i know it’s not a “gown” but damn it’s a great dress.

15. Jess September 1, 2011 at 22:12 #

The putty colour looks horrible on her, plus it is too tight…it almost looks padded/quilted.

I like the shoes though!

16. Rebecca Z September 1, 2011 at 22:14 #

Disappointing. I agree with many of the other comments, and I actually think it is too tight on her–there should be some room for the dress to move like on the model. Still–the woman is a knockout, even when the dress is a disappointment.

17. Hannah September 1, 2011 at 22:27 #

Honestly this jsut screams Juli Roberts to me, this is what I would expect of her, wich is definitely not a compliment. Not impressed at all, I was expecting miuch better.

18. couturecoco September 1, 2011 at 22:37 #

No, just no.

19. Lucía September 1, 2011 at 22:46 #

I don’t really like the fit or de color

20. serenissima September 2, 2011 at 01:27 #

she is so fabulous. LOVE her curves

21. pipsqueak September 2, 2011 at 02:28 #

I voted for this look in the poll, b/c Kate looked radiant from front and when she stood still. However, as I scrolled down to this post and saw different views of the look, I thought the dress was too tight for her and the back looked unflattering. The back zip thing is also overly done. I know Kate’s trying to do the anti-Hollywood, “I love my curves” and the “I’m doing this for all women out there” thing. But there are standards in high fashion and the film business. I think she should stop wearing such tight dresses as this one and the other one (a black Stella McCarthy number I’ve seen on this blog). Getting the fit right doesn’t go against being beautiful and sophisticated.

22. Molly September 2, 2011 at 03:48 #

Ooh, I just hate this. I can’t remember when I have EVER disliked something Kate Winslet wore this much. I usually find her stunning, classy, impressive. The thing about the fit of the top is what bothers me the most. It is like her boobs are inside the sleeves or something bizarre like that. Somehow it works on the model. This may be a style that works best on flatter-chested women with no curves at all. I really dislike it on Kate. Love the sandals and earrings, though.

23. Alina September 2, 2011 at 06:06 #

OK for a NY Premiere.

This is a film festival – we expect total glamour.

24. Jones19 September 2, 2011 at 12:23 #

Agh I’m torn…I love my girl Kate Winslet but I’m just hating this color and it’s a little too casual for me. I love it when she does glamour because she does it so well but I’m not feeling this.

25. robbie September 2, 2011 at 12:41 #

bad, the hair is a terrible the dress looks like it is about to burst at the seams not to mention that neckline looks weird. thank god she picked good shoes though.

26. Fashion Interlude September 2, 2011 at 16:03 #

ok a bit casual, but the collar detail makes it very red carpet worthy, but against all the gowns, it will disappear, but i think she looks sensational,.

27. lin September 3, 2011 at 07:31 #

Sorry – don’t like this at all. The hair, the colour of the dress, the neckline. Plus it’s too tight. Love the shoes though (and I love Kate).

28. thebeautyphilosopher September 3, 2011 at 07:52 #

This is one of my favourite ever Kate W. looks. Sculptural, strong yet it retains that Kate Winslet winsome classic elegance.

29. Tahj September 3, 2011 at 20:27 #

This would look amazing on Zoe Saldana but not so much Kate.