31.08.11 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere?

Credit: Getty

Violante Placido In Alberta Ferretti - “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Violante Placido In Alberta Ferretti – “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Diane Kruger In Chanel Couture - 2011 Venice Film Festival Opening Dinner

Diane Kruger In Chanel Couture – 2011 Venice Film Festival Opening Dinner

36 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere?

1. Naomi August 31, 2011 at 20:50 #

Vittoria Puccini in Versace!
    Such a light and lovely look.
    And sometimes a big smile can be the best accessory one needs.
    :D

• jkrau September 2, 2011 at 06:33 #

True! She looks happy to be there… Diane however… nope.

2. Emi August 31, 2011 at 21:00 #

Diane, but it was a difficult choice. So far, Venezia is giving us gorgeous gowns… I’m looking forward to see what’s coming next…

3. Vidhya August 31, 2011 at 21:02 #

A dream BDOTW poll.. featuring every one of the dream designers :)

4. Hannah August 31, 2011 at 21:02 #

This was really difficult for me, it was between Diane and Vittoria, but I ended up giving it to Vittoria, because I prefered the runway version of the Elie Saab dress, with the less sheer skirt, and the straps bothered me somehow, an dalso because I think I refuse to believe that Diane can look that perfect all the time.
    Also, this event, singular event, has made it clear that celebrities, and I said this last year, are like buses, you wait ages for one and then 3, or in this case 7, come along at once.

5. Elena August 31, 2011 at 21:06 #

Violante in Ferretti.
    I can’t take my eyes off the dress.
    I covet.
    Badly.

6. andi August 31, 2011 at 21:08 #

OH MY GOODNESS! TOO HARD! SO HARD TO CHOOSE!

7. mol August 31, 2011 at 21:20 #

Vittoria – light chic, easy and perfect.

8. Dirk August 31, 2011 at 21:28 #

How about all of the above?

I’m leaning toward Kruger, but then there’s Cindy Crawford and Violante.

You know what? I’ll just not vote. It’s too much. lol.

9. Jake August 31, 2011 at 21:39 #

Dying over Diane right now! One of the best looks of 2011 thus far, right up there with Cate Blanchett at the Oscars in Givenchy. STUNNING. She can work a gown like no other.

10. justme August 31, 2011 at 21:42 #

Vittoria!

11. Elise August 31, 2011 at 21:51 #

Diane is just perfect, she kept it simple but the dress is wonderfu!

12. DivaMom August 31, 2011 at 21:54 #

Do we have to pick just one? They are ALL owning it in different ways. I need to go back and see all the individual posts first!

13. Rory August 31, 2011 at 22:01 #

BDOTY is going to be bananas.

14. Quinn August 31, 2011 at 22:05 #

Vittoria Puccini…pure perfection!

15. olivia August 31, 2011 at 22:09 #

Vittoria! that gown is simply stunning. diane looks very good, but i don’t like the pose somehow, and prefer the runway version of that dress

16. Teleholic August 31, 2011 at 22:56 #

For me, it was between Diane and Vittoria in that gorgeous Versace. I ended up going with Vittoria– she just looks amazingly angelic, I can’t find a single flaw. I LOVE Diane’s longer hair, it always seemed a lot shorter to me but I think it’s just the way she styled it. I am LOVING this red carpet! If the celebrities keep this up, Venice will end up better-dressed than Cannes. In fact, I think it already is. WOW. Done gushing now :)

17. Mariia August 31, 2011 at 23:10 #

Diana, without a doubt! She looks absolutely stunning, again! How is it possible for her to always look so amazing?

18. Gabby August 31, 2011 at 23:24 #

My jaw dropped when I saw Diane…OH MY GOD!! She looks so beautiful that I’m lost for words, wow!

She definitely gets my vote, my other favourites are Vittoria Puccini and Brianca Brandolini both were amazing.

19. Rachel Alison August 31, 2011 at 23:52 #

The best ‘Best Dressed Of…’ poll ever featured on this site. I can pick at least 3 BDOTY from it.

20. Sea September 1, 2011 at 00:47 #

Dear FC – you’ve been giving us really difficult choices! I can’t decide – torn btwn Elie Saab & versace

• Fashion Critic September 1, 2011 at 07:56 #

me either :D

• Sea September 1, 2011 at 23:50 #

in the end my vote went to the versace gown. diane always looks amazing & has won too many times. plus i still prefer the neckline of the runway version. thank you for covering a gamut of events! this is THE BEST fashion blog! i would like it better if you could cover more street style (albeit the name of your site), which is what ordinary ppl usually wear on a daily basis. XOXO FC!

21. Parvati September 1, 2011 at 01:37 #

Vittoria Puccini’s looks are the best, in my opinion, but my vote goes to the Versace look (although the Alberta Ferretti is perfect, as well)!

Right now, Diane Kruger is winning and seriously, I’m getting tired of her winning every Best Dressed poll. Don’t get me wrong, I like her style and her looks are almost always perfect, but I feel that by some point, she’s constantly being considered Best Dressed just because she is Diane Kruger and we automatically assume that whatever she wears is always gorgeous and always better than what other celebrities wear.

22. Andrew September 1, 2011 at 01:55 #

Where’s the love for Evan Rachel Wood and Marisa Tomei? I absolutely loved the shirt dress (so unique), and Marisa’s dress is really elegant, and color is gorgeous.

• dee September 1, 2011 at 15:10 #

Well I personally thought that Marisa was fabulous. Her dress is so unexpected and the color is lovely on her. I also liked Violante’s.

23. CB September 1, 2011 at 01:55 #

Wow. This is HARD.

24. pipsqueak September 1, 2011 at 04:10 #

Evan Rachel Wood … hands down! So unconventional, chic and sophisticated. She’s the epitome of cool girl in her generation of actresses. Not many of her peers could pull this dress off on the red carpet.

25. Giuseppi Giraffe September 1, 2011 at 04:50 #

this was a tough choice! they all looked fabulous! good job,ladies!

26. doc September 1, 2011 at 05:46 #

Damn, these girls brought their A game!!! Everybody was killing the red carpet. I can’t even choose.

27. Lo September 1, 2011 at 06:35 #

I have an issue with this Elie gown. It’s not anything different or special, just another embellished flawless couture ES gown but whats different other than Diane looking flawless again?

Vs. Vitt in Versace who looks like an angel in something so different.

28. PamG September 1, 2011 at 07:10 #

All the ladies look lovely, but my vote goes to Vittoria in Versace. She looks beautiful in a classically glamourourous way – perfect for a film festival!

29. Alina September 1, 2011 at 10:18 #

1.Diane Kruger in Elie Saab Couture
    2.Vittoria Puccini in Versace
    3.Violante Placido in Alberta Ferretti

Who was your favourite , FC ?

• Fashion Critic September 1, 2011 at 11:30 #

Impossible to choose, but I favored ur 3

30. Lucía September 1, 2011 at 11:00 #

It’s between Diane and Violante for me, but Diane gets my vote

31. Rosie September 1, 2011 at 14:43 #

I had to go with Diane but everyone looked absolutely gorgeous. My only wish is that Ryan Gosling would have shown up for his premiere – then it would really have been a dream come true