Evan Rachel Wood opted for something more experimental on the red carpet for “The Ides Of March” Premiere during the 2011 Venice Film Festival this evening.

She wore an Alessandra Rich Fall 2011 shantung shirt dress.

Unfortunately the white dress doesn’t quite work for me.

I really want to love it, but I’m just not getting there.

I love the striped lace top half and the belt which nicely cinches in the waist.

I’m not crazy about the Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, but I don’t hate them so that only leaves the hair.

Whilst it worked on her earlier Dolce & Gabbana look, I find it aging here.

My immediate thought when I saw Evan was Julie Andrews.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Diane Kruger In Elie Saab Couture - “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Diane Kruger In Elie Saab Couture – “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Marisa Tomei In Marios Schwab - “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Marisa Tomei In Marios Schwab – “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

29 Responses to Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich – “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. Verena August 31, 2011 at 19:30 #

I know what you mean… I think the fabric is the main problem. It’s like a huge men’s shirt. I wish she had opted for something a teeny bit more formal (for lack of a better word).

2. AW August 31, 2011 at 19:35 #

I can’t get past the obvious leg pose. I so wish celebs would lose it.

It looks incredibly desperate.

• G September 1, 2011 at 01:54 #

Totally agree.

• oksana September 1, 2011 at 14:17 #

3. Luiza August 31, 2011 at 19:38 #

I was prayng to see her wearing a stunning Gucci premeire gown :(

4. chryssa August 31, 2011 at 19:40 #

i totally agree about the hair but i think she looks really chic,sophisticated and interesting!

• Emi August 31, 2011 at 19:55 #

I agree with you. Also i like the shoes but maybe they’re not the best choice for this dress.

• Lola August 31, 2011 at 19:57 #

I totally agree with you it is different and elegant in a 50 ties Grace Kelly way… but I also think that she should loose the legpose…

• GLENN August 31, 2011 at 20:47 #

I think she looks great
      love the drees ….
      and she looks so elegant

• mol August 31, 2011 at 21:13 #

I agree, chic and interesting – I like this, even the shoes, I don’t even mind the vampy pose….

• Jen September 1, 2011 at 12:11 #

She’s actually been one of my favorites this year .. I like how she changes things up. Personally I love those shoes.

5. robbie August 31, 2011 at 19:45 #

totally thought of julie andrews aswell. the dress has a nice old hollywood feel to it but not really red carpet especially for a premiere worthy dress.

6. Nat39 August 31, 2011 at 19:50 #

I like the shirt dress! Would prefer large gold hoop earring with it. Don`t mind the shoes much. Really dislike her hair but then I looked at the model`s…hideous!

7. justme August 31, 2011 at 19:53 #

I don’t mind the hair but the black shoes are a terrible choice.
    Also, the makeup might have been flawless for her D&G look but this dress needed something edgier. A bright lipstick like the model would have made a huge difference imo.

8. Rebecca Z August 31, 2011 at 20:16 #

I agree that the fabric of the skirt of the dress is a let-down, but I think it is a daring choice and she deserves a lot of credit for branching out. This woman is YOUNG–she is such an individual.

• Jen September 1, 2011 at 12:12 #

9. maria August 31, 2011 at 20:17 #

i like it. Just because it’s different. As beautiful as Diane Kruger looks, it’s also expected, tulle, sparkles.
    This is just a very clean look and fits her overall style and personality.
    I agree though that it needed a bit edgier styling.

10. shopgirl August 31, 2011 at 20:18 #

waist up I LOVE it but hate the skirt .. i adore her Makeup and the hair so chic

11. Jacqu August 31, 2011 at 20:19 #

Not the best choice of shoes, no suggestions on the hair but I would have liked it soft and feminine to balance out the long men’s shirt she’s wearing, but over all, I still love her and think she looks fantastic.

12. Anna August 31, 2011 at 20:23 #

I think the problem is more in the skirt than in the hair. The fabric is too stiff and makes the lower part of the dress really unflattering. I’m also not fond of the modification on the sleeves.

13. Megan August 31, 2011 at 20:23 #

I agree with everything you said fc.But alessandra richs designs are certainly becoming more popular which I’m happy about because you’re sure to see something unique.

14. nyfashionista August 31, 2011 at 20:42 #

I love the dress.It reminds me of something that Michael Kors did years ago.A young sexy hair style would have worked, as well as fresh fun jewelry.

15. Jess August 31, 2011 at 20:51 #

If she’d worn it like the model, and with better shoes, and a red lip…..and better hair, then it would have been passable.

16. MJ August 31, 2011 at 22:32 #

You are so right about the Julie Andrews comment LOL!

17. Fer August 31, 2011 at 22:41 #

I have to start by saying how damn happy i am to see Alessandra Rich in the runway, really REALLY happy, i have been waiting for her designs to be shown in a big way, yes i know 2 or 3 girls have shown her designs earlier but, well i just wish she starts getting the attention her desings really deserve. They are magnificent..

Maybe this one is not her best dress but, she looks sophisticated, poised, and cool. And really effortless and that is for me, the essence of Alessandra Rich’s desings.

Amazing.

18. Jones19 August 31, 2011 at 23:11 #

I don’t like the hair either but she is working that gown! Love it.

19. Lils September 1, 2011 at 08:31 #

I quite like it and even if the shoes aren’t too bad they aren’t a good choice either. As for the hair it just doesn’t work on this occasion

20. Alina September 1, 2011 at 10:07 #

Me no likey.

21. cleve-rchris September 1, 2011 at 21:59 #

Evan Rachel Wood exudes ease and elegance in this classic silhouette. Hair a la Veronica Lake would have been fun. I can’t put my finger on the perfect shoe, but these are a misstep.