God is good. He is truly answering all my prayers tonight.

Diane Kruger stepped on the red carpet tonight at “The Ides Of March” Premiere during the 2011 Venice Film Festival looking resplendent.

I don’t think I’ve seen her more radiant than she looks tonight.

Like me, many of you have been wishing for the German actress to don an Elie Saab gown and our wishes have come true tonight.

Her nude tulle gown with an embellished bodice has straps instead of the sheer yoke as the gown was presented on the runway.

Diane’s hair appears to be longer than I remember. Her soft waves tumble down her back as she completes her look with flawless make-up.

BDOTW just became a 3 way tie.

Diane wore a Jaeger-LeCoultre Joaillerie 101 watch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Chastain In Mary Katrantzou - 'The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Ischia Global Film + Music Festival Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Mary Katrantzou – ‘The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby’ Ischia Global Film + Music Festival Premiere

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich - “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich – “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

49 Responses to Diane Kruger In Elie Saab Couture – “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. Paddy M August 31, 2011 at 19:13 #

I prefer the dress with the sheer yoke, but she looks stunning all the same so I shouldn’t complain. Her long hair is gorgeous.

• Emi August 31, 2011 at 19:58 #

I agree with you, the runway dress is better, but she looks divine. She’s the only person who doesn’t look tacky with hair extensions.

• Valeria September 1, 2011 at 07:06 #

I completely agree-I hate yokes normally but this one should have been kept. Hair looks lifeless to me, not the best feature, but overall she looks really good

• Lils September 1, 2011 at 08:29 #

Just like Valeria, I usually hate yokes but on this occasion it was better than the straps. Even if her hair isn’t the best I’ve see it look so far it still is nice and I love her makeup which is as flawless as ever

2. molly August 31, 2011 at 19:13 #

I really wish she had kept the runway neckline. The straps ruin the look for me.

• Vidhya August 31, 2011 at 19:32 #

totally agree..

• sara August 31, 2011 at 19:36 #

me too.and her hair is longer…but very poor in the roots!but her face is flawless, no doubts!

• Umi August 31, 2011 at 20:57 #

i agree, she totally works that dress, but i dont like her hair at all.

3. jen August 31, 2011 at 19:15 #

She looks amazing… that’s how to do extensions the right way!

4. jo August 31, 2011 at 19:18 #

I’m speechless. She is beautiful.

5. Jacqu August 31, 2011 at 19:21 #

She looks like a goddess!

6. valeria b. August 31, 2011 at 19:22 #

All I can say is just WOW…

7. Matt R August 31, 2011 at 19:23 #

Damn, Diane can do no wrong. She looks so beautiful right now, and we get to see more of that beautiful Elie Saab Fall 2011 Couture collection. I’m kinda dying over this pic and this gown right now.

I pray Diane is there for the whole festival, and just continues to produce amazing look after amazing look.

8. Brittany S. August 31, 2011 at 19:23 #

Oh my goodness she looks incredible! I’m in love with Elie Saab and have been waiting for someone to wear a piece grime his 2012 fall collection. His dresses are so elegant and stunning; it’s only fitting that someone that graceful like Diane Kruger wear one. Love this look and his entire collection!

9. fromchi-town August 31, 2011 at 19:29 #

She looks exquisite. And her hair is mind blowing!!

• fromchi-town August 31, 2011 at 19:34 #

I can’t stop looking at her pic. How come she looks so perfect and gorgeous every single time. Its just not fair I say!!

• mm August 31, 2011 at 19:51 #

LOL!!

10. Nat39 August 31, 2011 at 19:29 #

Pretty dress but a bit unflattering on her – makes her torso look so short and kinda boxy.
    Pretty hair but too relaxed, gives the whole look sort of relaxed lingerie feel. I`d prefer a gorgeous wavy updo with this dress.

11. chocolatepluscheese August 31, 2011 at 19:30 #

Aaaaaaahhh!!! She’s just so beautiful. Perfect bone structure. She looks like a Greek goddess or something. BDOTW?

• artemis August 31, 2011 at 20:36 #

Agreed! She looks amazing!! totally glowing! Her bone structure gives that goddess feeling!

12. chryssa August 31, 2011 at 19:39 #

she looks beautiful but i prefer the runway version of the dress!she would have looked stunning!

13. Luiza August 31, 2011 at 19:40 #

one word for this woman: GODDES. everytime I see her on the red carpet I see “she looks beautiful than never”, but she’s always seems to get better, if that is possible. and I love the new long hair

14. Luiza August 31, 2011 at 19:41 #

… I see her on the red carpet I say*

15. MG August 31, 2011 at 19:42 #

I’m quite disappointed. The straps make the dress look cheap, and Diane looks a bit washed out

16. Victoria August 31, 2011 at 19:48 #

With that hair and bodice she looks like a virgin ready for sacrifce in smth like Conan The Barbarian with Nice Abs.

17. robbie August 31, 2011 at 19:49 #

she looks like a greek goddess, but the straps look bad, it would have been so nicer if she kept the runway neckline.

18. Rose August 31, 2011 at 19:53 #

I would’ve prefered the runway version but the straps are working too because she looks stunning as always. And I think her extensions work very well.

19. justme August 31, 2011 at 19:57 #

She’s wearing extensions, you can really tell the difference in texture with her real hair in the pic where the wind is blowing.
    My biggest complaint though is the sheer yoke. The gown went from amazing to ordinary with just that one detail.
    I also don’t like the pigeon-toed bended knee pose. Elie Saab deserves better lol.

20. Rebecca Z August 31, 2011 at 20:11 #

She looks spectacular–who knew she had a waist?

21. Anna August 31, 2011 at 20:14 #

I don’t see why so many people are complaining about the straps. To me, it’s a huge improvement, because sheer yokes always make me think of ice-skating dancers. Diane looks absolutely perfect and the dress isn’t cheapened in any way. This might be one of my BDOTY, actually.

• grace August 31, 2011 at 23:57 #

mine too! she looks spectacular!!!!!!!!

22. Megan August 31, 2011 at 20:20 #

Wow wow wow absolutely stunning!!!I’m speechless

23. keira August 31, 2011 at 20:29 #

i love her make-up & hair but i don’t like her posture in the first pic and the platform shoes….
    i think i also don’t like the waistline so her torso seems short

24. Jess August 31, 2011 at 20:40 #

runway is better, the straps take this to almost tacky. I love the shimmery skirt though.

25. Lucía August 31, 2011 at 20:54 #

wow, love it.

26. nicolas August 31, 2011 at 21:15 #

same strory, different dress :-p

27. mol August 31, 2011 at 21:18 #

No doubt she looks beautiful, but I just don’t like the hair extensions, and I, like several others, prefer the runway version.

28. dee August 31, 2011 at 21:49 #

I like it but I am not wowed. Something seems missing to me. I think I would have preferred the runway version. Also I think her hair would look better without the middle part.

29. Nicole August 31, 2011 at 22:00 #

As always she looks stunning, but I have to echo other’s in that I would have preferred the runway neckline. She could have pulled it off and it would have upped her to my BDOTW (Vittoria seems to be winning in my mind).

30. Hisadora August 31, 2011 at 22:38 #

Seriously, I have no words at how amazing she looks! Absolutely fantastic gown, hair, make up…. everything!

31. Fer August 31, 2011 at 22:59 #

I don’t find the point of writing a comment when i see a post of Diane Kruger, it’s like, i would be easier to Copy and paste. SHE always looks so perfect. Always.

32. Jones19 August 31, 2011 at 23:13 #

I’ll be staring at this picture for the next few hours. Okay bye.

33. The.Shoe.Freak August 31, 2011 at 23:29 #

Finally, one of my favorite red carpet girl has decided to re-wear Elie Saab after a very long time of wearing many other designers. It was about time for her to go back to Saab (she wore him a few times at the beginning of her red carpet outings). She looks amazing, as always. However, I agree with lots of you with the altered neckline. I preferred the runway as well. But still, beautiful Diane Kruger can do no wrong.

34. shap_half September 1, 2011 at 00:05 #

Is the skirt on that sheer?

So sexy, so beautiful.

35. JT September 1, 2011 at 01:47 #

Beautiful. I too have been starved for some glamour. I agree though, the straps do cheapen the dress. But she had worn Elie Saab before. She wore a gown from his couture fall 2007 line.

36. vicky September 1, 2011 at 06:13 #

I prefer the runway dress… Don’t like the straps and I feel she’s slightly washed out, it’s all one colour. Would have preferred this on a brunette.
    Her make up is flawless as usual and I like her change of hairstyle though, but this wasn’t my BDOTD.

37. Alina September 1, 2011 at 06:38 #

Stunning.

38. cheryl September 1, 2011 at 06:48 #

the close-up is just DROP DEAD DIVINELY gorgeous. now i totally understand why you like to feature her in your posts so much ! and her fashion sense is truly inspiring.

39. Lily September 2, 2011 at 05:17 #

What’s the world coming to? I don’t like a Diane Kruger look. Gasp! This look is boring. Too standard and dull for Diane. She usually manages to take looks that are dull on others look interesting. Nothing interesting here.