30.08.11

I’m always a little hesitant to feature Princess Beatrice because I have a soft spot for her which many of you don’t share.

This weekend she was a guest at Petra Ecclestone and James Stunt’s wedding celebrations in Rome, Italy.

Her beau Dave Clark, mother Sarah Ferguson and sister Princess Eugenie joined her for the special occasion.

On the Friday night for the rehearsal dinner she wore an Elie Saab tulle ruffle dress which has been worn twice before by Leighton Meester and Astrid Munoz.

Her steel-blue, fully-embroidered knee-length dress with a high neck and satin bow at waist was paired with Christian Louboutin sparkling silver glitter pumps.

On the day of the wedding, Princess Beatrice wore a custom Alberta Ferretti gown.

Her bold fuchsia strapless chiffon gown was accessorized with jewel encrusted sandals, some Princessy bling and a silver clutch.

I wish she had done something different with her hair for the wedding.

It feels too casual for a custom made gown worn to the most expensive wedding of the year.

Credit: Getty

Moran Atias In Zac Posen - 'Birdman' Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Moran Atias In Zac Posen – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Diane Kruger In Elie Saab Couture - “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Diane Kruger In Elie Saab Couture – “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

45 Responses to Princess Beatrice In Elie Saab & Alberta Ferretti For Petra Ecclestone And James Stunt Wedding Celebrations

1. Tania August 30, 2011 at 19:04 #

I have a soft spot for her also. I love her Alberto Beatice gown and shoes.

• Ahot August 31, 2011 at 10:08 #

me three! She has those big helpless eyes, & i think people are too harsh on her all the time. It takes time to get a great sense of style & she young, she is learning quite well imo

2. mm August 30, 2011 at 19:12 #

I love both looks. The fit is perfect and great shoe choices.

3. currygirl August 30, 2011 at 19:15 #

Awww, she looks great! I have loved that Elie Saab ever since Leighton wore it, and the color of the Alberta Ferretti is gorgeous. I agree about the hair, it’s a shame she couldn’t do a sleek updo.

4. AW August 30, 2011 at 19:18 #

She looks better in the Elie Saab than both of the other women.

I agree about the casual hair with the gown.

• molly August 31, 2011 at 04:42 #

Agreed. I hated the Elie saab on Leighton because of her awful hair. That dress was made for Princess B.

5. Mario August 30, 2011 at 19:19 #

I don’t understand how anyone can dislike her or her style. She dresses far better than Catherine or any other royalty. She totally owns everything she wears and has an interesting sense of fashion which I adore.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2011 at 19:20 #

I agree. I really enjoy her choices.

Like you said she’s far more interesting than Catherine and Zara

• Elaine August 30, 2011 at 21:30 #

two great choices here. the philip tracey hat for the royal wedding will be forever etched in my mind though.
        I agree completely that she is much more interesting than Kate Middleton however

• GusMex August 30, 2011 at 22:23 #

and don´t be afraid of our oppinions, at the end is your blog, and is nice to know what do u think of this and that, be free, hehehe, i love u!!

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2011 at 22:28 #

lol…it was a little joke after the Royal wedding when I loved her and the world hated what she wore ;)

6. Lee Ann August 30, 2011 at 19:25 #

She is dressing better and her hard work at
    Portion control has definitely paid off.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2011 at 19:26 #

lol @ portion control

7. Rebecca Z August 30, 2011 at 19:35 #

I totally agree with your comments, FC and would have thought she’d wear her hair up for the wedding. In fact, with her sense of style I don’t understand why she doesn’t have a more interesting haircut. Her hair is a lovely color, but not beautiful long–I think she’d look great with a bob or some other more stylish presentation.

8. Jones19 August 30, 2011 at 19:53 #

I like her choices here but yeah she should have pulled her hair up for the Alberta Ferretti gown.

9. maria August 30, 2011 at 19:57 #

she looks lovely in both dresses. Very appropriate for the wedding. I like also the shoe choice for both ensembles. i actually love her hair the way it is and it’s a great contrast to both dress colours.

10. mol August 30, 2011 at 20:04 #

I love her in the Elie Saab and the shoe choice as well; the Alberta Ferretti is also beautiful – I just feel a bit more uplift on the bust would have helped and, as you all say, the hair up (love her shoes in this gown too) Not sure why people don’t like her, I do – I even liked her crazy hat at Kate and William’s wedding, she’s got personality which is number one for me….

11. DivaMom August 30, 2011 at 20:05 #

She looks pretty in both looks. I would have liked the girls to be lifted more in the pink. But otherwise, I like!

• Jen August 31, 2011 at 06:09 #

12. Hannah August 30, 2011 at 20:43 #

I adore the first dress, but it will always be Leighton’s, so, beautiful as it is, I am surprised that she (and Astrid) couldn’t have chosen another Elie Saab cocktail dress, they are all gorgeous, so it’s not like this was hte only acceptable choice. Also, I agree abotu the gown, nto special enough at all, the shoes don’t work, the gown is too plain for this event, it needed better hair and more sparkle to liven it up.

13. Megan August 30, 2011 at 20:55 #

I like her also i hate when people are too harsh on her.Leighton really wowed me in that dress but Beatrice nonetheless looks lovely.I agree really with everything you said.

14. Erini August 30, 2011 at 21:12 #

I also have a soft spot for her and really admire her style choices, I think both are lovely on her!

15. Rose August 30, 2011 at 21:18 #

I love both looks but I agree with the hair on the day of the wedding. An updo would have been so much better.

16. Nat39 August 30, 2011 at 21:19 #

Her Elie Saab – the sleeves, the shape of the skirt, the satin bow – a bit girly for my taste, not a fan of the glitter pumps either – too princessy.
    Adore her AF gown, the draping, love the accessories, don`t mind the hair – it may not be a fancy updo but it looks really good – she gets a pass from me. The only thing that bothers me is the bustline – it seems too low, sort of saggy looking. Other than that, love it.

• Jen August 31, 2011 at 06:11 #

I laughed when I read “too princessy” because, well … she IS a princess. But I see your point for sure.

17. noo August 30, 2011 at 21:28 #

i love everything beatrice wears, even her royal wedding hat! in this instance she does justice to her famous elie saab dress with great make up and shoe choice! i also love the alberta ferretti gown but i think she needs to wear fuschia much less :D

FC, do u know who designed the duchess of york’s gown for the wedding?

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2011 at 21:34 #

my guess is Escada

• Rose August 30, 2011 at 21:42 #

FC and do you know who designed Princess Eugenie’s dress? My guess is Vivienne Westwood but I’m not sure.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2011 at 21:49 #

yes it was westwood

• noo August 30, 2011 at 22:08 #

Thank you so much :D this has been driving me nuts to find out! I loved the color of the dress and i also loved how eugenie looked :D

• molly August 31, 2011 at 04:49 #

I loved the hat too. It would have looked awful if her coat wasnt so amazing, but she looked great. She totally owned the look.

• Ahot August 31, 2011 at 10:13 #

good to see some loved it too. Both sisters looked great @ the royal wedding, & i love them for taking risks & having fun with fashion

18. Sandie August 30, 2011 at 21:46 #

I’m glad you commented on her. I liked her too in both outfits. She has come a long way and her fashion future seems bright!

19. TeaAtTwo August 30, 2011 at 22:21 #

She looks good in both outfits. Does Beatrice have a stylist or does she dress herself? Either way someone help Catherine!

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2011 at 22:29 #

She does have a stylish and it shows.

I think its the same as Emma Watson.

20. anna August 30, 2011 at 23:42 #

she looks stunning in both dresses!
    loved both looks so much…i can’t pick one! heheh

21. Dani August 31, 2011 at 00:07 #

Not usually a fan of her looks, but love both of these!

22. L August 31, 2011 at 00:15 #

The accessories on the first look are awful. Hate the shoes with that dress and the pink dress, while a pretty color, doesn’t fit her. It’s hanging waaay too low. I can tell this girl has hired a stylist because this is loads better than normal, but still pretty darn bad.

23. Elaine2 August 31, 2011 at 00:57 #

I don’t think I’ve ever seen her look so great! I love both outfits, tell us more about this wedding? Who are the married couple????

LOL…….yes, Duchess Kate really does need a stylist if she wants to keep up. Better yet – maybe she’ll actually do something besides shop and walk two steps behind her husband! haha.

24. Lisa August 31, 2011 at 02:41 #

THIS is how royalty should dress. She looks both glamorous and sophisticated. I hope a certain other gorgeous-but-bland-as-dry-toast royal is taking notes. ;)

25. molly August 31, 2011 at 04:48 #

She is so pretty! She has so much more confidence since she lost weight, and she looks amazing. She dresses lady like without being boring *cough* listen up Kate *cough*. I think she wore the blue dress the best. The pink dress is super stunning even if she should have worn a bra.

26. Raquel August 31, 2011 at 06:24 #

I like Beatrice waaay more than Kate. Don’t get me wrong, I know that a stylist does make a difference, but even with a stylist, Beatrice does take risks – hat at the royal wedding, which I hated, though I loved the dress + coat – and owns it. Like someone uptread said, she has a sense of fashion, she had one even before she had an stylist. Yes, it was horrific at times, but one could tell she owned every single mistake she made. I understand that Beatrice has more room to maneuver, so to speak, as far as fashion is concerned than Kate, who has to dress for the part of the future queen of England, but still, I enjoy, even when I dislike – Beatrice’s choices more. Plus, she knows how to wear eyeliner.

About the hair, I agree with FC’s comments, but it seems that a lot of younger girls just love to show their hair loose and shinny and pretty – hello Kate.

27. Alina August 31, 2011 at 07:07 #

I like both looks.

28. kiwi August 31, 2011 at 12:29 #

love both the looks

29. Pam September 2, 2011 at 07:45 #

Love her two looks here. :) I even love the hair! Although, I agree, it would have been better if she had done something fab for her har.

Still dislike her hat from the Catherine and William wedding though. Though I will say she stood out and is far more memorable, in my opinion.