30.08.11

Kelly Rowland joined many other stars such as Katy Perry for House of Hype’s 2011 MTV Video Music Awards After-Party on Sunday night in LA.

The singer wore her second mini dress of the night, this time opting for a Roberto Cavalli dress.

Her black and navy blue sequined dress with a sweet-heart neckline was paired with the same Christian Louboutin Spikes peep-toes she wore to the awards show.

The dress is working for her, but the make-up isn’t.

I’ve never been a fan of the dark lip liner/light lip colour combo.

Kelly was very brave to wear this dress considering Bar Rafaeli wore it during Cannes Film Festival back in May.

Credit: Getty

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Balmain - AEM Association Children Of The World For Rwanda Charity Dinner

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Balmain – AEM Association Children Of The World For Rwanda Charity Dinner

Cindy Crawford In Roberto Cavalli - “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

Cindy Crawford In Roberto Cavalli – “The Ides Of March” Venice Film Festival Premiere

20 Responses to Kelly Rowland In Roberto Cavalli – House of Hype 2011 MTV Music Video Awards After-Party

1. AW August 30, 2011 at 17:18 #

The lip liner is screams 1990′s SWV & it’s making me nauseous.

This look could read more drag queen is RuPaul were wearing it.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2011 at 17:49 #

OMG you hit the nail on the head with the SWV reference

2. Jones19 August 30, 2011 at 17:25 #

Don’t tell me this dark lipliner/ light lipstick trend is coming back? Ugh… Anyway I think this look is alright but Kelly shouldn’t wear strapless since it emphasizes her broad shoulders.

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2011 at 17:48 #

I hope not.

• Elena August 30, 2011 at 18:24 #

I saw a girl at MAC wearing the dark liner/light lipstick combo the other day… I think the 90s are coming back in full force.

I do have to say I like the dress better on Kelli than Bar… Maybe it’s how pretty the blue looks against her skintone?

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2011 at 18:46 #

I shudder at the thought of this making a comeback

• dee August 30, 2011 at 18:36 #

I hope not either. It is a terrible look.

3. Alina August 30, 2011 at 17:52 #

I’m speechless.

4. Hannah August 30, 2011 at 18:02 #

Her makeup artist should be fired, her skin looks ashy, which is so disappointing considering how beautiful her skin colour is, her eyes are drag queen and the lips are unspeakably bad, I am jsut hoping that she was wearing an all over lip colour and it wore off. The whoellooks is so dull, she always looks the same. I wish she would wear a simple look with less flammable loking hair and natural makeup. She looks so much better when she is simple, at least I guess she will brign drama to the X factor, after last year god knows we need it.

• dee August 30, 2011 at 18:37 #

I agree. She needs to tone things down a bit.

5. Isa August 30, 2011 at 18:29 #

Worst lips EVER

6. robbie August 30, 2011 at 19:50 #

rupauls long lost “sister”

7. Nat39 August 30, 2011 at 21:34 #

Her hair and make-up are killing me here, combined with her rather athletic broad shoulders emphasized by the absence of straps, plus the sequins, and voila – we have a dude in a dress and makeup – drag queenish, agree with the comments above.

8. Sandie August 30, 2011 at 21:52 #

That’s a nice dress and she looks great in it! Just that. I agree with what has been mentioned about the hair and make-up.

9. TeaAtTwo August 30, 2011 at 22:26 #

Do stylists check out whether an celebrity has worn an outfit before putting it on a client.?

10. Marian August 31, 2011 at 02:24 #

The styling is a shame. That dress was already exhausted by Bar. It never should been in the same room as Kelly. A stylist worth their salt should never have their clients repeat certain looks already seen on other major profiles, I’m saddened by this.

The dress I think is not so flattering on Kelly, who is a beautiful beautiful woman.

who is doing her hair and makeup? The makeup is making her look older.

It is a shame as the result is very drag queen when Kelly is far from that.

Love Miss Rowland.

Glam kisses,

Marian.

11. Jen August 31, 2011 at 06:14 #

I agree on the makeup issue but I don’t think she looks masculine at all – I think the dress is a great fit on her. It’s the eye/lip combo that throws me.

12. chrisk August 31, 2011 at 14:25 #

First and foremost, I think this look is a success in TOTAL. The hair is simple, as the dress is not. The makeup is dramatic, so as to notice the woman AND the (embellished) dress she’s wearing (well, I may add)! She thoughtfully decided against the noise of jewelry and unneccessary accessories. Her lipliner? Pretty subtle an execution… Her body? Masculine? Looks like a happy, healthy, well cared for body to me. Kelly looks like a young Donna Summer and/or Naomi Campbell. How can you argue with that?

13. Terrel August 31, 2011 at 18:41 #

Kelly look’s fine to me eveyboby her lipliner is nice.

14. Lily September 1, 2011 at 07:33 #

I think it’s the wig AND the makeup. Honestly, the girl needs a new stylist. She always managed to get something wrong and she could be so flawless. Maybe if her stylist read this blog, he/she would know that dress has already been worn. :)