Miley Cyrus In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

Aging Award
Miley Cyrus attended the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards tonight in LA.

The singer picked a long-sleeved printed Roberto Cavalli Pre-Fall 2011 gown.

I instantly disliked her blue gown with black detailing, as it feels too all over the place with a leopard print on the top half and floral print on the bottom.

Although her dress is backless, it’s still an aging look for Miley which wasn’t helped with her diamond Lorraine Schwartz choker.

The rest of her jewelry included drop earrings and a huge statement ring.

She finished her look with a pulled back up-do and smoky eye shadow.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Eva Mendes For Flare Magazine May 2014

Eva Mendes For Flare Magazine May 2014

Britney Spears In Moschino - 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

Britney Spears In Moschino – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

24 Responses to Miley Cyrus In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

1. noo August 29, 2011 at 03:15 #

i think it’s safe to say that cyrus-cavalli is not a winning combination!

• AW August 29, 2011 at 05:07 #

Also no one can convince me that this chick is a teenager. That voice, the awkward fashion sense, she’s 42, from Wyoming with 3 kids.

• noo August 29, 2011 at 12:13 #

hahahaha!

• justme August 29, 2011 at 17:59 #

LOL

• dee August 29, 2011 at 14:46 #

I agree.

2. Thais August 29, 2011 at 03:18 #

One day she’s a princess wearing Marchesa, another she’s Meryl Streep wearing this gown, and then she decides that she can’t be tamed by wearing a leather dress, showing off legs and boobs. I thinks she’s missing being just one kind of person, herself.

• Alina August 29, 2011 at 05:06 #

Ditto.

3. Hannah August 29, 2011 at 03:23 #

I agree, I am really not a fan of th edress. I don’t thik her necklace or earrings helped either. That being said her makeup was much better than previous times, even if her skin is still a little orange.

4. maria August 29, 2011 at 03:24 #

i don’t dislike the dress, but it’s a bit too much for her age and also for the type of event.

5. Rebecca Z August 29, 2011 at 03:29 #

She looks great from just above the necklace up, but the dress is a definite miss.

6. Elaine2 August 29, 2011 at 03:30 #

TOTALLY agree with you FC. Although the dress isn’t horrible, it is too “old” for her. She looks like she’s about 40 years old in this photo. (Not that I think being 40 years old is bad, but how old is Miley??)

7. karen August 29, 2011 at 03:37 #

The dress is beautiful, but not for an 18 year old.

8. Shaina August 29, 2011 at 03:41 #

I couldn’t help but laugh, she’s so overdressed for the VMAs and I agree it is aging. I do like the dress though, not in that color but the one on the model. The print is more subtle.

9. taylor August 29, 2011 at 04:54 #

I actually really, really like this look. The dress is perfect for her body and her hair and makeup look nice.

10. crazyme47 August 29, 2011 at 05:47 #

it can save (miley and cavalli) just not picking the over print and stiffed dress. The runaway look will be better (with the flowy sleeves)

11. Sonia August 29, 2011 at 05:52 #

I think its more of the print of the dress that I don’t like. The fit, while it may age her a bit, is actually nice. I mean, just because its long sleeved and high necked doesn’t mean that its too “old” for her to wear.

I wish she had chosen the lighter color (the one the model is wearing) because the print and color of the dress she is wearing is what makes the look bad for me.

Hair and makeup are flawless and I love the jewellery.

12. Cassiie August 29, 2011 at 06:49 #

Absolutely hate the dress on her, definitely have to agree that it’s wayyy too “old” for her.

13. Vidhya August 29, 2011 at 07:00 #

There are a lot of mixed prints this year and most of them look ghastly with no hope of anyone pulling them off.. so ofcourse miley had no chance..

14. Lyss August 29, 2011 at 08:29 #

I saw a photo of the back of the dress too and I didn’t like how the necklace was long at the back and overlapped the ribbon holding the back of the dress together. I think the dress ages her and isn’t very fun for this event. She also doesn’t look very comfortable and I think she looks bigger than she actually is in this dress, as in more broad up top. Her makeup was much better than usual though.

15. Jones19 August 29, 2011 at 11:56 #

What the eff is this? This is the VMA’s! The event to dress slutty/outrageously and Miley shows up in this? Geez

16. robbie August 29, 2011 at 12:02 #

it is nice to see her cover up but this look is really so ugly. she looks like she belongs on “the real housewives of….”

17. chrisk August 29, 2011 at 17:35 #

Bravo Miley…Hippie chick meets Milan runway. It must be said that this girl is coming into her own. No glitter or gimmicks here – rather confidence and restraint (not to mention a healthy dose of sex appeal-note the back ofthis dress, or lack thereof!) Let’s not ask “too young?, too old?” Let’s ask “Does she pull it off?”

18. crazyme47 August 29, 2011 at 17:54 #

miley always have a perfect hair make up.
    Just not always perfect with the way she dresses for an event. For this one, I think she was trying to keep her signature bohemian look and she was trying to look more and more mature. But this dress is OK but just not perfect.
    I don’t like the tie dye color, it’s like a two different print goin’ on. It makes her hips looks fatter. And for the jewels, she was trying to get the Kate Hudson 2010 SAG Award look.

19. Lyss August 30, 2011 at 13:06 #

This should have been on someone more statuesque.