29.08.11

Katie Holmes In Azzedine Alaia – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

Worst Shoes Award
Katie Holmes attended the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards held at the Nokia Theatre in LA tonight.

The beautiful actress wore an Azzedine Alaia halter dress.

Her ultra-feminine dress would’ve been perfect with a pair of striking heels, but instead she opted for tan Proenza Schouler suede ‘Snub-Nose’ ankle noots.

I don’t think an Alaia dress has ever been this close to horrific shoes.

This is such a shame because everything else (excluding that pose) is perfect from her glossy waves to her flawless make-up.

Credit: Getty

Rihanna In Balmain - 'Rogue by Rihanna' Paris Launch

Rihanna In Balmain – ‘Rogue by Rihanna’ Paris Launch

Katy Perry in Atelier Versace - 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

Katy Perry in Atelier Versace – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

21 Responses to Katie Holmes In Azzedine Alaia – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

1. Raquel August 29, 2011 at 02:42 #

I’m surprised with myself because I don’t it is that bad. Maybe it’s because I don’t think much of the dress and she is glowing. The boots concept isn’t that bad, but maybe different booties.

2. Shaina August 29, 2011 at 02:46 #

I’m disappointed by these looks so far. The dress is pretty but I wish her hair was styled differently so we could actually see it, not to mention the hideous shoes!

3. Hannah August 29, 2011 at 02:52 #

There aren’t even words to describe the atrocity that is those shoes. They are awful, they look like something pocahontas would have worn on a bad day. Just foul. On the other hand, I don’t hate her pose too too much, it is VERY Lea Michele, but at least it isn’t her usual meek stnading next to Tom cruise holding hands thing we always see form her.

4. sergioA August 29, 2011 at 02:52 #

Fashion Critic I just bought the September issue of Vogue Latinamerica, and theres a little article about the new “it” bag, which is the Celine Boston tote, and there are some pictures of women outside the fw shows carrying it, AND YOURE ONE OF THEM!!!! u look SO SO SO GOOD sporting that gorgeous bag… Only the chicest women out there have that bag and ure obviously one of them… love it !

• Fashion Critic August 29, 2011 at 02:59 #

WHATTTTTT…..I HAVE TO BUY THIS.

Thanks for letting me know. I am so excited about this

• sergioA August 29, 2011 at 03:01 #

The picture is featured in the supplement magazine with all the highlights from the season. :-)

• Fashion Critic August 29, 2011 at 03:14 #

cant wait to see it

5. pascha August 29, 2011 at 02:57 #

Ok so the shoes aren’t great but all the celebs who went overboard at the tanning salon need to take tips from Katie.

Also Kelly Roland… this is how your hair should’ve been tonight!

6. Rebecca Z August 29, 2011 at 03:33 #

Wow, she has some seriously double-jointed knees. Why oh why wear those shoes? Who could possibly have thouth those were a good idea?

7. Elaine2 August 29, 2011 at 03:35 #

I think I’m really jaded – because I really don’t care for her at all – and so I’m not surprised by this odd combination. She just doesn’t seem to ever get it together. Doesn’t she have a fashion professional who can help her?

• Fashion Critic August 29, 2011 at 03:45 #

I feel the same way…she has all the potential, but fails time after time

• Louisa August 29, 2011 at 12:23 #

She does have a fashion professional – her partner in Holmes & Yang, Jeanne Yang, is a stylist. Katie Holmes has no clue about fashion. None. She can take gorgeous designer clothes and make them look awful because she tries too hard to be a trendsetter. She can’t carry it off and just ends up looking wrong. She’d be better off sticking to something ‘safe’.

8. Karen August 29, 2011 at 05:02 #

I still don’t understand why a lot of people are so in awe of her and think she’s a fashion icon because i think she’s always one of the worst dressed. This is the stuff she comes out in everytime. Just plain horrible. No surprises here.

9. Alina August 29, 2011 at 05:10 #

Love her hair.

10. pipsqueak August 29, 2011 at 06:12 #

Those shoes are awful, but the dress is boring, too. This Azzedine Alaia number looks no different from the Holmes & Young design. Why was she at MTV? Well, I guess the bigger question is: Who is Katie Holmes? She’s a woman of no identity anymore except her title, Mrs. Tom Cruise.

11. Emi August 29, 2011 at 07:45 #

What was she thinking when she chose those awful shoes?

12. Jones19 August 29, 2011 at 11:58 #

She looks like a lumberjack in those shoes. Such a shame since that dress is gorge. Katie somehow always misses the mark.

13. robbie August 29, 2011 at 13:10 #

*yawn* yet another azzedine alaia dress, they always basically look the same, those shoes are bad.

• dee August 29, 2011 at 14:48 #

14. Sharon August 31, 2011 at 05:26 #

“That pose” is apparently her go-to stance whenever her legs are bare. Nice dress, though.

15. somename February 16, 2012 at 16:53 #

Love the hair, love the dress, but above everything, absolutely love the shoes. I want them!!