29.08.11

Britney Spears In Moschino – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

“It’s Britney B*tch” Award
Britney Spears was the subject of tonight’s big tribute performance at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards which was held at the Nokia Theatre.

For her big night she opted to wear a black sequinned Moschino romper with a chevron print and low slung belt.

The look is typically short without much to get excited about.

She looks super uncomfortable (as always) to be on the red carpet.

Despite what Britney thinks, her legs are not her best feature so making them look even more stumpy with these Gina peep-toe calf boots was a big mistake.

For once I will give her kudos for her hair and makeup which are flawless.

It’s a shame the good work was undone by her poor shoe choice.

Credit: Getty

Miley Cyrus In Roberto Cavalli - 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

Miley Cyrus In Roberto Cavalli – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

Beyonce Knowles In Lanvin - 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

Beyonce Knowles In Lanvin – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

33 Responses to Britney Spears In Moschino – 2011 MTV Video Music Awards

1. Hannah August 29, 2011 at 03:34 #

It is a really tragic look, especially as this VMA shwo is in her honour. IT has little to no impact, looks indreibly, incredibly dated, and the jumpsuit fit shorribly, and has no aspect of being flattering whatsoever. I think I was expecting her to have a great moment but instead it is such a bad dull look it is almost shocking. This could have been her night, and she ruined it. The sheos are vile, too – I imagine Kelyl rowland will be v. jealous of them Her hair and makeup are divine though.

2. maria August 29, 2011 at 03:36 #

i agree about the shoes, but i am so pleased for her looking happy and healthy. I actually like the dress with the belt, it fits her great.

• AW August 29, 2011 at 05:04 #

I agree that she looks healthy which is really nice considering how many lollipop heads there are walking around Hollyweird.

Her hair looks great and it only took like 6 years worth of foolishness…

• dee August 29, 2011 at 14:45 #

I agree.

3. Amber August 29, 2011 at 03:42 #

I totally agree with you, those shoes are such a poor choice. The hair and make-up look really nice though, so at least something is working for her tonight!

4. Shaina August 29, 2011 at 03:42 #

I love the name of this award!

• niya August 29, 2011 at 05:37 #

ditto. and I agree about the hair and make-up, too bad about the outfit – if only she could get them both working at the same time…

5. Jackie August 29, 2011 at 03:44 #

Is that really a dress? It looks like a romper which could’ve been really cute if it weren’t for the shoes. The also belt looks out of place too…

Who’s idea was it to wear these shoes that emphasize her calves?

6. Carrie August 29, 2011 at 03:48 #

I’ll admit I don’t like it much either, but I’m pretty sure it’s some kind of romper. Meanwhile, the shoes are what really throw me off. I understand her trying to keep it a bit low-key… romper means she can’t flash anybody… Maybe the shoes are like that so she can’t fall out of them?

7. mm August 29, 2011 at 03:54 #

She still looks uncomfortable on the RC. Love the hair and make up.

8. Incroyable August 29, 2011 at 04:39 #

I LOVE Britney, but WTF?!?

9. Alina August 29, 2011 at 05:04 #

From the neck up she looks gorgeous.

10. Michelle August 29, 2011 at 05:20 #

I think its some what cruel to criticize her legs. I’ve seen you say before that you don’t like to mention body issues and I think this is another case where you should follow that rule… Her legs are probably that way now due to: a. Having two babies, and b. being athletic and fit.

I do agree this isn’t a good look though.

• Fashion Critic August 29, 2011 at 08:59 #

The issue is that the shoes make her legs look shorter. So mentioning her legs is relevant.

If I had called her fat or skinny then I would be breaking that rule

• Jones19 August 29, 2011 at 11:49 #

It’s not like she said her feet were fat or anything, Britney has a lot of great features but her legs aren’t the best thing about her.

• Elena August 29, 2011 at 15:48 #

I disagree. I think Britney’s legs are amazing. Although, I do agree that the boots do her no favors.

• Jones19 August 29, 2011 at 16:06 #

I think her legs are fine, I just think there are other things about her which are better.

• justme August 29, 2011 at 17:58 #

Her legs have always been that way.

11. Vidhya August 29, 2011 at 06:59 #

ROFL at all the comments.. but this is Britney.. all thats expected her is she look healthy and a clean , which she manages to do.. so im pleased :D hair and makeup is good.. finally out of those ratty extensions..

12. caroline August 29, 2011 at 08:39 #

I love this look, it’s so “rock-ish” and I totally love it on Britney, she also looks happy and heathy, yay :D

13. Megan August 29, 2011 at 09:40 #

I love britney and she looks great!I’m disappointed with the shoes but not as much as the tribute I really expected something big and a performance I guess they were only rumours and plus she’s still young:)Anyway I would love to see her wear a gown.

14. Natalie August 29, 2011 at 10:04 #

To be fair to Britney she’s usually more carcrash than this, but she can’t take the blame for this boring outfit she was dressed by Glamour magazine’s fashion director Charlotte-Anne Fidler according to Jo Elvin (Glamour UK Editor’s) Twitter. So she is definitely responsible for those horrific shoes!

15. Jones19 August 29, 2011 at 11:48 #

Ugh I love it from the thighs up but those horrific shoes almost ruin it for me.

16. roxana August 29, 2011 at 11:56 #

very ugly shoes, nice hair!

17. Emi August 29, 2011 at 12:28 #

A cute look ruined by those awful and unflattering shoes.

18. robbie August 29, 2011 at 13:07 #

can someone not introduce her to a better shoe designer? she always ruins perfectly good clothes with those fugly shoe choices.

her hair and make-up is great. the rest is a mess, that romper is a little too casual for an event which is supposed to be honouring her.

19. Raquel August 29, 2011 at 13:21 #

I disagree, Britney’s legs are one of her best features. They are toned, shaped, no celulits, no marks and just muscular enough – like most dancers out there. It kinds of makes me wonder if the only definition of pretty for legs are skinny. Britney’s aren’t even on the chubby side, so what is wrong with her legs that I can’t see?

But I agree that the shoes are unflattering and doesn’t work for her or anyone. These are just hideous and even Uma Thurman with her 5 feet of legs would have looked stumped.

• Elena August 29, 2011 at 15:49 #

Well put, Raquel! I am in total agreement :)

• Megan August 29, 2011 at 18:00 #

Yes definetely well said.Britneys body is great including her legs and myself being a sports player with muscular legs it’s really nice to see a star with toned legs and it’s nice to see comments like yours.I’m sick of the pretty legs being super skinny which is impossible for most athletic girls to have.I agree about the shoes too.

• KateS August 30, 2011 at 03:07 #

I agree. Britney has great legs; the only problem here is the weird ugly shoes that look like old man socks with holes in the toes.

20. Anne G August 29, 2011 at 15:27 #

I agree with everyone that the shoes are terrible. Forget all that — the best accessory is her good health!

21. Carmen August 30, 2011 at 01:17 #

Great hair and make-up for once! The shoes are horrible though, I agree.

22. Miguel August 30, 2011 at 01:41 #