Tonight Sarah Jessica Parker is in Moscow, Russia to present her new movie, “I Don’t Know How She Does It” at Ritz Carlton hotel.

She looked stunning wearing a red Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 Couture strapless gown with a billowing superhero cape.

This is the first time we are seeing a look from Giambattista Valli’s first Couture collection on the red carpet.

The petite actress was the perfect person to showcase this gown. I love how she makes this gown billow like it did on the runway.

Remember how she did something similar with her Elie Saab Couture gown during Cannes Film Festival?

She totally knows how to work a gown.

Her wild wavy gold hair was pulled back into a low ponytail as she accessorized with Fred Leighton jewels including gold hooped earrings and a gold necklace.

Christian Louboutin Alex Lion Paw pumps completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kaley Cuoco In Christian Siriano - Entertainment Weekly's Pre Emmy Party

Kaley Cuoco In Christian Siriano – Entertainment Weekly’s Pre Emmy Party

Lady GaGa In Alexandre Vauthier Couture - Atom Factory VMA Dinner

Lady GaGa In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – Atom Factory VMA Dinner

34 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Giambattista Valli Couture – “I Don’t Know How She Does It” Moscow Film Presentation

1. pepe August 28, 2011 at 23:08 #

i love the way that she worked that dress , but i hate the hair

2. Ashley Spiker August 28, 2011 at 23:12 #

Omg! The Alex pumps make it on the red carpet!!!

3. Terry August 28, 2011 at 23:14 #

OMG, she looked stunning, especially in the first picture. I also love her hairstyle, totally in tune with the dress.

I must admit this outfit comes as a surprise: I have never thought she would sport such a dramatic piece (a cape!) on the red carpet but I’m glad she did!

4. Terry August 28, 2011 at 23:15 #

Oh, I haven’t seen the pumps. Honestly scary.

• Elaine2 August 29, 2011 at 03:39 #

those shoes are totally disgusting, they ruin the look!

5. Belen Sanchez August 28, 2011 at 23:18 #

She looks stunning! BDOTW obviously! Love her!

6. justme August 28, 2011 at 23:24 #

SJP gives the gown a Little Red Riding Hood vibe, especially with those pumps, that I just don’t like.
    I think she’s too short to properly work it.

7. Katey August 28, 2011 at 23:30 #

LMFAO. Those shoes are freakin’ awesome :D :D :D

Love that shoes. So cuteeee.

I have never thought I will ever see these Alex shoes on the red carpet.

8. Sandie August 28, 2011 at 23:30 #

It’s good to see a person wearing a gown! I’ve missed seeing a gown lately. And when the person who wears the gown is Sarah Jessica Parker, even better!
    Divine!

• Fashion Critic August 28, 2011 at 23:35 #

Me too. I have been so bored the last 2 weeks it a pleasure to see a real gown on the red carpet again.

9. allieh August 28, 2011 at 23:33 #

Dude shes so rad and ballsy. Im sure the stupid weeklies wont get this at all. I love how much respect she has for fashion as an art and that she seems to enjoy it and have so much fun with it. U can tell she doesnt give a hoot what people think.

10. Terry August 28, 2011 at 23:36 #

She looks like a haute couture version of Red Riding Hood. The cape is a bit much.

• Valeria August 29, 2011 at 05:11 #

I think she is missing a belt of some sort or bejeweled piece around her neck. She could have pulled it off

11. leah August 28, 2011 at 23:36 #

I actually don’t like it on her suprisingly, looks a little to costumey imo…I think it’s a height thing, cause the gown looks amazing & way better on Aymeline.

12. NZ August 28, 2011 at 23:39 #

WOW! She looks stunning! What a great look to start this week!!

13. Elly August 28, 2011 at 23:49 #

It doesn’t fit.
    Simple!

14. CreoleLady August 29, 2011 at 00:26 #

Yeah, I remember how she practically ran over Fan Bing Bing to hog the camera.

15. Kaylie August 29, 2011 at 01:15 #

It seems like it doesn’t fit her very well, and it makes her look very short and little red riding hood-ish. I don’t like it.

16. aiyu August 29, 2011 at 02:29 #

I have a problem with the way SJP wears a strapless dress, it was seems to have a fit problem.

17. Giuseppi Giraffe August 29, 2011 at 02:39 #

I didn’t like this at all until I saw the runway shot. I think that if SJP were younger, sleeker, and posed somewhere with billowing winds giving the cape a little more motion, I would like it on her too. As it is, the whole look is just flat to me. She looks like she’s wearing a costume.

18. Raquel August 29, 2011 at 03:00 #

So sorry, but the shoes are hideous and make the whole look too costume-y. Yeah, it’s a ballsy move but not all ballsy moves delivers. The hair is a mess and the assessories don’t deliver either.

Charlotte Chasiraghi wore the same dress in light blue and made it work.

• ChristineF August 30, 2011 at 13:25 #

Correct! This is a dress for a young girl, not a almost 50 years old, petite…, refusing to get older
      Shoes are awful
      An a belt is needed, as Charlotte worn.

19. Hannah August 29, 2011 at 03:07 #

Glad as I am to finally see somethign other than mundane on the red carpet (though the dry patch was way worse last year on the red carpet), I am nto a huge fan. She needs somethign to break up the red for me, liek the gold on the runway. I prefer what seems to be a thinner waist ban don the model aswell. Also, the dress is jsut too long for her, and all in all it just looks liek it is swallowing her. For me much sexier hair woudl have been greatly prefered, I find this hairstyle neither befitting this look or attractive in any way shape or form, and less scary makeup woudl have been greatly desired. Either veronica lake waves or a her classic bun, with darker smokier but cleaner eyes, and no red lips, with a sexier attitude woudl ahve made the dress for me.

20. Rebecca Z August 29, 2011 at 03:24 #

She doesn’t miss very often, but when she does it is a big miss like this one. That’s what happens when you take risks like she does, and I admire her for it. She could have carried this dress off with a better hair style and a better fit in the bodice, but the shoes…not buying it.

21. Alina August 29, 2011 at 05:46 #

I’m on the fence.

22. Vidhya August 29, 2011 at 07:31 #

Well, her boobs look squashed as usual.. her hair is bad.. I loved the dress on Charlotte.. so I think its SJP who made this dress look bad.. :( maybe its her height?

23. Jones19 August 29, 2011 at 12:19 #

Those shoes are super cute! This is a big dress for a petite woman but she pulls it off well as always.

24. robbie August 29, 2011 at 13:23 #

leave it to SJP too take a risk when it comes to footwear. they are a little ott but actually quite adorable.

the dress is a bit plain.

25. Taylor August 29, 2011 at 17:06 #

She is working the dress…BDOTW

26. chrisk August 29, 2011 at 17:48 #

Take away the glamourous frock and this hair (day old and grown out) says “Oops, you caught me post workout.”

27. Gamine August 30, 2011 at 01:25 #

Oh now I get it. Maybe she *is* going for the red riding hood vibe and the shoes are reminiscent of the “big bad wolf”?

28. Sorz August 30, 2011 at 04:26 #

Sorry, everything is beautiful but the face just ruins it

29. cleve-rchris August 31, 2011 at 22:33 #

Let’s remember that we are here to discuss/debate fashion, not someones physicality. How can we fault the face someone is born with?

30. Hailey May 17, 2012 at 01:05 #

Only SJP. Let’s be honest could you imagine anyone else in this look or rocking it the way SJP does. Love this look, including the hair which I wouldn’t think would look good on her but it does.